Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
GTA4: Life Roleplay - Hardcore (eaustinn's version) Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
GTA4: Life Roleplay - Hardcore (eaustinn's version) Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
GTA4: Life Roleplay - Hardcore (eaustinn's version) Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
GTA4: Life Roleplay - Hardcore (eaustinn's version) Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
GTA4: Life Roleplay - Hardcore (eaustinn's version) Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
GTA4: Life Roleplay - Hardcore (eaustinn's version) Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
GTA4: Life Roleplay - Hardcore (eaustinn's version) Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
GTA4: Life Roleplay - Hardcore (eaustinn's version) Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
GTA4: Life Roleplay - Hardcore (eaustinn's version) Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
GTA4: Life Roleplay - Hardcore (eaustinn's version) Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
GTA4: Life Roleplay - Hardcore (eaustinn's version) Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
GTA4: Life Roleplay - Hardcore (eaustinn's version) Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

GTA4: Life Roleplay - Hardcore (eaustinn's version)

+19
I The Outcast I
killadancer
mattfosho77
kinbumy
DarkSpyda04
sgt zombie23
A Chaotic GOD
AaUndeadMarine
FutureTHE SNOOK
Kush Befor Dusk
DeadApe
. ADestroyer360
NegativeHUNTER
RedrumSalad
snake eyez 89
KZ Powned
Pwnisher James
oO Coggy Oo
eaustinn36
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

GTA4: Life Roleplay - Hardcore (eaustinn's version) Empty GTA4: Life Roleplay - Hardcore (eaustinn's version)

Post  eaustinn36 23rd June 2010, 1:51 pm

Alright. For those that were there, yesterday we had an unofficial (therefore unannounced) life match. Surprisingly though, a new idea came out of it. This is what happened:

The match started off horrible. Roleplaying was at a minimum, and everyone was mindlessly killing. It was then that I cracked down, and unknowing created a new version: HARDCORE Life Roleplay. It was an epic success.

From now on, we will start the match with the original ruleset. If (over the course of the game) I notice sub-par roleplaying, "hardcore mode" will be implemented. This hardcore ruleset is a LAST RESORT, since it limits creative roleplay (you still need to know the rules below though).

The Hardcore rules are as follows:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hardcore Life Roleplay Rules

- All the rules from regular matches still apply, these are just "added" restrictions.
- Everyone starts the game with only 3 lives. Once these lives are used up, you are kicked from the game. As a safeguard, if someone kills you for no reason, a death will count toward them, not you. (for example (using random names): If Deadape jumps off a building and dies, he loses 1 life. However, if Redrumsalad goes crazy and kills Deadape, Redrumsalad loses a life, UNLESS THE KILL WAS JUSTIFIED (like self-defense)). You may notice that this feature "limits" the ability for creative CRIME; that's the point. This "hardcore" version is more roleplaying.
- Everyone starts off in the prison (reason being all of the weapons will be held there). For the purposes of the roleplay, the prison will serve as an arnsonal. When the game starts, you can collect them if you want (I wouldn't recommend it), and then leave the prision.
- Entering the prison or "arsonal" is an automatic 6 STARS (after you leave of course when you spawn), which is not something you want with only 3 lives.
- Since the prison is an arsonal, it will NOT be used as a "prison" in the game. All prisoners will be taken to the other 2 prisons (locations mentioned in the rules).
- Everyone will be held accountable for the car they drive. This means that if I pull you over, and you don't own the vehicle, your under arrest. So basically, don't GTA vehicles.
- So how to legally buy a car you ask? At ALL times in the match (in addition to the police force), there must be at least 1 car dealer (preferably the dealership in alderney) OR 1 taxi driver. Upon buying a car at the dealship, you will legally "own" the vehicle. When someone is pulled over, the LCPD will check with the car dealer to make sure they own the vehicle. So this is where taxi drivers are essential (you don't have to "own" the taxi if this is your profesion). As mentioned in the regular rules, your profession can change over time.
- Since crime should obviously be near zero (with the exception of car accidents or other minor police situations), there is NOT a requirement on the number of LCPD officers. It was 25-50%, now it can be just me. On a full room, 1-5 officers would probably be the norm.

The above rules are not harsh, but more or less force a roleplaying aspect. It also forces people to think more rationally. If your getting pulled over for speeding, instead of running, you might be inclined to just take the ticket. If you are arrested, you might just serve your sentence rather than run. This version encouraged the idea of "jobs"; it will be benifical. You might think this version would be boring, but it was actually very fun; creativity is essential. One thing to note, is if you die 3 times, don't complain. I will remind everyone that they do have 3 lives in the lobby, and if possible give a 1 life warning.

This is NOT a replacement from the regular version. Feel free to post your thoughts below.

EDIT: I recently realized that there may be a problem with setting the spawns to "prison" in TBOGT. For this I will simply select the next best place, which will be decided in the lobby.

Last edited by eaustinn36 on 15th December 2010, 8:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

GTA4: Life Roleplay - Hardcore (eaustinn's version) Empty Re: GTA4: Life Roleplay - Hardcore (eaustinn's version)

Post  oO Coggy Oo 23rd June 2010, 3:02 pm

Sounds much better now you can't just randomly get killed
oO Coggy Oo
oO Coggy Oo
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

GTA4: Life Roleplay - Hardcore (eaustinn's version) Empty Re: GTA4: Life Roleplay - Hardcore (eaustinn's version)

Post  Pwnisher James 23rd June 2010, 3:36 pm

Hopefully people actually decide to roleplay for once rather then going on a murder spree. Looking forward to working the Erotic Car dealership in Alderney. Smile
Pwnisher James
Pwnisher James

Back to top Go down

Post  KZ Powned 23rd June 2010, 4:26 pm

I don't like the idea of the 3 lives then your kicked because it will cause a lot of yelling and "he shot me first, no he shot me first!!" But this will encourage people to role play and not just become frequent terrorists that can do what they will.

Although what happens if you buy a car and it disappears does that mean i have to get a taxi all the way back to the dealership and buy another car?

and how does the money work for buying things

other than that i would love to play
KZ Powned
KZ Powned
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  snake eyez 89 23rd June 2010, 5:07 pm

hardcore sounds hard but very interesting
snake eyez 89
snake eyez 89
Hail to the King Baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 23rd June 2010, 8:55 pm

KZ Powned wrote:I don't like the idea of the 3 lives then your kicked because it will cause a lot of yelling and "he shot me first, no he shot me first!!" But this will encourage people to role play and not just become frequent terrorists that can do what they will.

Although what happens if you buy a car and it disappears does that mean i have to get a taxi all the way back to the dealership and buy another car?

and how does the money work for buying things

other than that i would love to play

1. All accounts of "he shot first" will be taken into consideration carefully. In a worst case scenario, a death will count toward both players. I havn't run into this situation though.

2. Yeah if it disappears unfortunatly you do. However, you could get a ride from a friend (in addition to the taxi). You could also just risk it and steal a vehicle temporarily. Remember, all of the old rules still apply; I won't know the vehicle is stolen until after I pulled you over and checked the plates. So, if you drive normally and don't give me a reason to pull you over, you probably won't get caught (not that I recommend this lol).

3. Again, as in the old rules (still active), there is no money system (see the "rules" for the reasons why). If your going to buy something, it would be treated the same way as a non-hardcore match.

I should also point out (to everyone), that even though there is a "hardcore" version now, do NOT get the impression that you can still mindlessly kill in regular. The rules are still in effect, and you will be kicked if you don't follow them. Both the non-hardcore and hardcore games ARE STILL ROLEPLAYING MATCHES. It just so happens that in some of the recent matches, some people are forgetting the rules.

I know most of you "skim" these large bodies of text, but I still would strongly reccommend to read them carefully and completely.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  RedrumSalad 23rd June 2010, 9:07 pm

eaustinn36 wrote:
I won't know the vehicle is stolen until after I pulled you over and checked the plates.

well, all the cars have the same license plates (LIBERTY CITY) so that might not work, lol
RedrumSalad
RedrumSalad

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 23rd June 2010, 9:09 pm

RedrumSalad wrote:
eaustinn36 wrote:
I won't know the vehicle is stolen until after I pulled you over and checked the plates.

well, all the cars have the same license plates (LIBERTY CITY) so that might not work, lol

You probably get what I mean, but...

NO... it's roleplaying. Each plate is "different" as I see it. I also would ask for the vehicles registration too, and you better believe I would notice that it doesn't match the name on your drivers license.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  NegativeHUNTER 23rd June 2010, 11:34 pm

your a effing genius cant wait 2 play!
NegativeHUNTER
NegativeHUNTER
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  RedrumSalad 24th June 2010, 1:08 am

eaustinn36 wrote:
RedrumSalad wrote:
eaustinn36 wrote:

You probably get what I mean, but...

NO... it's roleplaying. Each plate is "different" as I see it. I also would ask for the vehicles registration too, and you better believe I would notice that it doesn't match the name on your drivers license.

lol, i know, i was jking
RedrumSalad
RedrumSalad

Back to top Go down

Post  . ADestroyer360 24th June 2010, 1:15 am

i'd want to try this hardcore. are you still holding a game this friday?
. ADestroyer360
. ADestroyer360
DM Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 24th June 2010, 3:55 am

On one end this FORCES roleplay. But this isn't necessarily a good thing. This could possibly limit creativity. Then again you probably shouldn't be killing anybody. Sometimes though its all a part of the roleplay. Getting kicked from the game for dying 3 times is pretty brutal too. I die all the time by getting hit by cars and stuff.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  RedrumSalad 24th June 2010, 11:10 am

DeadApe wrote:I die all the time by getting hit by cars and stuff.

thats exactly what happened to me, i joined, tried to run across the street after falling off a ledge that somehow took away 1/4 of my health, and got hit by a car because the AI are too stupid to realize theres somebody in the road until they're 2 feet away!
RedrumSalad
RedrumSalad

Back to top Go down

Post  Pwnisher James 24th June 2010, 11:17 am

Clumsy bastards....

Anyone, Im taking control of the car business for sure. Probably license and registration as well?
Pwnisher James
Pwnisher James

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 24th June 2010, 1:49 pm

DeadApe wrote:On one end this FORCES roleplay. But this isn't necessarily a good thing. This could possibly limit creativity. Then again you probably shouldn't be killing anybody. Sometimes though its all a part of the roleplay. Getting kicked from the game for dying 3 times is pretty brutal too. I die all the time by getting hit by cars and stuff.

That's why it's not a replacement, and a vote will be taken each time. As I said before, I am fully aware that it limits creativity.. in the form of CRIME. Other ideas that don't involve police attention or death are still great.

Originally it was 1 life (realism), but I changed it to 3 because of the reason you just mentioned. However, in the last game where I played this (the unofficial one), I should point out that NOBODY was kicked. Some people had 2 deaths, but noone all three. Just be more careful I guess would be my advice (ex. If you want to get off a building, take the stairs instead of jumping off the roof). I realize the AI drivers in the game are horrible, but then again, it is somewhat realistic. My advice: stay on the sidewalk when walking, and look both ways before you cross.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  RedrumSalad 24th June 2010, 2:38 pm

eaustinn36 wrote: Some people had 2 deaths, but noone all three. Look both ways before you cross

1. except for the end where we were all having that "party" then i went out, came speeding back in and hit everybody with the side of my car, lol. but we were just messing around then.

2. due to GTA's shitty carspawning system, it wouldn't matter if we looked both ways. we look both ways and nobody's coming, then we cross and we get hit because a car spawns when you look the other way. thats how i always get cars when im lost.
RedrumSalad
RedrumSalad

Back to top Go down

Post  Kush Befor Dusk 24th June 2010, 2:41 pm

redrum is right as soon as you look the other way a car will spawn beside you.
Kush Befor Dusk
Kush Befor Dusk
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

GTA4: Life Roleplay - Hardcore (eaustinn's version) Empty im in

Post  FutureTHE SNOOK 24th June 2010, 6:03 pm

So whens the next game? invite/add me
FutureTHE SNOOK
FutureTHE SNOOK
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  AaUndeadMarine 24th June 2010, 7:01 pm

im down,, voting for this tomorrow lol
AaUndeadMarine
AaUndeadMarine

Back to top Go down

Post  Pwnisher James 24th June 2010, 7:14 pm

Im voting for Hardcore as well.
Pwnisher James
Pwnisher James

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 24th June 2010, 7:34 pm

RedrumSalad wrote:
eaustinn36 wrote: Some people had 2 deaths, but noone all three. Look both ways before you cross

1. except for the end where we were all having that "party" then i went out, came speeding back in and hit everybody with the side of my car, lol. but we were just messing around then.

2. due to GTA's shitty carspawning system, it wouldn't matter if we looked both ways. we look both ways and nobody's coming, then we cross and we get hit because a car spawns when you look the other way. thats how i always get cars when im lost.

1. That was after the match ended I believe, or when it was winding down. The vast majority of the time there was no 3 deaths on 1 person. Also to mention, most of the "deaths" were given by the safe guard system (killing others mindlessly). Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think there was a single death that was on the own players accord ("suicide").

2. Traffic will be on medium, so it doesn't look that bad. Even if you are hit, it usually won't kill you (I rarely die because of an AI car). Advice: Look both ways twice, and be extra cautious. I know they are bad, but if your careful, it should not be as bad as your describing it.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  FutureTHE SNOOK 24th June 2010, 7:36 pm

eaustinn36 wrote:
RedrumSalad wrote:

1. That was after the match ended I believe, or when it was winding down. The vast majority of the time there was no 3 deaths on 1 person. Also to mention, most of the "deaths" were given by the safe guard system (killing others mindlessly). Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think there was a single death that was on the own players accord ("suicide").

2. Traffic will be on medium, so it doesn't look that bad. Even if you are hit, it usually won't kill you (I rarely die because of an AI car). Advice: Look both ways twice, and be extra cautious. I know they are bad, but if your careful, it should not be as bad as your describing it.

Hey is the cops and robbers game starting in 3 hours or is it tommorow?
FutureTHE SNOOK
FutureTHE SNOOK
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pwnisher James 24th June 2010, 7:42 pm

Friday at 8:00 eastern time.
Pwnisher James
Pwnisher James

Back to top Go down

Post  FutureTHE SNOOK 24th June 2010, 7:44 pm

Pwnisher James wrote:Friday at 8:00 eastern time.
yeah well im swedish and that mean 3:00 am in sweden
BUT is it today or tomorow?
FutureTHE SNOOK
FutureTHE SNOOK
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pwnisher James 24th June 2010, 7:54 pm

Tommarow for us, I guess it would be Saturday for you?
Pwnisher James
Pwnisher James

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum