Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Hostages, because games are cool. (New Game type for GTA) Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Hostages, because games are cool. (New Game type for GTA) Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Hostages, because games are cool. (New Game type for GTA) Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Hostages, because games are cool. (New Game type for GTA) Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Hostages, because games are cool. (New Game type for GTA) Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Hostages, because games are cool. (New Game type for GTA) Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Hostages, because games are cool. (New Game type for GTA) Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Hostages, because games are cool. (New Game type for GTA) Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Hostages, because games are cool. (New Game type for GTA) Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Hostages, because games are cool. (New Game type for GTA) Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Hostages, because games are cool. (New Game type for GTA) Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Hostages, because games are cool. (New Game type for GTA) Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Hostages, because games are cool. (New Game type for GTA)

+7
KZ Powned
nK FaTaLiiTY
eaustinn36
Super Mega King
DeadApe
Made in Finland
DJDemitri
11 posters

Go down

Hostages, because games are cool. (New Game type for GTA) Empty Hostages, because games are cool. (New Game type for GTA)

Post  DJDemitri 27th January 2013, 11:38 am

I have been thinking of a new game that, whoever is still on here, may enjoy.

It is a game called Negotiation.

This game is based on multi-team communication and reliance. It is a four team game that all heavily dependent on each other for support, however not everyone can win.

Confused yet? I'll explain.

Starting with basics, This game is essentially hostage negotiation. A building is picked at random and then four teams are selected with a leader for each. The four teams are Hostages, S.W.A.T., Police, and of course Criminals.

A little more complicated is the objective. Depending which team you're on it varies from team to team. The Hostages simply want to get out alive, the Criminals want to get a ransom (in a vehicle of course) and escape by helicopter, Police want to arrest the criminals, and S.W.A.T. want to eliminate them.

But aren't S.W.A.T. and Police the same thing? And how do hostages have a leader?

All good questions. The S.W.A.T. is eliminating the threat to get the hostages to safety while the Police negotiate deals to get everyone out alive. The hostages don't necessarily have a leader, he is a VIP that is carrying information or whatever... we can come up with scenarios later.

Well... how do they all rely on each other?

Well Hostages rely on the cops to get them out and on the Criminals to not blow their brains out. The Criminals rely on the Hostages to be good and on the cops to play nice. Police rely on the Criminals to comply and the S.W.A.T. rely on the hostages to not get shot. It can be very tricky with different types of players who may want to do their own things so communication is important.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General Rules:
1. No random killing. There should not be any run in the building and shoot everyone that moves.

2. No being an asshole. By that I mean don't be that guy. We all know who that guy is.

3. You can not ram people with the helicopter. Once the game is completely over it is a free for all so have fun, but when we are playing.... come on.

4. No RPGs. Once someone is in the sky you can only shoot them with guns.

There are personal rules too:
--------------------------------------------------
Rules for Hostages:

1: You can not have a gun or knife. If you think you can take someone with your fist... go ahead. The point is to survive though so I wouldn't recommend it.

2: You should listen to the Criminals. They have the gun to your head so you should listen to them. The only time this wouldn't apply is if the was one Criminal left and they do something dumb like make you walk on foot through the woods.

3:No bailing out of cars at all. On fire or not you can't dive unless the car is at a full stop.

4: Don't just run. You can't just run. Like I said the point is to survive.

5: No Cellphones. No calling anyone.

6: Once you die, you're dead. You leave the area, you are dead and nothing can bring you back.
--------------------------------------------
Criminals:

1. You are free to tactically kill hostages. I am scared to say it but you can. You however can't just start off the first few seconds killing them all. Trust me, you don't want to just kill them. (S.W.A.T. Rules for reason.)

2. Out of hostages or surrounded, surrender. That means if it is obviously a losing battle, give up. (This rule is more of a suggestion.)

3. No body armor. Self explanatory.

4. Limit is one shotgun and/ or one smg. The rest are pistols.

5. Once you die your dead. Same thing for the Hostages, leave. You are dead.
------------------------------------------------
Police:
1. Can't shoot first. Of course if you are being shot at then shoot back.

2. Can't breach. You can't bust in the place at all. You will be stationed outside with your leader and listen to him.

3. No calling the hostages. You will be called by the Criminals and be asked for stuff.

4. Safety first. You are a cop so your main objective is the hostages, don't ram the car and shoot everyone.

5. Only cop cars. If you die then you may return. You may ONLY drive a cop car.

6. Pistols only.
----------------------------------------
S.W.A.T.:
1. No help. You are essentially cops till someone gets shot. Then you can shoot back.

2. VIP. The very likely event you are called in then you must save the VIP. If they die then you fail.

3. Getaway. Once the Criminals are in the helicopter, they are gone.

4. Only SMGs and AR No shotguns or snipers.

5. Chase. You can't chase the criminals by car. You have to either be in a helicopter shooting down or set up roadblocks.

6. Helicopter only If you die you have to get to a helicopter with the rest of your team. You may be dropped off anywhere but you must start in a helicopter.

7. Cops only. You can only call the police.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is everything pretty much. If it sounds like an okay idea maybe we can try it sometime. I will answer any questions.
DJDemitri
DJDemitri
I dismember Zombies slowly

Back to top Go down

Hostages, because games are cool. (New Game type for GTA) Empty Re: Hostages, because games are cool. (New Game type for GTA)

Post  Made in Finland 27th January 2013, 2:54 pm

Ooh, ooh! I wanna be a hostage negotiator!
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Hostages, because games are cool. (New Game type for GTA) Empty Re: Hostages, because games are cool. (New Game type for GTA)

Post  DeadApe 27th January 2013, 5:25 pm

This is really interesting, I think it would be cool if we could get a group of intelligent people playing, it could turn into more of a game of wits than a shootout. Criminals could have elaborate plans to ensure their escape (hostages in different locations unknown to the cops.)

What game mode is this on/ chat settings?

The criminals only line of communication with the police COULD be the phone (TDM chat team only.) BUT the criminals also need constant communication with their hostages so I don't think thats a great idea. Proximity means that pretty much everybody will be able to hear eachother, also a bad idea and it nerfs the cops since they are supposed to be the only ones who can communicate with the criminals...
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 27th January 2013, 6:35 pm

This is kind of similar to my own Hostage Rescue, which didn't work out that well. It basically had the criminals storing the hostage in a random room the entire game, camping
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 27th January 2013, 6:36 pm

Super Mega King wrote:This is kind of similar to my own Hostage Rescue

I was just waiting for either you or Eagle to point that out.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  DJDemitri 27th January 2013, 6:58 pm

Of course this was an idea. It may or may not work.

I had no idea that this was even suggested before.

I guess we could have proximity chat with Live parties. That way we can switch in and out. It isn't perfect, but it would be a better solution.

Last edited by DJDemitri on 27th January 2013, 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
DJDemitri
DJDemitri

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 27th January 2013, 7:00 pm

DJDemitri wrote:Of course this was an idea. It may or may not work.

I had no idea that this was even suggested before.

It isn't the same version, so it could. Only way to know is to test it and/or work out the bugs.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  nK FaTaLiiTY 27th January 2013, 7:07 pm

this could be a good. If you ever want to test it out im down
nK FaTaLiiTY
nK FaTaLiiTY
Hail to the King Baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 27th January 2013, 8:32 pm

Party/game chat seems a little sloppy. I know how annoying it is to hit that guide button and wait like 10 seconds for the damn thing to load, and if I have guns being pointed at me easy of communication is important.

One way you could do this game and keep it pretty interesting is if it operated on a turn system where each team gets a couple of points to spend on movements/abilities and they each take turns. You would have to think ahead to outsmart the criminals and vice versa. It would be a slower paced game but I think thats okay because its not supposed to be TDM. Also this would solve the chat issue because team leaders could call the other teams to declare their moves.

DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  KZ Powned 27th January 2013, 9:20 pm

yo we should test this out tonight cause its Sunday and no one is doing anything, plus we can get all nostalgic in IV
KZ Powned
KZ Powned
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  sgt zombie23 27th January 2013, 9:33 pm

is this for pc?
sgt zombie23
sgt zombie23
Keeper Of The Chat

Back to top Go down

Post  A Sneaky Whale 27th January 2013, 10:57 pm

how would you tell who's who? need to have the teams dress the same. you guys should do this soon. i would love to play a GTA 4 event again. this may need a little touch-up on some of the rules(like no really fast cars, no just plain off-ing a hostage) this could be done well on etheir the TBOGT or GTA 4 classic. MAYBE WITH SOME HELP FROM STAFF OTHER THAN JUST EAUSTIN36, we could this up and running soon.

I have to say when Eaustin36 stopped hosting GTA 4 events, the site kinda died. maybe a STAFF member should be held for hosting 1 event every week or two (on both PC and Xbox). I always liked it when Eaustin36 held games of Real-life roleplay but i kinda agree that not just one or two STAFF should be hosting things i think they all should.

Great idea! i hope i see it on an up coming event.
A Sneaky Whale
A Sneaky Whale
Zombies dun like meh.

Back to top Go down

Post  DJDemitri 28th January 2013, 7:35 am

Wolfgang Jebediah wrote:is this for pc?

No
DJDemitri
DJDemitri

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 28th January 2013, 6:13 pm

http://www.undead-xbox.com/t4547-hostage-rescue-new-community-game?highlight=hostage+rescue

Here's my gametype, which is similar but not exactly like yours. Just warning you that it didn't really go over well; out of maybe six or seven games total, we had maybe two "good" games.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  ztron 28th January 2013, 6:26 pm

Super Mega King wrote:http://www.undead-xbox.com/t4547-hostage-rescue-new-community-game?highlight=hostage+rescue

Here's my gametype, which is similar but not exactly like yours. Just warning you that it didn't really go over well; out of maybe six or seven games total, we had maybe two "good" games.
Yeah I remember that 2 hour game of waiting in the lawyers office while cry played the role of the white death and sniped anyone that left intell he was the last on his team, but it was still pretty fun. demitri im down to play this gametype this weekend.
ztron
ztron
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 28th January 2013, 6:35 pm

I like the sound of it. However, I think having both cops and SWAT complicates things a bit too much. I think it'd be better to just combine the teams into "the Police Force". You could have one sniper, who can be dramatically ordered to "take the shot". One detective leading and speaking for them.

Also, I think a more refined system for hostages is in order. Like some type of points system. For example, the criminals want the ransom, the police want the hostages. I think what you were saying was that the ransom would take the form of a vehicle. I think that could work. I think the criminals should have to specify a certain type of vehicle, and the police have to try and find and bring that vehicle to them.

But onto the points thing. Let's say, for example, that a hostage wins the most by running away and getting into police custody (10 points). If they survive and are rescued by police, they get 5 points. If they are executed or killed in the crossfire, the get nothing. They lose.

The police want first and foremost to rescue all hostages. Recovering the ransom is a secondary objective. The police get 3 points for rescuing an individual hostage. They lose five points for failing to recover the ransom, but only if the ransom comes into play. They lose big time if they recover no hostages and no ransom. But then the criminals could just kill all the hostages to screw the cops over in the end. So to keep that in check....

The criminals want to get away with the biggest ransom. The ransom is worth 20 points. Each hostage they kill or lose early reduces the ransom by three points, meaning they don't want to just slaughter them, but they can part with a hostage or two should they need to keep the police in check. Since the police get points by rescuing hostages, if things go south and the police start storming the place in force and the criminals know that they're screwed, they can start executing hostages to try and fuck over the police.

The idea is that all these motives balance each other out. The hostages just plain want to get out alive, but if they escape early they get extra points (since this gets them out of the line of fire, making it easier on police and guaranteeing the police 3 points). The cops want to ideally coordinate an attack on the area and take out the criminals before they can harm any hostages, though they still get maximum points so long as all hostages are alive and the ransom is recovered. The criminals just want to escape with the ransom, which they get the most of should they not kill any hostages (until the have the ransom that is, by that point it's set).

So this would mean, once again, hostages want to run away. Cops would have to try to come up with a plan they think works. They know that if they storm the place, a lot of hostages could die. However, if the criminals get the ransom to whatever getaway point and the hostages are still with them, the criminals have no incentive to keep them alive and may start killing them off indiscriminately. The criminals on the other hand have to try to keep watch until the ransom arrives and deter the cops from storming the place. They can part with a few hostages, but it's preferable not to until you have the ransom secure. Obviously all the point values and such would have to be adjusted to balance it out, but I think in combination with a carefully tracked leaderboard, this could provide the incentive for the teams to actually do stuff.

A few final touches: To make sure that the criminals are a threat to the hostages, they get pistols and 1 shotgun. The cops get assault weapons and pistols as sidearms. This means that the police can destroy the criminals in open combat, but they can only risk an assault if the hostages are cleared or if they think they can coordinate one well enough to take out the criminals before they start killing hostages. Also, to balance the game out I think police should have an equal number of players as criminals, but hostages should be the biggest team. The cops getting infinite lives idea sounds like a good one to me. Anyway, those are my suggestions to try and minimize the amount of camping that goes on and force the game to have a pulse.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down