Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
DLC is Evil... Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
DLC is Evil... Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
DLC is Evil... Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
DLC is Evil... Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
DLC is Evil... Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
DLC is Evil... Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
DLC is Evil... Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
DLC is Evil... Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
DLC is Evil... Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
DLC is Evil... Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
DLC is Evil... Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
DLC is Evil... Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

DLC is Evil...

+5
Made in Finland
M3LA
eaustinn36
zombie dude
DeadApe
9 posters

Go down

DLC is Evil... Empty DLC is Evil...

Post  DeadApe 2nd April 2010, 1:02 am

I have always felt that DLC lately is a complete ripoff for most games. Map packs have always been too expensive but at least they delivered. I feel like developers care less about the quality of their maps nowadays than the $$$ they rake in. Look at the stimulus package, Infinity Ward (or Activision) had the nerve to change the standardized price for maps because they thought they were tough shit, and are now being bashed all over the internet for releasing a buggy/half-assed map pack. Too often are games released with "unlockable" DLC (DLC already on the disk.) I'm also sick of games releasing "mini-campaigns" which end up being a ten dollar, 30 minute add-on. Remember back when expansions were....expansions? I give major credit to Besthesda, mostly for the Shivering Isles pack in Oblivion which immense and fantastic. They also delivered with Fallout 3 however I think that most of those DLC packs were ripoffs. Rockstar is a company that should be greatly respected, they released two full expansion packs with fleshed out campaigns and everything for only 20$ each.

The quality of DLC can be easily improved if, instead of developers releasing these 30 minute mission packs, they just held out a little bit and released them all at once for a set price. Your getting more bang for your buck and it sets a better standard for the rest of the gaming industry. Everyone is looking at other companies to see how much they can get away with and its working. Expect to see more 15$ map packs.

Here's a great article from IGN about the decline of downloadable content. http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1081389p2.html
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

DLC is Evil... Empty Re: DLC is Evil...

Post  zombie dude 2nd April 2010, 1:28 am

oh yea

zombie dude
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 2nd April 2010, 2:21 am

I agree, the quality has generally gone down, but not with all games. The GTA4 DLC's for example are great. TLAD and especially TBOGT are epic win Smile

This is why I don't own many "gun" games, where a lot of the DLC's are map packs. The only straight up "gun" game I have now is Army of Two, and the DLC is free for that, so I don't mind.

Good point though.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  M3LA 2nd April 2010, 7:11 am

Oblivions horse armor pack was the best dlc EVAH!!!
M3LA
M3LA

https://www.youtube.com/user/GreedAndSelfishness

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 2nd April 2010, 8:43 am

100% agreed. I have always hated DLC. I think the only DLC I have ever bought is The Lost and Damned for GTA IV, and it was well worth the money. I have the CoD4 map pack too, byt only cause I have the GOTY edition of COD4 which comes with the maps. I think all the companies should do be ashemed of themselves. Especially the ones that put the DLC on the disc. Some even release the DLC a day after the game was released... They all should have out it on the disc and made it available for free. We already paid, what, 60$ for the game already, and we still need to pay 10$ to unlock some extra shit that was supposed to be on the disc to begin with. If the companies are so greedy, why not just make the games more expensive then?
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kush Befor Dusk 2nd April 2010, 9:56 am

you just said it all deadape
Kush Befor Dusk
Kush Befor Dusk
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint Ronan 2nd April 2010, 12:32 pm

Personally I love DLC's. Not because all the money out of pocket it takes but because of the gameplay. Infinityward makes most of it's maps quite believable to be fighting in (except for the fact that there's no sandbox gameplay or environment reaction) and the only reason the stimulus package was so much was because it had five great maps in it. They brought back two of the original game's maps just for old times sake. Anyway, technically you're getting a deal with the Stimulus Package. Each map approximately costs 260 some-odd points they threw in the two old ones for 200 a pop. I'd much rather pay twelve hundred than 1400 for the gay little junk yard and those awesome four other ones. study
Saint Ronan
Saint Ronan

http://www.myspace.com/nitsua1201

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint Ronan 2nd April 2010, 12:43 pm

I personally thank God that I haven't got a game that has the DLC come out a few days after the game comes out. I like BF2: Bad Company 2 because if you bought it then you got a VIP code which made everything free. The DLC for games from Bethesda will obviously be amazing because Fallout and Oblivion are full on RPG's and that's all you do in them. I am going to be in love with Bethesda soon enough though thanks to their brilliant new game Brink. Free running with a gun!!?!?! You CAN"T fight THAT! Alright but back to DLC. Halo's DLC most people were happy with. Alot of people liked that game, I repeat, LIKED. Then they decided to come out with that gay three hour gameplay piece of shiz ODST. Don't get me wrong I liked playing as drop shock trooper but they didn't even change the multiplayer. Evil or Very Mad And as soon as they came out with it and you could get recon no one wanted to play. No more motivation to play. Anybody wanna rant on how bad Bungie F'ed up on ODST or just me?
Saint Ronan
Saint Ronan

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterofkills09 2nd April 2010, 12:52 pm

Saint Ronan wrote: Brink. Free running with a gun!!?!?! You CAN"T fight THAT!
...What about Mirrors Edge?
Masterofkills09
Masterofkills09

Back to top Go down

Post  AaUndeadMarine 2nd April 2010, 3:59 pm

ok this kid fights some valid points but I personally want to fuck infinity ward up the ass with a sharp pointy stick for making me buy that.
1. they didn't even patch the CoD 4 glitches on crash and overgrown.
2. yes even the new maps are extremely buggy
3. their whole idea on the reason we are getting tired of the game is the old maps, no its because of the gay glitches and the Camping faggots
4. Scrapyard was probably the best map of the 5 so shut your mouth
AaUndeadMarine
AaUndeadMarine

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint Ronan 2nd April 2010, 7:06 pm

I have returned for a rebuttal... lol that sounds hella gay.

AT:Master of kills
Mirrors Edge was a wonderful game except for the fact that the multiplayer, if you can call it that, sucked and the campaign wasn't long enough for my liking. You couldn't carry weapons with you the whole time which is quite believable for how fast you run and the obstacles you had to pass. Brink on the other hand is a game that is a FPS at all times merged with Mirrors Edge go look it up it looks pretty sav.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-kVnw4RA80

AT: AaUndeadMarine
I personally never glitched in the first one so I have no idea what you're talking about, but I haven't bought the new DLC so I also wouldn't know about the bugginess. Now then camping, I could totally agree with you on but lets be realistic for a second here. In real life would you go running out in the open in the middle of a battle? I didn't think so. You would find a place you feel safer in than others and hold it. But this is a video game not real life and the person you just killed that found your spot is bringing some friends. Good luck with that heartbeat sensor and silencer kid. Last thing to add here, Everyone has their preferences and all but really, Scrapyard is only for free for all and for those of us who like a bit more tactical gameplay that doesn't fly. Now if it were bigger and had like four or five buildings in it that's a map I'd like right there. Maybe a tank in the dog house to Laughing
Saint Ronan
Saint Ronan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down