Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
New Project. UndeadXbox's next step in evolution. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, READ. - Page 4 Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
New Project. UndeadXbox's next step in evolution. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, READ. - Page 4 Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
New Project. UndeadXbox's next step in evolution. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, READ. - Page 4 Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
New Project. UndeadXbox's next step in evolution. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, READ. - Page 4 Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
New Project. UndeadXbox's next step in evolution. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, READ. - Page 4 Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
New Project. UndeadXbox's next step in evolution. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, READ. - Page 4 Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
New Project. UndeadXbox's next step in evolution. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, READ. - Page 4 Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
New Project. UndeadXbox's next step in evolution. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, READ. - Page 4 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
New Project. UndeadXbox's next step in evolution. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, READ. - Page 4 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
New Project. UndeadXbox's next step in evolution. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, READ. - Page 4 Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
New Project. UndeadXbox's next step in evolution. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, READ. - Page 4 Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
New Project. UndeadXbox's next step in evolution. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, READ. - Page 4 Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

New Project. UndeadXbox's next step in evolution. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, READ.

+39
Ryanhw12
TerrorOps
Cloakey100
Vicious Fox
Masta Shef
A Sneaky Whale
ABigSoggy Wafle
lamboman1342
Knoxville
KGBOOM
LHR D3ATHN0T3
mboddz751
Flasktoss55
Jakekola
. ADestroyer360
MrKurt2012
nK FaTaLiiTY
x Swiftyy v
Slacker Hero
KZ Powned
Super Mega King
FoundDa Kiwi
A Groovy Tophat
Namorg
VrAzZLe Meister
oO Coggy Oo
bman4782
sgt zombie23
eaustinn36
snowwolf1996
El Mexi Can 915
Made in Finland
ApocalypseVVolf.
Meatshield718
Desert Sleepy
Garquin
WestHybrid 360
Jagdgeschwader
DeadApe
43 posters

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

New Project. UndeadXbox's next step in evolution. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, READ. - Page 4 Empty Re: New Project. UndeadXbox's next step in evolution. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, READ.

Post  snowwolf1996 10th October 2012, 11:01 am

I love forum games, so for me i would love to see a giant zed one(in deadapes case) or just have a theme for a week like a "Just like old times week" where we celebrate the UX days...like a holiweek
snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

New Project. UndeadXbox's next step in evolution. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, READ. - Page 4 Empty Re: New Project. UndeadXbox's next step in evolution. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, READ.

Post  WestHybrid 360 10th October 2012, 11:01 am

Desert Sleepy wrote:All that stuff sounds doable already. It's not like it would get removed or something if somebody posted a topic on any of those subjects.

Sleepy, it's not a question of removal, it's a question of will it be maintained.
WestHybrid 360
WestHybrid 360
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 10th October 2012, 12:04 pm

Yea, the things I want to do in a new forum can not be done in this environment. UndeadXbox is tailored for specific reasons and this new forum will be tailored for different ones.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 10th October 2012, 12:56 pm

WestHybrid 360 wrote:
Desert Sleepy wrote:All that stuff sounds doable already. It's not like it would get removed or something if somebody posted a topic on any of those subjects.

Sleepy, it's not a question of removal, it's a question of will it be maintained.

If Undead Xbox's name was changed today, why wouldn't somebody be able to do that stuff? They'd have to be the one to maintain it. If there was an art section, it would be maintained by whoever posts art.

As for UX being tailored for certain things, I don't see why it couldn't be modified to be tailored to new things (like art and music). You'd just need to create the actual sections for the new things and find some members to maintain it.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 10th October 2012, 4:49 pm

One, we cant change the URL I'm pretty sure. Two, you can paint stripes on a horse but that doesn't make it a zebra. We all need this fresh start to represent us moving on from UndeadXbox into something better and more productive.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Garquin 10th October 2012, 4:58 pm

DeadApe wrote:One, we cant change the URL I'm pretty sure. Two, you can paint stripes on a horse but that doesn't make it a zebra. We all need this fresh start to represent us moving on from UndeadXbox into something better and more productive.
New Project. UndeadXbox's next step in evolution. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, READ. - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3t3sxqVCnf56kUZXaOnjwhH_V-M6RYWO5fuVGko3hmTq3wDahjvTuqWPSlA

I'm Also All for there be a 5th site.

Garquin
Sex Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 10th October 2012, 6:54 pm

DeadApe wrote:One, we cant change the URL I'm pretty sure. Two, you can paint stripes on a horse but that doesn't make it a zebra. We all need this fresh start to represent us moving on from UndeadXbox into something better and more productive.

Agreed.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  x Swiftyy v 11th October 2012, 5:13 pm

Well, When i first joined the site in 09 it wasn't just the Zombies that made me sign up! it was the atmosphere of the community, the members and so on. Now you are probably aware the over few thousand people who have signed up for this forum would simply vanish *starting the new website* also the community could divise over people not willing to give up the full zombies era. this could be a really dangerous move so you will need to think it right through, it could really make an end to UX.

x Swiftyy v
Guns dont kill zombies, I kill zombies.

Back to top Go down

Post  WestHybrid 360 11th October 2012, 6:47 pm

x Swiftyy v wrote:Well, When i first joined the site in 09 it wasn't just the Zombies that made me sign up! it was the atmosphere of the community, the members and so on. Now you are probably aware the over few thousand people who have signed up for this forum would simply vanish *starting the new website* also the community could divise over people not willing to give up the full zombies era. this could be a really dangerous move so you will need to think it right through, it could really make an end to UX.

UX is pretty much done. Let's get that right out of the way.

But just because we don't do zombies doesn't mean everyone isn't going to stick around. In fact, most people don't even play zeds anymore.
WestHybrid 360
WestHybrid 360
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 11th October 2012, 9:43 pm

New name idea.

Double Jump.

Nothing fancy, still tangentially related to gaming without using the "gaming" or "gamer" moniker, and flows well.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 11th October 2012, 9:52 pm

A step in the right direction, but I don't know about the name. Since Slacker brought it up though, I think it is essential that we don't include the "gaming" moniker. Or Xbox, or PS3, or PC, or Wii, or whatever.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 11th October 2012, 10:03 pm

WestHybrid 360 wrote:But just because we don't do zombies doesn't mean everyone isn't going to stick around. In fact, most people don't even play zeds anymore.

Stop spreading false information. K thx.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 11th October 2012, 10:22 pm

Jagdgeschwader wrote:A step in the right direction, but I don't know about the name. Since Slacker brought it up though, I think it is essential that we don't include the "gaming" moniker. Or Xbox, or PS3, or PC, or Wii, or whatever.

Yeah, completely agree.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 11th October 2012, 10:26 pm

eaustinn36 wrote:
WestHybrid 360 wrote:But just because we don't do zombies doesn't mean everyone isn't going to stick around. In fact, most people that care about the website don't even play zeds anymore.

Fixed it. Does that make it better?

Also, I like the name Double Jump. Best so far imo
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 11th October 2012, 10:38 pm

Jagdgeschwader wrote:Since Slacker brought it up though, I think it is essential that we don't include the "gaming" moniker. Or Xbox, or PS3, or PC, or Wii, or whatever.

Isn't something like 99.99 percent of the userbase gamers? I get it if you don't like the sound of gaming in the name, but all the talk of keeping the site from sounding like a place centered on gamers doesn't feel right. I get that the idea is to expand to other things, but realistically I don't see the userbase ever being anything but at least 90 percent gamers.

The site got a large userbase due to GTA zombies, which is something that wasn't really done before it came around. UX effectively has a monopoly on the GTA IV zombies trade, so anyone wanting to play it will almost certainly end up here. GTA zombies was a unique concept that no other large group was doing, and a couple of the videos of it got widely viewed on YouTube. I'm saying that there'd have to be something special to actually get a significant amount of non-gamers to this community. Why would a musician join this community when there's probably hundreds of much larger music-centric communities? Why would an artist join the community when he's probably already part of a much larger artist centered community?

Basically, what would draw in the non-gamers when there's already far more popular, more non-gaming focused sites around? What could the new site possibly have that would top 40,000 fellow music enthusiasts (Googled "Music forum" and found http://www.musicbanter.com/ ) talking about music? Even the music flame war thread wouldn't get their attention, since it's basically just people posting music, not discussing it. Why would some artist pick this new community, with presumably only a couple fellow art enthusiasts in it, over deviantART and it's well established reputation and huge userbase? As a gamer, I wouldn't want to join a music and gaming site that has about 90 music enthusiasts and ten gamers. I'd just go find a site with either more gamers present or a larger percent of gamers. There aren't enough artists to draw new ones in. Probably the most appealing aspect of UX for me is the size of the userbase. It's not too small to hold a game (though I'd definitely prefer more members), but it isn't so big that nobody knows anybody else and everyone acts like an insincere fuckhead (like bungie.net forums, for example). I recognize virtually every name I frequently see posting on the site, and probably know at least a bit about them. That combined with the pretty relaxed moderation (and the fact that the staff isn't as distant, impersonal, and serious as on larger sites) gives the site a good community feeling. That's why I can see more gamers joining if more videos are posted (on the official YouTube).

Note that I'm not saying the community shouldn't bother trying to attract other crowds, I'm just saying that it'll almost certainly always be primarily gamers. The userbase could certainly use some fattening, and maybe if a few musicians or artists got in (maybe tell people you know in real life about it?) more would join based on the tight-knit community thing mentioned earlier.

Also, I think Double Jump's a pretty good name. Reminds me of the Halo 2 glitching days, and doesn't necessarily sound gaming focused.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 11th October 2012, 10:46 pm

The problem isn't being gaming-focused. THe problem is the site's name saying "gaming" because that sounds childish.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 11th October 2012, 11:34 pm

Meatshield718 wrote:
eaustinn36 wrote:
WestHybrid 360 wrote:But just because we don't do zombies doesn't mean everyone isn't going to stick around. In fact, most people that care about the website don't even play zeds anymore.

Fixed it. Does that make it better?

I would replace "that care about" with "who are still active on". It is false to say that everyone that isn't still active, don't care about the website. Many have slow PC's and can't handle the flash stuff, and others just left because they didn't like the direction the website has taken, but are still active in the community in terms of attending hosted games. There are many other issues as well that prevent people from regularly visiting / posting.

Also, the 1st sentence is still not fixed.

Super Mega King wrote:The problem isn't being gaming-focused. THe problem is the site's name saying "gaming" because that sounds childish.

I agree that "gaming" does sound childish, but i'd like to further a point a briefly mentioned earlier (not talking directly to just you SMK). I really don't think a site name change is necessary. When we are searched for on the internet, or for youtube videos, people know the UX name. Granted we aren't that huge, but the UX name carries the identity of the website with it, along with the reputation that follows it. Changing the name, imo, is basically starting a new website (minus deleting all of the previous content); it is basically a full reset, or members and reputation. Granted the site is a little smaller now, but a name change would only hurt it further imo. We are about change, not a complete start-over; the site can be changed to adapt to a changing need for an alternate focus, without changing the title. Besides, "UX" carries a story with it, and it is what everyone is accustomed to.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 12th October 2012, 12:11 am

eaustinn36 wrote:

I agree that "gaming" does sound childish, but i'd like to further a point a briefly mentioned earlier (not talking directly to just you SMK). I really don't think a site name change is necessary. When we are searched for on the internet, or for youtube videos, people know the UX name. Granted we aren't that huge, but the UX name carries the identity of the website with it, along with the reputation that follows it. Changing the name, imo, is basically starting a new website (minus deleting all of the previous content); it is basically a full reset, or members and reputation. Granted the site is a little smaller now, but a name change would only hurt it further imo. We are about change, not a complete start-over; the site can be changed to adapt to a changing need for an alternate focus, without changing the title. Besides, "UX" carries a story with it, and it is what everyone is accustomed to.

If the website isn't going to be entirely zombie based or Xbox based then there is no point in keeping the same name. If anything, like I said, anyone going for our current link can be redirected to the new site through a redirect link. I'm sure with a sentence of explaining on the welcome page everyone will understand. I think it really is necessary actually. Also, forumotion is great and all, but it's really not. There is a lot more potential with actual software.
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 12th October 2012, 1:29 am

eaustinn36 wrote: Changing the name, imo, is basically starting a new website (minus deleting all of the previous content); it is basically a full reset, or members and reputation. Granted the site is a little smaller now, but a name change would only hurt it further imo. We are about change, not a complete start-over

No Erik, we are not on the same wavelength, this is EXACTLY what this is.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 12th October 2012, 3:46 am

Guys I was thinking of something...

e-hole.net
"Your internet dive bar."

It may sound weird but I really like it a lot. You might have to let it sit with you to get it.

I like that its a little ambiguous but at the same time its got a lot of meanings to it. Electronic-Hole being the main one. I love the slogan and feel like it matches the name quite well.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 12th October 2012, 3:52 am

DeadApe wrote:Guys I was thinking of something...

e-hole.net
"Your internet dive bar."

It may sound weird but I really like it a lot. You might have to let it sit with you to get it.

I like that its a little ambiguous but at the same time its got a lot of meanings to it. Electronic-Hole being the main one. I love the slogan and feel like it matches the name quite well.

Hmmmm
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  KZ Powned 12th October 2012, 4:11 am

i feel like its too much innuendo and will possibility result in a childish like feel to the site because the whole name is a anal joke
KZ Powned
KZ Powned
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 12th October 2012, 4:35 am

KZ Powned wrote:i feel like its too much innuendo and will possibility result in a childish like feel to the site because the whole name is a anal joke

Agree with that. I'm not going to want to tell anybody about "e-hole.net".
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  x Swiftyy v 12th October 2012, 7:36 am

I honestly think this is going too far, we are not "pretty much done" it is probably just the fact not alot of people play GTA Zombies alot more, and i am pretty confident when GTA V comes out the site will come back to life! I would be horrified if the decision to shut down the site became reality, I think it would be a better idea to "Expand" the site, for example; The Safe House. *located next to the messages* maybe something along those lines, except in a forum version and made alot bigger and worked on more and just put the link u at the top.

x Swiftyy v

Back to top Go down

Post  x Swiftyy v 12th October 2012, 7:42 am

Also, consider mortal Gaming when they hear about this. They will try and pull some serious shit.

x Swiftyy v

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next