Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic" Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic" Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic" Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic" Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic" Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic" Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic" Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic" Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic" Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic" Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic" Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic" Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic"

+2
DeadApe
Super Mega King
6 posters

Go down

Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic" Empty Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic"

Post  Super Mega King 17th February 2013, 3:38 pm

http://www.playereffort.com/?p=2967
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic" Empty Re: Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic"

Post  DeadApe 17th February 2013, 3:42 pm

Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic" Shotsfired

Dude is 100% right. Can't wait for witcher 3.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic" Empty Re: Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic"

Post  Super Mega King 17th February 2013, 3:45 pm

DeadApe wrote:Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic" Shotsfired

Dude is 100% right. Can't wait for witcher 3.

+1
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 17th February 2013, 8:42 pm

Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic" Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  ApocalypseVVolf. 19th February 2013, 1:42 am

Witcher 3 Director: "Skyrim was generic" VC6wkf4
ApocalypseVVolf.
ApocalypseVVolf.
Lykanthropos

Back to top Go down

Post  mboddz751 19th February 2013, 6:29 pm

maybe they should just let the game's progress speak for itself rather then constantly trying to prop it up by bashing Skyrim. Based on the things you've been putting up about their "hyping" of Witcher 3 (which does look good), why can't they just talk about themselves instead of trying to say "well our game is gonna be great because Skyrim sucked." Which is a matter of opinion anyway.

Either way I've only ever really heard good things about witcher so I may try out the second one some day before the latest one hits shelves.
mboddz751
mboddz751
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 19th February 2013, 6:30 pm

mboddz751 wrote:maybe they should just let the game's progress speak for itself rather then constantly trying to prop it up by bashing Skyrim. Based on the things you've been putting up about their "hyping" of Witcher 3 (which does look good), why can't they just talk about themselves instead of trying to say "well our game is gonna be great because Skyrim sucked." Which is a matter of opinion anyway.

Either way I've only ever really heard good things about witcher so I may try out the second one some day before the latest one hits shelves.

did you actually read the article? they praised Skyrim on a lot of things and said that Skyrim is definitely an inspiration, but it was generic.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  mboddz751 19th February 2013, 6:33 pm

Yes I did. and while the man said he does have respect for it, the whole purpose of the article (hell its in the title) was to negatively label skyrim as generic for marketing purposes.
mboddz751
mboddz751
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 19th February 2013, 6:35 pm

I'm not sure if that's fair. The director of the game didn't write the article, the journalist who interviewed him did. The director of the game said some very fair things about Skyrim, and said that while it was generic, it did help him understand how to make an open world. I didn't really get the vibe that he was doing it for marketing reasons.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  mboddz751 19th February 2013, 6:36 pm

Super Mega King wrote:I'm not sure if that's fair. The director of the game didn't write the article, the journalist who interviewed him did. The director of the game said some very fair things about Skyrim, and said that while it was generic, it did help him understand how to make an open world. I didn't really get the vibe that he was doing it for marketing reasons.

then I guess we have a difference of opinion lol
mboddz751
mboddz751
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 19th February 2013, 6:38 pm

yeah it seems like it.

You should try Witcher 2 though. It's in my top 10, maybe top 5, and is a big contender for GOTY 2011 (between that and Dark Souls)
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  mboddz751 19th February 2013, 6:46 pm

Dark souls is the other title i've heard almost zero complaints about. So I'll most likely end up checking those out once tax returns and bank bullshit is settled.
mboddz751
mboddz751
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 19th February 2013, 6:50 pm

Dark Souls is very good. Requires a bit of patience and it has a decent learning curve though.

My tip for Dark Souls is to not worry about grinding, don't ever put stats into Resistance, and play the game yourself. There's no wrong way to beat it. If you try going one way and you're dying a lot, try another. Using guides only makes it less interesting.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 19th February 2013, 7:21 pm

Super Mega King wrote:Dark Souls is very good. Requires a bit of patience and it has a decent learning curve though.

My tip for Dark Souls is to not worry about grinding, don't ever put stats into Resistance, and play the game yourself. There's no wrong way to beat it. If you try going one way and you're dying a lot, try another. Using guides only makes it less interesting.

Does Dark Souls get better? I bought it recently and got past the Asylum Demon and onto the first area. I seem to be just monotonously fighting skeletons, dying, and repeating the pattern of "wait until they're vulnerable, do an attack, back off and block, wait". It's not really drawing me into the game, fighting boring skeletons, and since Dark Souls has no story to carry it apparently I'm wondering if it's even worth playing. Is the entire game just repeating a pattern for chunks of time until an enemy is dead or you're dead? 'Cause I'm already bored of that with these skeletons.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 19th February 2013, 8:50 pm

Desert Sleepy wrote:
Super Mega King wrote:Dark Souls is very good. Requires a bit of patience and it has a decent learning curve though.

Does Dark Souls get better? I bought it recently and got past the Asylum Demon and onto the first area. I seem to be just monotonously fighting skeletons, dying, and repeating the pattern of "wait until they're vulnerable, do an attack, back off and block, wait". It's not really drawing me into the game, fighting boring skeletons, and since Dark Souls has no story to carry it apparently I'm wondering if it's even worth playing. Is the entire game just repeating a pattern for chunks of time until an enemy is dead or you're dead? 'Cause I'm already bored of that with these skeletons.

Spoiler:
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down