Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Microsoft has released the launch trailer for Xbox 360 version of Minecraft. - Page 2 Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Microsoft has released the launch trailer for Xbox 360 version of Minecraft. - Page 2 Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Microsoft has released the launch trailer for Xbox 360 version of Minecraft. - Page 2 Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Microsoft has released the launch trailer for Xbox 360 version of Minecraft. - Page 2 Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Microsoft has released the launch trailer for Xbox 360 version of Minecraft. - Page 2 Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Microsoft has released the launch trailer for Xbox 360 version of Minecraft. - Page 2 Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Microsoft has released the launch trailer for Xbox 360 version of Minecraft. - Page 2 Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Microsoft has released the launch trailer for Xbox 360 version of Minecraft. - Page 2 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Microsoft has released the launch trailer for Xbox 360 version of Minecraft. - Page 2 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Microsoft has released the launch trailer for Xbox 360 version of Minecraft. - Page 2 Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Microsoft has released the launch trailer for Xbox 360 version of Minecraft. - Page 2 Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Microsoft has released the launch trailer for Xbox 360 version of Minecraft. - Page 2 Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Microsoft has released the launch trailer for Xbox 360 version of Minecraft.

+16
El Mexi Can 915
Slacker Hero
Garquin
Vicious Fox
A Groovy Tophat
The BS Gamer
Super Mega King
Jakekola
Flasktoss55
ApocalypseVVolf.
Desert Sleepy
FoundDa Kiwi
VrAzZLe Meister
. ADestroyer360
sgt zombie23
NegativeHUNTER
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Microsoft has released the launch trailer for Xbox 360 version of Minecraft. - Page 2 Empty Re: Microsoft has released the launch trailer for Xbox 360 version of Minecraft.

Post  A Groovy Tophat 7th May 2012, 1:48 pm

Project V wrote:
sgt zombie23 wrote:BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH! I don't care what people say. I'm willing to spend 20$ just so i don't have to get up to my computer to play minecraft.

This^ and some of the people I talk to on Xbox don't have it for PC so i will just get it unless the walking dead comes out that shit is better.

Only shit thing about this that you can't change your guys skin

Im with sgt on this. I have no probem buying it on xbox even though i already have it for pc. I want to be able to play with my friends who cant run it on pc. Also, party chat while i play.
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Microsoft has released the launch trailer for Xbox 360 version of Minecraft. - Page 2 Empty Re: Microsoft has released the launch trailer for Xbox 360 version of Minecraft.

Post  Garquin 7th May 2012, 2:54 pm

Tophat 44 wrote:
Project V wrote:
sgt zombie23 wrote:BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH! I don't care what people say. I'm willing to spend 20$ just so i don't have to get up to my computer to play minecraft.

This^ and some of the people I talk to on Xbox don't have it for PC so i will just get it unless the walking dead comes out that shit is better.

Only shit thing about this that you can't change your guys skin

Im with sgt on this. I have no probem buying it on xbox even though i already have it for pc. I want to be able to play with my friends who cant run it on pc. Also, party chat while i play.

Garquin
Sex Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  Slacker Hero 10th May 2012, 12:54 pm

No mods
No skins
No texture packs
limited to 1024 by 1024 blocks because 360 has only 516mb of ram
Outdated as fuck
Ported by a different company, not even Mojang
No hunger
No enchanting
8 players max
No constant updates
No mods
No mods
No mods
No mods
No mods
No mods
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

Post  El Mexi Can 915 10th May 2012, 2:53 pm

Slacker Hero wrote:No mods
No skins
No texture packs
Outdated as fuck
No hunger
No enchanting
8 players max
No constant updates
No mods
No mods
No mods
No mods
No mods
No mods
It should get updated very quickly but I don't want it because the map size limit
El Mexi Can 915
El Mexi Can 915
R.I.P Magicman

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 10th May 2012, 3:53 pm

No skins
No texture packs
Outdated as fuck
No hunger
No enchanting
8 players max
No constant updates
No mods

No mods isn't a big deal for me, since I don't really play mods anyway. Anyone who wants mods can always get it on the computer. As for 8 players max and the map size limit, that doesn't matter very much due to it being split screen (and going of alone in split screen is a bit against the point). No skins and no texture packs isn't really that big of a deal (neither effect how the game is played).
I don't see what the problem with it being ported by a different company is, it's not like I care about it being made by Mojang.

But on the hunger thing, hallelujah. I don't like the incredibly slow healing all that much, or constantly having to eat in the middle of building so I don't get killed the next time I'm attacked by more than one enemy.

It basically seems like there's a ton of small to medium problems that don't necessarily matter to all people (or anyone who hasn't played it yet), but all that is trumped for me by split screen. Co-op over the internet, even with voice chat, can't compare to split screen.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 10th May 2012, 5:07 pm

So basically what you are telling me is that because the problems are just small to medium you will buy it anyway.

There is a better version that you already own for PC and you play the Xbox version. The mods are literally the best part about minecraft, which imo, is not half as good without them.

Wow, I'm really surprised how well Mojang was able to get people to buy their game two times, with the second being an outdated version. Really, it's astonishing.

Also, almost everyone in this thread that said that they are going to buy it already owns it. So...yeah...

EDIT** It was never announced that minecraft will have dedicated servers on the Xbox. Beware this before you buy it. If it doesn't it WILL lag.

Minecraft on the Xbox will not have dedicated servers. It will lag. You are wasting your money buying this because your Xbox can not handle a server like this.

http://www.ripten.com/2012/05/08/ripten-review-minecraft-xbox-360-edition-xbla/
Source.
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  sgt zombie23 10th May 2012, 5:15 pm

My hobby is wasting money so i will likely get this.
sgt zombie23
sgt zombie23
Keeper Of The Chat

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 10th May 2012, 5:15 pm

Meatshield718 wrote:So basically what you are telling me is that because the problems are just small to medium you will buy it anyway.

Nope. I just mean that all those things don't make the PC version better so long as the Xbox version has split screen. Split screen is just that much better to me. I'm also almost certainly not buying it, because none of my friends who I could play split screen with play Minecraft. If I did have friends who liked Minecraft however, split screen would be awesome.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 10th May 2012, 5:18 pm

ITT: a bunch of people waste money
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 10th May 2012, 5:19 pm

Desert Sleepy wrote:
Meatshield718 wrote:So basically what you are telling me is that because the problems are just small to medium you will buy it anyway.

Nope. I just mean that all those things don't make the PC version better so long as the Xbox version has split screen. Split screen is just that much better to me. I'm also almost certainly not buying it, because none of my friends who I could play split screen with play Minecraft. If I did have friends who liked Minecraft however, split screen would be awesome.

Glad you didn't buy it. I get your point, however.
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  peanut butter60 10th May 2012, 5:56 pm

I got it just so I can play with some friends from school. Big let down on the Splitscreen. Turns out you need a 720P Hi-Def TV to play splitscreen and an HDMI cable. That sucks for me. My brother was pissed when he couldn't play with me. Funny thing is it's my game, not his. Oh well... I've still got my school friends
peanut butter60
peanut butter60
Hipshot Honcho

Back to top Go down

Post  El Mexi Can 915 10th May 2012, 6:22 pm

No skins
No texture packs
Outdated as fuck
No hunger
No enchanting
8 players max
No constant updates
Honestly it isn't really a waste of money
- None of us play on servers with any mods besides teleporting and anti-grief
- Skins will be added later, I think even a skin editor
- Texture packs added later, possibly an editor
- Map limit is gay as fuck, ruins it for me but if it doesn't bother you then who cares
- I don't really know anything about ports from different companies
- Hunger and enchanting are gone because it's outdated BUT M$ made a special deal so that the game can get updated very fast compared to other games on the Xbox 360. It should catch up to the PC soon
- 8 players is fine
- Again, updates are going to happen a lot faster than other console games.

Ok so soon it will be almost as good as the PC version, but why should you buy it for the console if you already have it for the PC?
- If Minecraft lags on your computer
- If you'll use splitscreen
- If you want to play on a big screen tv
- If prefer playing games on the console
- If you can't host servers on your computer

Also some people want to voice chat in parties on xbl but can't because their computer is in a different room. Basically for some people it's well worth it.

@SMK we all know you're a terraria d-rider so you don't have to tell everyone in every minecraft thread that you hate the game
El Mexi Can 915
El Mexi Can 915
R.I.P Magicman

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 10th May 2012, 6:27 pm

I was actually considering buying this until I heard about the map size limitations.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  ApocalypseVVolf. 10th May 2012, 7:04 pm

Well, I had a lot of microsoft points left over, about 2400 or so, and I was only really saving them for BF3 or Skyrim add-ons (Which are quite far away from now anyhow.)

I've bought minecraft, and I don't regret it, it's the most fun I've had in awhile seeing as the computer version lags for me and gets terrible when weather aspects enter the world. The Xbox360 version grants me the ability to talk to people, a pleasure I've never had on the computer version (But for $20 I probably could have, but that's not the point.). And with the party system corresponding with how many people can play on a server it makes it that much easier to get a group going. The ability to play the game with a controller spices it up a little, and I feel all around more comfortable playing Minecraft on the Xbox then I ever have playing on the PC.

You all make arguments about buying a game twice, about how this version is worse, but it will catch up. And when you have a computer that lacks the necessities that gaming needs today, this really opens up some options. (i.e NegativeHUNTER, myself.)

Actually playing > quality

ApocalypseVVolf.
ApocalypseVVolf.
Lykanthropos

Back to top Go down

Post  Garquin 10th May 2012, 8:08 pm

sgt zombie23 wrote:My hobby is wasting money so i will likely get this.
Me and you have so much in common.

Garquin
Sex Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 10th May 2012, 8:25 pm

Hmm well on second thought, I might get it, but i'll have to do far more research before adding it to my slim games list.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 10th May 2012, 8:28 pm

Most of the arguments of buying this game seem to hinge on the fact that "it'll be updated" and that stuff will be added later. Are you guys really willing to bet $20 on that? Not me. Especially not from Mojang.

@mexican, don't be a dick; I think Terraria is better but at no point in this topic did I say Minecraft was bad or you should get Terraria over it. also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 10th May 2012, 8:38 pm

Also, this is very relevant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-purchase_rationalization
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 10th May 2012, 9:02 pm

Super Mega King wrote:Also, this is very relevant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-purchase_rationalization

Maybe they just actually like it.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 10th May 2012, 9:03 pm

Maybe.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  El Mexi Can 915 11th May 2012, 1:27 am

Super Mega King wrote:@mexican, don't be a dick; I think Terraria is better but at no point in this topic did I say Minecraft was bad or you should get Terraria over it. also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
Sorry I guess I sounded pretty mean. No I was just pointing out that I see you post a lot of negativity in discussions about Minecraft and its kinda annoying.

Super Mega King wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-purchase_rationalization
I haven't bought it so this doesn't apply to me, I truly believe what I posted

Oh and on a side note I checked and 1000x1000 worlds ain't really as bad as I said. The main reason I would go out far into maps was because we played public servers and I wanted to get away from other people
El Mexi Can 915
El Mexi Can 915
R.I.P Magicman

Back to top Go down

Post  Slacker Hero 11th May 2012, 12:10 pm

El Mexi Can 915 wrote:
Honestly it isn't really a waste of money
- None of us play on servers with any mods besides teleporting and anti-grief
- Skins will be added later, I think even a skin editor
- Texture packs added later, possibly an editor
- Map limit is gay as fuck, ruins it for me but if it doesn't bother you then who cares
- I don't really know anything about ports from different companies
- Hunger and enchanting are gone because it's outdated BUT M$ made a special deal so that the game can get updated very fast compared to other games on the Xbox 360. It should catch up to the PC soon
- 8 players is fine
- Again, updates are going to happen a lot faster than other console games.

Ok so soon it will be almost as good as the PC version, but why should you buy it for the console if you already have it for the PC?
- If Minecraft lags on your computer
- If you'll use splitscreen
- If you want to play on a big screen tv
- If prefer playing games on the console
- If you can't host servers on your computer

Also some people want to voice chat in parties on xbl but can't because their computer is in a different room. Basically for some people it's well worth it.

- That's wrong, actually. Most of the servers we play on have some sorta mods attached to it, and if we had a regular server that we could depend on, we'd use more mods.
- I can't see how you can purchase this with the hope that a skin and texture pack editor will be added later. Really dumb, imo.
- Map limit size is a deal breaker. Enjoy having to scrap all your work once a new update comes out that adds new biomes to the world. Also enjoy having to constantly generate worlds for ones you want. Does this use seed generators too? Probably not.
- The fact that it's a port by a different company could be a bad thing. It's being ported by a company who's literally made terrible shitty games and then has since just made ports of older games to the xbl marketplace. Mojang already has some shitty coding and bugs, but with it being transferred over to port and being handled by someone else? Yeah, good luck.
- I want to see a source on that "special update" that Microsoft made, even then though, the game won't be updated as fast as the PC versions. Why? Microsoft has their own process of when a game gets a patch or whatever and sometimes it can take a few days before the patch is implemented.
- 8 players is not fine.
- Yeah, I guess it's possible that updates will happen faster than other console games but it won't catch up the PC version at all. Shit, even when PC updates happen, sometimes there are bugs and glitches and since Mojang is able to update the game whenever they want, they are fixed pretty fast. With Microsoft involved it could take days or weeks depending on how much patching they allow.

No, it won't be almost as good as the PC Version. It's a terribly gimped version of a game that's sorta terrible as is.

- If Minecraft lags on your PC, buy a new one.
- Splitscreen is nice but I wouldn't buy a video game just because it has split screen functionality.
- You can play the PC version of minecraft on a big television, this reason is stupid.
- LOL. The controls are literally tailored for a keyboard and mouse experience. So utterly gimped for playing it on a console and again, why would you prefer to play it on a console when it's such an inferior game?
- You don't need to host a server to play minecraft.

Voice chat is not a reason to spend 20 dollars. XBL Chat is acceptable at best, but there are better VOIP on the PC like Mumble, Teamspeak, Ventrillo and Skype. All free and you don't even have to spend 60 dollars a year to use it.

So yeah, if you think that it's well worth it to spend 20 bucks to play an inferior port with most of the features taken or gimped to hell, than be my guest.
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 11th May 2012, 12:17 pm

Slacker Hero wrote:- If Minecraft lags on your PC, buy a new one.

Well, although this doesn't apply to me, $20 is far cheaper than any decent PC costs, and not all of us are in the best economic status atm. I can't say if it is better or worse than the PC version (since I have owned neither, unless minecraft classic counts... (probably not)) but I can say that it provides a game that is lag-free (as far as the youtube videos show) for people who don't own the best or most high-tech PC to handle the game.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Slacker Hero 11th May 2012, 12:38 pm

eaustinn36 wrote:

Well, although this doesn't apply to me, $20 is far cheaper than any decent PC costs, and not all of us are in the best economic status atm. I can't say if it is better or worse than the PC version (since I have owned neither, unless minecraft classic counts... (probably not)) but I can say that it provides a game that is lag-free (as far as the youtube videos show) for people who don't own the best or most high-tech PC to handle the game.

You don't need a super computer to handle Minecraft. You don't even need a good one.
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 11th May 2012, 12:48 pm

Slacker Hero wrote:You don't need a super computer to handle Minecraft. You don't even need a good one.

Well, I do know a few people that used to play the PC version, but stopped due to like 1-2 fps or other issue regarding PC performance.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next