Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
All bout america - Page 17 Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
All bout america - Page 17 Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
All bout america - Page 17 Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
All bout america - Page 17 Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
All bout america - Page 17 Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
All bout america - Page 17 Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
All bout america - Page 17 Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
All bout america - Page 17 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
All bout america - Page 17 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
All bout america - Page 17 Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
All bout america - Page 17 Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
All bout america - Page 17 Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

All bout america

+40
snowwolf1996
Cloakey100
WestHybrid 360
eegleindia
FoundDa Kiwi
Garquin
bman4782
Mattiicus
SlashmanG
Desert Sleepy
Sir Manguydude
Cazio117
Viperous Slayer
DeadApe
ApocalypseVVolf.
RedrumSalad
zombie dude
Black Eyes
sgt zombie23
A Groovy Tophat
Jagdgeschwader
Super Mega King
T REDD262
Cry Vengeance
BAXTABEAST22
Made in Finland
Slacker Hero
mboddz751
steveeeee
Bladewind23
eaustinn36
. ADestroyer360
ABigSoggy Wafle
Masta Shef
Meatshield718
BLACK SNOW 13
andrew
KZ Powned
Vicious Fox
unshapedskills
44 posters

Page 17 of 28 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 28  Next

Go down

All bout america - Page 17 Empty Re: All bout america

Post  KZ Powned 12th April 2011, 12:39 am

This is wrong and put me off my bacon for a bit

but i am not going to give up meat, im sorry

as for the video this is just an extream example of what happens in some of these slaughter houses

and im sorry but it is not proper practice to punch a baby cow to death with you fist's

they really should be finding a better way to process meat so that the animals are not treated so brutally

and btw

FUCK VEGANS, to me the message of the video was completely ruined
KZ Powned
KZ Powned
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 12th April 2011, 1:18 am

This is why you buy local, people. (If it's available).

Yeah, slaughter houses are disgusting, but the stuff in the video is a tad illegal, and not representative of what is being done in most cases.
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 12th April 2011, 1:35 am

andr_00_ew wrote:What's wrong with being a person that eats meat?

edit: watched the video, definitely should not be doing that stuff to animals, but I still don't think it's wrong to eat them. But doing what the video showed is at a lack of better words, fucked up. Definitely glad I'm not going to work at a place like that Neutral
Well there isn't anything wrong with it. I practically eat nothing but it. I was just responding to the "Didn't watch the video, and I LOVE MEAT" or something rather. It just sounded a bit ignorant.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew 12th April 2011, 7:03 pm

I read the posts and was not in the mood to watch something disgusting, also stated that I loved eating meat. Also, even if I, the meat eater, stopped eating meat, animals would still get slaughtered. So don't just attack me for being honest. Hopefully meatshield is right and that isn't the common treatment.

Edit in response to Kz: Most vegans I met were assholes to me because I am a animal killer apparently. They seem nicer to animals then PEOPLE
andrew
andrew
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 12th April 2011, 8:43 pm

Not arguing you should stop eating meat because I think that's a pointless cause in itself, I was just inferring that your sudden stance to a side without watching what was at hand and then commenting was a little bit rushed. Meatshield is right, the place I worked at not too long ago this kind of stuff was unspeakable. We'd have animal rights groups all up our asses if we did that.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 12th April 2011, 9:42 pm

Andrew, the very definition of ignorance is ignoring evidence of the other side (the video) in order to preserve your own belief.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Cry Vengeance 12th April 2011, 9:44 pm

That isn't the definition though, Ignorance is just basically not know something or to lack the knowledge of something.

What you described sounds more like being stubborn.

(Just to be fair, I don't actually know what you folks are talking about. Heh, irony.)
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

http://www.undead-xbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew 12th April 2011, 9:50 pm

I don't see the problem here, all I said was that I didn't watch the video, and I like meat .... I never said that brutality against animals is right. It would be ignorant If I was going to say something to contradict the video without even watching it first.

Also a post later I did end up watching the video, as I said in it

edit: you guys are acting as if I did say something bad
andrew
andrew
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 12th April 2011, 10:46 pm

Cry Vengeance wrote:That isn't the definition though, Ignorance is just basically not know something or to lack the knowledge of something.

(Just to be fair, I don't actually know what you folks are talking about. Heh, irony.)

Ignorance is willingly ignoring the possibility of knowledge, correct? By extension, ignorance would be willingly ignoring the other side. which is what I described

In some cases, stubbornness is ignorance.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 12th April 2011, 11:20 pm

And in others, it's bliss... What is this conversation about again?
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Shef 12th April 2011, 11:25 pm

Super Mega King wrote:Ignorance is willingly ignoring the possibility of knowledge, correct? By extension, ignorance would be willingly ignoring the other side. which is what I described

This is everyone giving a fuck...

Reference the first 10 seconds of this video:
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Viperous Slayer 13th April 2011, 2:12 pm

Super Mega King wrote:
Cry Vengeance wrote:That isn't the definition though, Ignorance is just basically not know something or to lack the knowledge of something.

Ignorance is willingly ignoring the possibility of knowledge, correct? By extension, ignorance would be willingly ignoring the other side. which is what I described

Ignorance is not willingly ignoring information. Ignorance as derived from the dictionary is..

–adjective
1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
3.uninformed; unaware.
4.due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

It says nothing about "willing to ignore information".This being said what you mean to say is that, whoever you are talking about, is CHOOSING to be ignorant, instead of being called ignorant in the sense that you stated the meaning of the word is "choosing to be uninformed" when it just means uninformed.
Viperous Slayer
Viperous Slayer
Hipshot Honcho

Back to top Go down

Post  steveeeee 13th April 2011, 11:47 pm

if i was president i would let everyone out of jail, sell guns at grocery stores and make every sort of drug legal
steveeeee
steveeeee
Hail to the King Baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 13th April 2011, 11:57 pm

steveeee wrote:if i was president i would let everyone out of jail, sell guns at grocery stores and make every sort of drug legal
Until big business stepped in and placed your nuts on the piping hot, yet increasingly disgusting McDonald's grill.

And once again, why does it matter if Super used the term incorrectly? I am sure you can find various other examples of not completely thought out sentence structures, grammar, and what have you. This forwards the argument as much as the mother from 'The Room' forwards the plot. Can we please get rid of the English lesson, accept that Super meant the use of the word differently, and continue to rub the, already beaten, subject further into a pit of salt and razors?
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 14th April 2011, 12:25 am

The definition I used was a separate definition I obtained from Maya Angelou's I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings in which she stresses that ignorance is the lack of knowledge despite the ability to attain said knowledge while illiteracy is the lack of knowledge without the means to obtain said knowledge.

That being said, I will concede that the definition I used is not the accepted definition, but will posit that Andrew was still being ignorant.

And I'm really not sure why any of this matters or why this was a matter that needed to be disputed.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Viperous Slayer 14th April 2011, 1:50 am

Super Mega King wrote:

If it didnt matter then why debate it with Cry in the first place since all he was doing was stating the true definition? You were the one to start the "dispute" on the definition in the first place.

Also, if you are debating something based off of a definition you derived from a piece of literature in contrast to what it really means to most people as read in the dictionary..then why not state that before you present yourself as believing the definition is "willingly ignoring the possibility of knowledge."
Viperous Slayer
Viperous Slayer
Hipshot Honcho

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 14th April 2011, 2:43 am

Viperous Slayer wrote:
Super Mega King wrote:

If it didnt matter then why debate it with Cry in the first place since all he was doing was stating the true definition? You were the one to start the "dispute" on the definition in the first place.

Also, if you are debating something based off of a definition you derived from a piece of literature in contrast to what it really means to most people as read in the dictionary..then why not state that before you present yourself as believing the definition is "willingly ignoring the possibility of knowledge."

Hes right....
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  Cry Vengeance 14th April 2011, 2:49 am

I wasn't intending on starting an argument, so that can stop now. I just don't think of SMK as the sort of guy to use a word out of context, especially since he was making a point with Andrew.

So yeah, moving on.
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 14th April 2011, 3:24 am

Cry Vengeance wrote:I wasn't intending on starting an argument, so that can stop now.
You mad? Also im pretty sure he ment SMK not you...
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 14th April 2011, 10:45 am

Viper: I disputed it in the first place because I assumed that my definition was the norm as that was the way that I have always been taught that ignorance is used; generally, I've learned, ignorance is used in negative connotation to those that have the ability to obtain knowledge yet choose not to. That is to say, "An ignorant politician refuses to acknowledge the rival political party's argument." I was incorrect in saying that "the very definition of..." I apologize for, as Cry said, using the word out of context.

Tophat 44 wrote:
Cry Vengeance wrote:I wasn't intending on starting an argument, so that can stop now.
You mad? Also im pretty sure he ment SMK not you...

Reading comprehension, Tophat. Obviously, Viper was addressing me but Cry wanted argument to stop as a whole. I have admitted that I was incorrect and, unless anyone wants to get a final word in, I don't think there's anything left to be said.

New topic:

Pledge of Allegiance. I got an assignment today to write a paper with a topic sentence that: "The Pledge of Allegiance is a GREAT concept but..."

I mean, the first thing that comes to my mind is the "under God" phrase that sort of goes against the whole "separation of church and state"
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 14th April 2011, 11:20 am

Lol guys... a little off topic with the definition debate wouldn't you say?

Anyways, starting a new topic now, it seems we have discussed many things, but there are a couple topics left I can think of that we just "touched" on, but didn't go into.

1. Healthcare. Do you think our current system works? Do you think it needs reform? What is you position on Universal Healthcare? Why? What about medical research? Do we spend too much.. or too little? etc...

2. Energy. This is often linked to the environment, but I think we hit that already. As for energy though: What "source(s)" are the answer? Are we in an energy crisis now like the latter half of the 20th century? What would you "ideal power grid breakdown" look like? (ex. 4% solar, 40% coal, 30% nuclear, etc..). Pros and cons to your choices? etc....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for me (i'm not trying to shove aside SMK's new topic), I have never really liked the "pledge". Never really said it half the time in grade school tbh, just hummed while the people next to me "covered". To be it is just pledging blind loyalty to a country... then again, it is our duty? As for the "under God" thing, yes, it does have a religious factor in it, and I think it has been debated on for awhile now on whether or not to "take it out". I personally am neutral on it. Haven't been "forced" to say the pledge for years now.

Last edited by eaustinn36 on 14th April 2011, 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  Cry Vengeance 14th April 2011, 11:59 am

(Tophat, "You mad" doesn't even apply there, also I started that entire conversation, so maybe you should read a bit more.)

I've always thought the controversy over the whole "Under God" debate was just silly and reserved for middle aged, middle class soccer moms with nothing else to do but complain about risqué literature and bitch about how society is having a harmful influence on their kids.

I mean, it's "Under God", which is general enough to cover every religion (It doesn't say "Under Jesus" or "Under Allah" etc.) I just never understood on why, for the entire pledge, people home in on that specific part just because it mentions God. It's not even the focus of the damn thing, it's supposed to be a bit more patriotic, but then again it was written back in a time when people actually cared.
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 14th April 2011, 1:04 pm

Actually, Cry, that "Under God" was not added until 1954 (the Pledge was written in 1892). I can't help but ask why it was added at all. I don't exactly disagree with you, but I'd say that the fact that it mentions religion at all is the problem. Separation of church and state, anyway. Besides, as I'm reading in this wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_Pledge_of_Allegiance), some say it apparently violates the first amendment.

Other criticism for it arises from blindly following the flag, etc. On the same wikipedia article as above, it states that Michael Moore provided an alternative that I sort of like better.

I pledge allegiance to the people of the United States of America, and to the republic, for which we stand, one nation, part of one world, with liberty and justice for all.

to austin: I'm not so versed on the energy crisis to have any incredibly intelligent words there, but I feel as if Universal Healthcare is the way to go.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Cry Vengeance 14th April 2011, 1:26 pm

I didn't mention a date specifically so I didn't get a "Actually" response. Anyways, like I said, I just think it's more important to focus on what the pledge means or was supposed to mean rather than people homing in on the one "controversial" part of it.
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 14th April 2011, 4:43 pm

I was simply making a point that the "Under God" was ADDED.

Which really seems weird to me.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 28 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 28  Next