Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
UndeadXbox Musicians' Guild? Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
UndeadXbox Musicians' Guild? Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
UndeadXbox Musicians' Guild? Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
UndeadXbox Musicians' Guild? Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
UndeadXbox Musicians' Guild? Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
UndeadXbox Musicians' Guild? Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
UndeadXbox Musicians' Guild? Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
UndeadXbox Musicians' Guild? Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
UndeadXbox Musicians' Guild? Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
UndeadXbox Musicians' Guild? Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
UndeadXbox Musicians' Guild? Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
UndeadXbox Musicians' Guild? Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

UndeadXbox Musicians' Guild?

+24
bremerie93
Masterofkills09
lastcomic
Snake4199
Slacker Hero
bman4782
G00EY LOUIE
Meatshield718
eaustinn36
joecruely
AaUndeadMarine
Made in Finland
ABigSoggy Wafle
BLACK SNOW 13
Masta Shef
DeadApe
B Mane65
Flasktoss55
Garquin
Zomando
Pwnisher James
Bladewind23
A Groovy Tophat
Eaglendia
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

UndeadXbox Musicians' Guild? Empty UndeadXbox Musicians' Guild?

Post  Eaglendia 18th September 2010, 9:16 pm

Yeah. I'm hoping that this will serve as a GD topic for the discussion of instruments and the people among us who play them. Record and share your stuff no matter how good you are or how long you've been playing, or you could just talk a little about your skills, your band, and your screaming female fans.

Me, I've been playing keyboard for as long as I can remember; I've also played the violin for about five years, and I picked up guitar two or three years ago. Piano's my best: here's a poor-quality recording of me playing a personal arrangement of One on my keyboard a few minutes ago (excuse the mistakes >_>).

http://www.divshare.com/download/12591190-c82
Eaglendia
Eaglendia
Squire of Sound

https://www.youtube.com/eaglendia

Back to top Go down

UndeadXbox Musicians' Guild? Empty Re: UndeadXbox Musicians' Guild?

Post  A Groovy Tophat 18th September 2010, 9:25 pm

I've just a couple months ago started learning ( slowly off the internet ) how to play the guitar. I'd record some things ive learned to play but i have nothing to record it on... I soon plan on getting an acoustic guitar too when i save some $ up
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  Bladewind23 18th September 2010, 9:57 pm

Does harmonica count?
Bladewind23
Bladewind23
WarWolf1

Back to top Go down

Post  Pwnisher James 18th September 2010, 10:20 pm

I used to play the bass clarinet a lot, but now Im learning to play guitar.

Oh and Eaglendia, your piece is good. Smile
Pwnisher James
Pwnisher James
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  Zomando 18th September 2010, 10:46 pm

I have 7 guitars in my collection at the moment, and I'm strongly considering selling all of them (amps and other equipment included) and buy an acoustic-electric amplifier, Martin acoustic-electric, and acoustic-electric classical guitar.

My songwriting process has been a steady and positive progression, in my opinion. It all started with the cock-rock inspiration (which is the case for most beginner guitarists). I then got into more metal and instrumental driven bands (Tool, Buckethead, nothing to be exceptionally proud of, but an alright start). Now, I have been more open to genres, and it seems like I have categorized my work into a few projects. Two of which are concept albums [one being a doom metal album about American Indians (heavily inspired by Acid King, Electric Wizard, and the Melvins' Lysol), and the other being a plain, old, dance-punk album (inspired by Death From Above 1979, Selda BaÄŸcan, and 70's instrumental funk)].

I've also been trying to get into electro house music. I was blown away at first, and still to this day, by Ed Banger Records as a whole. The artists on the label, Busy P himself, and the label's overall style. I've been buying DJ equipment with what little money I have, and I'll be creating sets and doing shows as soon as possible.

Last, I've been trying to start up an indie-acoustic-rock project. The project is heavily inspired by Jose Gonzalez, Animal Collective, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Japandroids, and the Ocean itself, so I guess you could call it indie-surf? I dunno. It has a lot of Latin influences as well, while I'm trying to add an electronic overtone. I have one and a half songs recorded, so if I get around to mastering them, you could hear them if you like.

Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

Post  Pwnisher James 18th September 2010, 11:31 pm

Zomando wrote:I have 7 guitars in my collection at the moment, and I'm strongly considering selling all of them (amps and other equipment included) and buy an acoustic-electric amplifier, Martin acoustic-electric, and acoustic-electric classical guitar.

My songwriting process has been a steady and positive progression, in my opinion. It all started with the cock-rock inspiration (which is the case for most beginner guitarists). I then got into more metal and instrumental driven bands (Tool, Buckethead, nothing to be exceptionally proud of, but an alright start). Now, I have been more open to genres, and it seems like I have categorized my work into a few projects. Two of which are concept albums [one being a doom metal album about American Indians (heavily inspired by Acid King, Electric Wizard, and the Melvins' Lysol), and the other being a plain, old, dance-punk album (inspired by Death From Above 1979, Selda BaÄŸcan, and 70's instrumental funk)].

I've also been trying to get into electro house music. I was blown away at first, and still to this day, by Ed Banger Records as a whole. The artists on the label, Busy P himself, and the label's overall style. I've been buying DJ equipment with what little money I have, and I'll be creating sets and doing shows as soon as possible.

Last, I've been trying to start up an indie-acoustic-rock project. The project is heavily inspired by Jose Gonzalez, Animal Collective, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Japandroids, and the Ocean itself, so I guess you could call it indie-surf? I dunno. It has a lot of Latin influences as well, while I'm trying to add an electronic overtone. I have one and a half songs recorded, so if I get around to mastering them, you could hear them if you like.

Wow, for a Toothpic your not so bad. Smile
Pwnisher James
Pwnisher James

Back to top Go down

Post  Garquin 18th September 2010, 11:49 pm

I can play the Banjo

Garquin
Sex Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  Flasktoss55 19th September 2010, 12:21 am

I'm mainly a singer, I'm slowly learning the guitar. Over the past couple of years, I've recorded a ton of little a'capella songs for different purposes. I also occasionally work with FL Studio or, more recently, Ableton Live. In fact, at the moment I'm working on a new EP in Ableton.

I'll post a few examples of my a'capella stuff here for your enjoyment:

Pass the Ramen to Damen
Sweet Tea
Silver DooDahDay
Macedonian Brain
Chi Dancing
MGS3 Theme
Valley of La Biblioteca

And some of my short musical stuff:

Blue Side Too
Narcue Zero
Habituated
Survivacon

Last edited by Flasktoss55 on 19th September 2010, 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Flasktoss55
Flasktoss55
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  B Mane65 19th September 2010, 2:41 am

I don't play any instruments, although I was gonna try drums a few years back but it never happened. And to Eagle, that was a pretty cool music sample, I liked the beginning a lot for some reason.
B Mane65
B Mane65
Guns dont kill zombies, I kill zombies.

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 19th September 2010, 3:33 am

1. This is a great thread.

2. Eagle your an excellent piano player.

3. Good stuff Zomando you should definitely post some stuff so I can check it out. A little bit of everything, you electronic, doom metal, and punk-dance.

4. Flask I'm fuckin speechless right now. Not trying to be on your dick at all right now, your stuff is legitimately awesome. I don't know anyone who does short weird Acapella songs. They were all really interesting and your MGS3 theme was sick. You should ABSOLUTELY do more video game themes PLEASE and post them. Also your songs are even better. I like all of them, I do think that Habituated needs some bass beats towards the end. Please post more whenever. And I'm totally serious about those video game themes.

Ok now to me. Been playing guitar for as long as I can remember but only been serious about it since like 7th grade. Started off with punk and "cock rock" as Zomando put it, then moved on to heavier and heavier stuff as my tastes changed. It was metal, then metalcore, then death metal, now technical death metal. I've been in a couple of bands now, mostly with kids in the neighborhood and friends. Ever since getting into more technical/progressive music its been extremely hard getting a band together. Me and my bassist friend Joe have been looking for people for a while now, and also writing material. To be completely honest our material for our genre is amazing. I definitely feel that we would get signed if we had a full band. Our music is very technical, we mess with retarded timing a lot, and our breakdowns are ridiculous. We just got a drummer on board who is amazing and has tons of hookups, and we also have a singer in mind so its only a matter of time until we get our full band.

We have 2 pretty much finished songs and then a bunch of other songs still in the writing process. I can show you guys the tabs if you download Tabit. Its a program that plays whatever you tab. You can also use it to learn songs because there website archives tons of tabs for lots of bands, from popular to underground. If you play guitar or any other instrument and make music I strongly recommend you download this (or guitar pro but thats a lot more complicated where Tabit is extremely easy to use.) Once you have tabit I can post the tabs so you can see how the songs are played.

For now I am exporting the audio for the tabs. Note that the sounds are all MIDI sounds so thats how its going to sound. But we do play the songs with real instruments. Also the drums have not been tabbed out for most of the stuff, my bassist has put a basic drum skeleton on some of the parts though. The music may sound weird for those not familiar with the genre. Bands also in this genre are Animosity, Veil of Maya, Born of Osiris, After The Burial, Between The Buried and Me, Beneath The Massacre, The Faceless...

Particle Theory & The Mudmen (Newest song, not finished yet, just a beginning.)

Holocoaster (Pretty much finished, missing some minor parts and finishing touches and effects, fade out at ended).)

Look At Your Hand (Not actually named that, currently untitled. Pretty much finished except for minor parts.)

Lots of other small parts but not worth posting here.

Also we should figure out how to create music together over the internet! Me and Zomando on guitars, Eagle on Piano, Flask on vocals!
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Shef 19th September 2010, 4:31 am

COMMENT REMOVED

Last edited by Masta Shef on 19th September 2010, 4:44 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : (COMMENT REMOVED)
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 19th September 2010, 4:33 am

I can so see you doing the Cowboy Bebop Theme "Tank", Flask.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 19th September 2010, 4:35 am

I play the air guitar.
Jk

Ummmm, I played around with some turn tables before.............
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  Flasktoss55 19th September 2010, 5:21 am

DeadApe wrote:
4. Flask I'm fuckin speechless right now. Not trying to be on your dick at all right now, your stuff is legitimately awesome. I don't know anyone who does short weird Acapella songs. They were all really interesting and your MGS3 theme was sick. You should ABSOLUTELY do more video game themes PLEASE and post them. Also your songs are even better. I like all of them, I do think that Habituated needs some bass beats towards the end. Please post more whenever. And I'm totally serious about those video game themes.

UndeadXbox Musicians' Guild? Fishdance

I'm glad you liked my work. A Cowboy Bebop tune called "Tank"? Never heard it myself, but I'll look into it. If there's any video game themes you can think of that you'd like to hear in a'capella... I did the first part of the MGS3 one by request, initially. As for the other songs, I'll post a few more of my library:

A'capella:
Damen Doobop
Last Stand
Machines Are People Too
Nothing Much
Operation is a Go
Shortayayayay

Other Music (One with vocals, too):
Gate is Closed
RIA Theme Song
Snowbear
Transepic

DeadApe wrote:Also we should figure out how to create music together over the internet! Me and Zomando on guitars, Eagle on Piano, Flask on vocals!

Yes.

EDIT: I DO NOT THINK THAT I CAN DO THE WHOLE SONG, "TANK". I WILL ATTEMPT TO DO ABOUT A MINUTE+ OF THE SONG, BUT THE SAX PART ONWARD IS NOT POSSIBLE OMG.
Flasktoss55
Flasktoss55
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 19th September 2010, 5:42 am

Yea that's all I expected anyway, its a long song and your stuff is relatively short so far. I will love you if you do this. Also listening to "gate is closed" while watching the otter .gif is crack.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Flasktoss55 19th September 2010, 5:53 am

DeadApe wrote:Yea that's all I expected anyway, its a long song and your stuff is relatively short so far. I will love you if you do this. Also listening to "gate is closed" while watching the otter .gif is crack.

Well, yeah, what do you think the otter's been dancing to this whole time? We just can't hear it from his end because he's a picture. And I'll have to wait until this ache of in my jaw goes away before I start SPITTING FAT BEATS.
Flasktoss55
Flasktoss55
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 19th September 2010, 10:27 am

I have been playing guitar for, pretty much, 4+ years. Thats pretty much all there is to it. I play covers of mostly System of a Down songs due to the different tempo styles that can be thrown in and I just love SoaD anyway. Other than that, though, I just play improv and along with songs. My music theory is as deep as an empty kiddy pool. I just simply play guitar. No real goal, just to try and be better to satisfy my own needs.
Not sure if I am any help to anything. I just kind of fell into this thread.
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 19th September 2010, 10:40 am

I don't play anything yet, but I've always wanted to learn piano and bass...
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  AaUndeadMarine 19th September 2010, 4:31 pm

what do you suggest for someone like me to learn how to play guitar??
My mom will not let me get lessons from teachers and what not simply because she says she can't afford it right now. I have an acoustic guitar, don't know the brand or anything. but how can someone like me learn and get better?? youtube??
AaUndeadMarine
AaUndeadMarine

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 19th September 2010, 4:54 pm

Learn how to read tablature. Then learn easy songs off the internet to start.

www.ultimate-guitar.com for your tabs. Use the search feature.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 19th September 2010, 5:43 pm

I learnt to read tabs in like 2 seconds. It's pretty common sense.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  joecruely 19th September 2010, 6:37 pm

I used to play the drums when I lived in washington but then my dad threw them out when we moved to oregon
joecruely
joecruely
I don't miss.

Back to top Go down

Post  AaUndeadMarine 19th September 2010, 6:39 pm

how do I go about learning tabs... so many entries in that website. were do I start :S
AaUndeadMarine
AaUndeadMarine

Back to top Go down

Post  Zomando 19th September 2010, 7:25 pm

AaUndeadMarine wrote:how do I go about learning tabs... so many entries in that website. were do I start :S

search for a song you like, and read the fucking tab.
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 19th September 2010, 7:51 pm

Used to play Piano a good 6-7 years ago, then stopped. Idk, but i'm not really a music person I guess. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy listening to it (well, my genre at least), but I don't really get enjoyment out of creating it. I'm a man of science.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next