Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
All bout america - Page 15 Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
All bout america - Page 15 Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
All bout america - Page 15 Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
All bout america - Page 15 Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
All bout america - Page 15 Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
All bout america - Page 15 Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
All bout america - Page 15 Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
All bout america - Page 15 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
All bout america - Page 15 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
All bout america - Page 15 Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
All bout america - Page 15 Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
All bout america - Page 15 Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

All bout america

+40
snowwolf1996
Cloakey100
WestHybrid 360
eegleindia
FoundDa Kiwi
Garquin
bman4782
Mattiicus
SlashmanG
Desert Sleepy
Sir Manguydude
Cazio117
Viperous Slayer
DeadApe
ApocalypseVVolf.
RedrumSalad
zombie dude
Black Eyes
sgt zombie23
A Groovy Tophat
Jagdgeschwader
Super Mega King
T REDD262
Cry Vengeance
BAXTABEAST22
Made in Finland
Slacker Hero
mboddz751
steveeeee
Bladewind23
eaustinn36
. ADestroyer360
ABigSoggy Wafle
Masta Shef
Meatshield718
BLACK SNOW 13
andrew
KZ Powned
Vicious Fox
unshapedskills
44 posters

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

All bout america - Page 15 Empty Re: All bout america

Post  mboddz751 6th April 2011, 9:10 pm

Jagdgeschwader wrote:
Again, by your example we might as well legalize all controlled substances since that would end the cartel right? No more business for them and the genocide stops!

That's not how things work my friend. And I will associate the violence with these drugs because that's what they cause. Directly or indirectly.

.................we are not talking about other substances (those are waaaaay worse then other drugs) lol. Keep it weed related please!

AND IT CAUSES VIOLENCE BECAUSE IT IS CURRENTLY RUN BY CRIMINALS. please refer to my older posts
mboddz751
mboddz751
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Vicious Fox 6th April 2011, 9:18 pm

<-----

|
|
\/

Explain america yet ?
Vicious Fox
Vicious Fox
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 6th April 2011, 9:23 pm

Alright, i'm going to be honest. I had a very long (the usual) post typed out, and my comp crapped out on me, and I lost it. Frusteration aside, on the bright side, most of my points have already been addressed, although my response addressing each of your posts was lost (but honestly, you guys could of figured out what I would've said anyways).

I will leave with this link to an article study that came out today though (was included in the long post). I won't explain how it connects again, but interpret it for yourself:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/06/us-drugs-study-idUSTRE7355PT20110406
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 6th April 2011, 9:25 pm

mboddz751 wrote:
Jagdgeschwader wrote:
Again, by your example we might as well legalize all controlled substances since that would end the cartel right? No more business for them and the genocide stops!

That's not how things work my friend. And I will associate the violence with these drugs because that's what they cause. Directly or indirectly.

.................we are not talking about other substances (those are waaaaay worse then other drugs) lol. Keep it weed related please!

AND IT CAUSES VIOLENCE BECAUSE IT IS CURRENTLY RUN BY CRIMINALS. please refer to my older posts

I'm sorry you're not catching the point at all. Your marijuana purchase is connected to sale of other drugs. They are all connected. That's why I'm generally for banning tobacco as well. Even if marijuana is legalized, it still is a gateway drug to progressively worse drugs. You might as well legalize them all! That way, you don't injure cartels, you get rid of them!

Oh wait a minute, they smuggle people in to.
Let's just get rid of everything and be EARTH. A nation of one!!!!

Masta Shef wrote:It's pretty black & white to me. If you want to smoke, smoke. It's your choice just like it is to do anything. The same laws applying to alcohol/cigarettes should apply to marijuana, i.e. drinking and driving, no smoking within x amount of feet/yards of a public building.

Mexico on the other hand is like I said, a shithole. Especially within the last 5 or so years. The crime is so out of hand that their military has to do the job of the law enforcement. If you pay any attention to gun news too you probably also know that they blame the U.S. for all of their gun crime. So contrary to what you say the Mexican government is not "responsible".

P.S. Jag, find where I said that if marijuana was legalized that drug cartels would be involved.

Sure, if you want to smoke, go ahead. I don't care what you do in your house or to yourself. But when you start contributing to other people that have nothing to do with this being injured and killed, then that's a problem. This is what I've been saying the entire time.

Mexico is in trouble and they're on their last line of defense. They don't have such a prosperous country such as we do and don't get to have the privilege of living safe lives.
Yes I'm aware they blame us for their gun crime. Which just shows me they're desperate. But if we were in that situation, we'd probably be throwing out accusations everywhere as well. Luckily, we're not.

Last edited by Jagdgeschwader on 6th April 2011, 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 6th April 2011, 9:43 pm

Brotip: Legalize or not shit is gonna be the same. If its legalize here it might get tax like cigarettes are right now and the price of marijuana will continue to go up due to taxes.

Like people do here for cigarettes, get it from across the border because it is cheaper. Cartels are just going to keep their prices down and keep getting money so they can kill and carbomb one another. So legalization sounds logical there is only going to be short-term damage.
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 6th April 2011, 9:45 pm

Now you're catching it.

The southern border is the first and last line of defense to stopping these drug runners and personnel smugglers which is a poison to our society. (NOT LEGAL IMMIGRANTS) If we're going to stand up to our ideals and values, in an ideal position economically I would be for enforcing border security ten fold and assisting Mexico with this plague.

The only people I can imagine being against it would be the people getting their drugs from these people.
Also, read post again since I added to it.

And Black Snow, there's always going to be underground operations. That doesn't mean we shouldn't commit our best efforts to eradicating it.

EDIT: Shef erased his post or something, I don't see it anymore.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 6th April 2011, 9:58 pm

Jagdgeschwader wrote:If we're going to stand up to our ideals and values, in an ideal position economically I would be for enforcing border security ten fold and assisting Mexico with this plague.
Mexico has been asking for help we gave it to them. We have send drones deep into Mexico and found import information. There has been talk (in my town) of plans to put tanks on the border. We do include some military involvement from near by bases to help patrol the border.

We also lost an ICE agent and the other barely survived.
Also many U.S. lives were lost...
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Shef 6th April 2011, 10:04 pm

Jagdgeschwader wrote:

I was making fun of how repetitive and off topic you were/are making this, but I erased it cuz I figure nobody on UX understands my sarcasm and would reply to it as if it was serious.
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 6th April 2011, 10:15 pm

More like sarcasm on the internet always fails.

I don't know how well you understand debates but an argument is crippled if it's limited to only the very base subject. You're just oblivious if you don't think these cartels have a very large part of drug trafficking in this country which is where you get your marijuana. (Relatively speaking.)

Black Snow than you should know exactly what I'm talking about. Also I'm talking NATO support on a large scale.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Shef 6th April 2011, 10:35 pm

I typed something up but I just deleted it. I'm at a loss for words about how ignorant you are.
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  steveeeee 6th April 2011, 11:42 pm

Jagdgeschwader wrote:Now you're catching it.

The southern border is the first and last line of defense to stopping these drug runners and personnel smugglers which is a poison to our society. (NOT LEGAL IMMIGRANTS) If we're going to stand up to our ideals and values, in an ideal position economically I would be for enforcing border security ten fold and assisting Mexico with this plague.

The only people I can imagine being against it would be the people getting their drugs from these people.
Also, read post again since I added to it.

And Black Snow, there's always going to be underground operations. That doesn't mean we shouldn't commit our best efforts to eradicating it.

i bet you voted for George bush

but seriously stop beating around the bush, you say not to legalize it but then you say that the cartels won't stop selling it and committing crimes, how do we fix this? fight an endless war and spend billions while the us is already spending that much on military expenses? why bother trying so hard to get rid of marijuana and just giving the "cartels" a reason to fight for it, when we could use the money ourselves? if it was made legal, the fucking cartels would be slowed down dramatically. but you won't listen to anyone elses ideas. its not the cartels, its us, we're the ones buying it from them because its illegal to grow in america..
steveeeee
steveeeee
Hail to the King Baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 7th April 2011, 12:56 am

I would vote for bush. Both times.

But steveeee your wrong. The prices here for marijuana would be increased here in the U.S. Yeah its legal but the price might just drive people back to buying from the cartel who will eventually realize they can lower there price and still make money. Like I said earlier: Legalize or not, the Cartel is still going to find a way to make money.
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew 7th April 2011, 1:24 am

Lets keep it friendly and not get in each others face about this. It's a friendly debate. Just express your opinion and keep in mind that no matter what you say/do on this topic will change anything in the slightest.
andrew
andrew
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 7th April 2011, 11:20 am

Jagdgeschwader wrote:
Made in Finland wrote:And as far as I know, the lung-related diseases marijuana cause are just because you're inhaling smoke.

This goes the same for tobacco. Smoking it is what causes lung cancer. Tobacco itself won't give you cancer, but all of the additives will and so will the smoke it makes.
wat?

That's just retarded. Cigarettes are packed with dangerous chemicals (in order to make the nicotine absorb better, since the amount of nicotine is restricted by law). Marijuana is just a plant.

Natural grown tobacco plants and marijuana plants have the same effect on your lungs. Cigarettes are far more worse.

Meatshield718 wrote:Also, you wouldn't want to smoke a joint if you are having trouble with cancer. THC has shown some cancer fighting properties, but it would be medically applied outside of the actual plant, rather than smoking it. The reason why it could be used to stop cancer is because it can kill off weak or dysfunctional cells that could become cancerous. It is no cure for a cancerous cell.
That's exactly what I've been saying. :|I already mentioned that the THC can be extracted from the plant and it can be administered without smoking anything. And I never said it'll cure cancer, I said it kills cancer cells. So it can kill early cancer or kill the cells before you get a cancer at all. There's no acute cure for cancer yet.

_____

And as for the drug cartels, their biggest income is from marijuana. Legalizing marijuana would mean there's no reason to buy it from the cartel, crippling them financially.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 7th April 2011, 3:24 pm

Going back to jag's point a while ago, I think he is trying to say more: We wouldn't have a cartel problem in the first place if we didn't have so many Americans (and as mentioned in that article I posted, teens) addicted to the cursed thing. This is what I call thinking outside the box. Oh no! The cartel is being violent to sell drugs accross the border! Arguement 1: Legalize weed so crime will go down (in respect to the cartel), crippling them financially. Option 2: The US gets off the drug(s), cartel dies off (noone wants to buy anymore), and healthcare costs plumet. Oh course, this would never happen, since to many people love the crap so much.

The difference between me and others that support legalization is that I reluctantly support it. Since the ideal situation is no longer realistic, we'll have to go with the nex best thing. It's what's right vs. what works (I think I said this before). Legalizing weed is imo completely wrong and a backwards move, but, we need the money in the US, and much of America is hooked. At this point, it isn't "how are we going to break Americas drug addiction problem?", but rather just "who is going to be the one selling it". The cartel or us? Might as well be us, but either way, it is either a bad choice or a worse choice.

And to address one point: Yes cigarettes are worse for you, but that doesn't mean marijuana is golden. It is still bad on your lungs, and the fact that it can be used to kill cancer cells, when the weed itself gave you cancer in the first place, is just such a backward way of thinking it's not even funny. Just an excuse for users to just keep using, that's how I see it.

(sorry if parts of this post are repetitive; I can't remember what got deleted with the 2nd post, and what didn't)
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 7th April 2011, 3:33 pm

eaustinn36 wrote:And to address one point: Yes cigarettes are worse for you, but that doesn't mean marijuana is golden. It is still bad on your lungs, and the fact that it can be used to kill cancer cells, when the weed itself gave you cancer in the first place, is just such a backward way of thinking it's not even funny. Just an excuse for users to just keep using, that's how I see it.

You anger me....
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 7th April 2011, 3:35 pm

Tophat 44 wrote:
eaustinn36 wrote:And to address one point: Yes cigarettes are worse for you, but that doesn't mean marijuana is golden. It is still bad on your lungs, and the fact that it can be used to kill cancer cells, when the weed itself gave you cancer in the first place, is just such a backward way of thinking it's not even funny. Just an excuse for users to just keep using, that's how I see it.

You anger me....

Why?
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 7th April 2011, 3:43 pm

Tophat 44 wrote:You anger me....

Explain please. This is a debate after all, and one sentence doesn't really help much.

(keep your points organized though, this is a respectable debate. There will be no trolling, flaming, insulting, or degading any members beyond political arguements)
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  mboddz751 7th April 2011, 3:52 pm

there hasn't been a single confirmed case of cancer caused by weed austinn...................

btw why do you hate it so much that you refer to it as the accursed thing?
mboddz751
mboddz751
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew 7th April 2011, 3:52 pm

Does anyone remember the candy cigarettes made out of sugar? Or the gum that was wrapped in paper that looked like a cigarette? Sorry, slightly off topic.

Edit response to mboddz: When I smoked I understood it was unhealthy, I didn't rationalize against it. Although it definitely isn't "accursed". ITS NOT THAT BAD. Yeah its smoke, yeah its not supposed to be in your body, yeah if you over use it, its going to impact your health. Occasional use won't kill you though. Besides, who wants to live to be like 100 anyway, all you do is shit your pants and write memoirs.
andrew
andrew
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Shef 7th April 2011, 4:43 pm

Yea, I like bubble gum cigars, they make me feel like Bender.

All bout america - Page 15 Bender-smoking
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 7th April 2011, 4:57 pm

eaustinn36 wrote:The difference between me and others that support legalization is that I reluctantly support it. Since the ideal situation is no longer realistic, we'll have to go with the nex best thing. It's what's right vs. what works (I think I said this before).
Respect for that. I don't think people understand how hard thinking like that can be. Sometimes you just have to accept the fact that the ideal situation is impossible to achieve, or at least would be too hard and expensive to accomplish.

Anyway yeah, this discussion is going in circles. The whole cartel thing should be discussed further, but I think we're done with health effects? Bottom line being, weed is unhealthy, but not too unhealthy to be legalized.
andr_00_ew wrote:Does anyone remember the candy cigarettes made out of sugar? Or the gum that was wrapped in paper that looked like a cigarette? Sorry, slightly off topic.
No, but we had chocolate cigarettes. They came in a pack, which was a little smaller than a regular cigarette pack is, and they were slightly smaller than the real thing. It was just chocolate sticks wrapped in paper that looked like a cigarette (orange filter section etc.).

They were banned, for having a bad influence on children and making them want to smoke real cigarettes in the future. Didn't really mind that part, but what pissed me off (and every other Finn too) was that the Licorice Pipe was supposed to be banned too. None of you probably know about them, but it's a traditional candy since, I dunno, the pre-WWII? Everyone was against it, so it wasn't banned, while chocolate cigarettes were. It sounds stupid, but it's a tradition and I'm happy it wasn't banned.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 7th April 2011, 6:03 pm

@Mboddz - Hmmm... not buying it. No way inhaling that kind of smoke is not cancerous. I think it's about time I looked into this more....

Oh wait a minute! It appears your sources are outdated. I knew that kind of counter-logic didn't make sense. So, it weed cancerous? How about yes.

Article Jan 19th, 2011: http://lungcancer.about.com/od/causesoflungcance1/f/marijuana.htm

Let's keep going...

Article 2: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/06/090615095940.htm

And here's an article from 2 months ago: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-teenage-mind/201102/does-marijuana-cause-cancer

Should I keep going?

To be fair, I looks at some articles saying the opposite.. then I looked at the dates: all outdated.

I rest my case.

Last edited by eaustinn36 on 7th April 2011, 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 7th April 2011, 6:17 pm

Hmmm, I'm not sure to who you're referring with that post?

But if it's to me, about weed's health effects, then here's my current bottom line: I know the smoke marijuana produces is dangerous, and I've not said it's the smoke that cured anything, quite the contrary. THC is the substance which has good health effects, everything else about marijuana is either neutral or dangerous. THC can be extracted from marijuana, and administered without smoking anything.

So yeah, smoking marijuana isn't really going to cure anything because it's more toxic than healthy (unless you have Alzheimer, or HIV, or other already severe medical condition that needs a less-dangerous toxin to be treated). There's really no positive effects on civil usage either.

Thanks for this discussion, it has changed my points of view a little, but I really think it's over now, or what say you?
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  steveeeee 7th April 2011, 6:26 pm

http://marijuanavaporizer.com/vaporizer-benefits.html

theres that ^ and all the shit you can put THC into

brownies
cookies
gum
lip balm
water
candy

that way no smoke enters your lungs and that pretty much takes away the carcinogens or "cancer causing" chemicals or whatever and lowers the health risk dramatically

steveeeee
steveeeee
Hail to the King Baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next