Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
All bout america - Page 12 Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
All bout america - Page 12 Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
All bout america - Page 12 Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
All bout america - Page 12 Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
All bout america - Page 12 Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
All bout america - Page 12 Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
All bout america - Page 12 Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
All bout america - Page 12 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
All bout america - Page 12 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
All bout america - Page 12 Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
All bout america - Page 12 Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
All bout america - Page 12 Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

All bout america

+40
snowwolf1996
Cloakey100
WestHybrid 360
eegleindia
FoundDa Kiwi
Garquin
bman4782
Mattiicus
SlashmanG
Desert Sleepy
Sir Manguydude
Cazio117
Viperous Slayer
DeadApe
ApocalypseVVolf.
RedrumSalad
zombie dude
Black Eyes
sgt zombie23
A Groovy Tophat
Jagdgeschwader
Super Mega King
T REDD262
Cry Vengeance
BAXTABEAST22
Made in Finland
Slacker Hero
mboddz751
steveeeee
Bladewind23
eaustinn36
. ADestroyer360
ABigSoggy Wafle
Masta Shef
Meatshield718
BLACK SNOW 13
andrew
KZ Powned
Vicious Fox
unshapedskills
44 posters

Page 12 of 28 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 28  Next

Go down

All bout america - Page 12 Empty Re: All bout america

Post  unshapedskills 30th March 2011, 4:37 pm

[quote="Tophat 44"]
Made in Finland wrote:
I think it does have an impact on children. I know bullying because of having gay parents is a big issue, however i would think that growing up with two moms or 2 dads would be.... very odd for a child.

but for those kids who have gay parents that is the normal way they live so it seems perfectly fine for them.
unshapedskills
unshapedskills

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew 30th March 2011, 4:54 pm

Capital punishment is touchy, but I am for it. If a guy murders his wife and 2 kids for no reason at all, he will most likely get sentenced to death. If the death sentence is removed, then that guy will get to live the rest of his life on our money. He gets about 3 meals a day, and basically sits in a cage until he rots. Which for me would be a fate worse then death. If he is just executed, we wouldn't have to spend our money in order to feed him even though he's not really going anywhere. This guy is also definitely NOT innocent, so the death sentence is the right thing in this situation.
andrew
andrew
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Shef 30th March 2011, 5:13 pm

Well if we're putting an end to the Gun discussion let me just weigh in and say Pro-gun people had this one.
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  unshapedskills 30th March 2011, 5:17 pm

im not gonna lie, executions should be done with a double barrel shoved to the back of there head and with a canvas in front of them. INSTANT ABSTRACT ART!!!!!!!
unshapedskills
unshapedskills

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew 30th March 2011, 5:25 pm

Owning a gun is considered a basic right in this country, its always been allowed and shouldn't be ended now of all times.
andrew
andrew
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Shef 30th March 2011, 5:27 pm

unshapedskills wrote:im not gonna lie, executions should be done with a double barrel shoved to the back of there head and with a canvas in front of them. INSTANT ABSTRACT ART!!!!!!!

Unshapedskills is a perfect example of why gun laws are fine. The mental health care system on the other hand...
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew 30th March 2011, 5:29 pm

Mental health care is never going to be perfect. There are always going to be crazy people and people that can't be helped
andrew
andrew
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  zombie dude 30th March 2011, 10:34 pm

It was a joke jackass.

zombie dude
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 30th March 2011, 10:43 pm

Capital Punishment: Andrew, executing people isn't free at all. Also, "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Gays raising kids: There are good parents and bad parents. Their orientation really doesn't dictate this. Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSQQK2Vuf9Q
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew 30th March 2011, 10:57 pm

Definitely cheaper then providing 3 meals a day, a place to stay, and give them some recreation for the next 40 years.

Not everything can be done peacefully

Last edited by andr_00_ew on 30th March 2011, 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
andrew
andrew
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 30th March 2011, 10:58 pm

uhhhh, nope

Turns out, it is cheaper to imprison killers for life than to execute them, according to a series of recent surveys. Tens of millions of dollars cheaper, politicians are learning, during a tumbling recession when nearly every state faces job cuts and massive deficits.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29552692/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  RedrumSalad 30th March 2011, 11:07 pm

why would it be cheaper tho? is it because of the way they execute them, using all these special chemicals to make it "humane?" Hell, they should just do a firing squad, thats as humane as anybody getting sentenced to death should die.
RedrumSalad
RedrumSalad

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 30th March 2011, 11:08 pm

Read the article, Redrum
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 31st March 2011, 12:35 am

I don't even have to read the article to know it's more expensive. The definition of the death penalty in this country is wait 20 years and then kill somebody.

Gay marriage debate: I'm using the ostrich technique on this one. I don't really care but I don't want it in my face. The truth is there is no way to counter it without sounding prejudicial. Now whether or not a church wants to marry a gay couple should be of their own volition.

Abortion: I go against my general side in this case, it should be your choice. It's your child. Luckily we have a very clear line in the sand in this case, birth.

Separation of church and state: I agree. But I honestly have no problem with having 'In God we trust' on our money or just having it as a motto and I'm an atheist.

Death Penalty: If we're going to have a death penalty of 'wait 20 years and then kill them' then no. If we'll be serious about it and send them to a firing squad next week, then I honestly don't care.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  ApocalypseVVolf. 31st March 2011, 12:44 am

I hate to go off topic and interupt everything...Well i just noticed this, but did you guys see that the Canadian dollar is now $1.02 American? (Not exact)
ApocalypseVVolf.
ApocalypseVVolf.
Lykanthropos

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 31st March 2011, 1:15 am

It goes up and down so much that's not really a big deal. Three years ago it was worth 95 cents. Then a few months later it was worth $1.10, a few months ago it was again 95 cents or so and now it's $1.02.

Not really a big deal. In the 90s it was worth 60 cents to an American dollar which was terrible. Now it has gone up against the Euro and the American dollar because of oil.

We should drill for more oil and export.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  ApocalypseVVolf. 31st March 2011, 1:48 am

Though the Canadian dollar is expected to rise since Obama just stated that America should now look towards getting oil from their neighbors such as Canada and Mexico.

But you guys can continue with talking bout' America now..
ApocalypseVVolf.
ApocalypseVVolf.
Lykanthropos

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 31st March 2011, 1:59 am

Pisses me off. I don't understand why we can't drill for oil here. Off California, Gulf of Mexico, Midwest, ANWAR, off Florida, there are so many places we can get oil. Now it's not a permanent solution and we all know that, and I believe we should put investments into new energies like hydrogen. But it's on the market and damn it we should be a larger part of that market. It'd help with our deficit problem for sure.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 31st March 2011, 12:25 pm

andr_00_ew wrote:Owning a gun is considered a basic right in this country, its always been allowed and shouldn't be ended now of all times.
Yeah, you're right, two hundred year old laws shouldn't change as the world changes. We should all just go back to the good ol' days and start stoning to death everyone who has sex before marriage too!
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 31st March 2011, 1:53 pm

Wow.. seems that we started many more discussions without wrapping up the others' first. I don't even know where to start..

Death Penalty - The death penalty is more expensive than a life term (as stated above). Now, most of the points I wanted to respond to on this have already been addressed, but there is one still there. Someone mentioned that '20 yr sentence then execute' is not okay, but after a week or so is better (or something like that). Going back to the original points: Do you know how many innocent people die on death row? Many. In fact, there many been countless cases where someone on death row was proved innocent (say 14 yrs into sentence), and then been released. Speeding up the process would save money for the 'death penalty' arguement, BUT, the number of innocent executed would spike higher. This seems backward to me. Longer we wait, the more money it costs, but the more confident we become that we made the right decision. Why not take the error out of it and stop the death penalty? I'd also like to note that in many 1st world countries, the DP is already illegal (as it is in some states in the US, including mine). This would save money AND reduce the number of innocent put to death, to zero. And for those who say "well it's okay to use the DP when they are obviously guilty"... Poor arguement. Many times throughout US history the jury/judge was SURE it was him/her, but then 10-15 yrs later, innocent! I would hope for a federal law to ban it.

Gay Marrage - Agree with fin on the pointlessness of the debate, but the church likes to bring it up. As for the adopting children part, thats better. I never really had a firm position on this one, as it is very depending on the couple. Overall though, I don't mind it (gays/lesbians should be allowed to adopt).

Guns - Yeah.. thought we were done, but still going. First off, noone is keeping a "win-loss" record. If you want to keep one, fine, but to me this topic is to display the views of each side, and have the reader choose for themselves; not, "okay this person one, now everyone should agree with him/her". And again, as for the gun debate, my opinion stands. NO, I am not "paranoid" i'm going to be shot, that was taken out of context. What I was saying was I WOULD be if everyone has a gun (someone brought up that everyone should carry). And as for smart guns: it's in the name; they're smart. Saying that that they're bad because "i'm really that afraid" is a poor agruement imo. I see no negatives with smart guns. Now, IF someone broke into someone's house to steal a gun when they were on vacation or something, they couldn't use it. And finally, why would I be more "afraid" with more guns in everyones hands? Accidental discharge does happen. I mean, you don't accidentally discharge your fist into someone's face, but it could happen with a gun. Some also argue that "banning guns" would reduce murders, since you can kill people other ways". Yes, true, BUT it is far easier to kill someone with a gun, than "up-close" with a knife or etc.. Granted it would still happen, but not everyone who would've killed someone has the mental capacity to brutally stab someone (and see all the blood). Pulling a simple trigger, especially from a far distance, is easier on the brain generally. I'll end it at that.

Abortion - Not to much to update on this one, since there seems to be a general agreement.

Drilling for oil - Yeah, this was a topic brought up "off-topic", but yet another on the table. YES it would help us out financially to drill here, but I still say "hell no". Destroying the environment to save greenbacks is never justified imo. Yes foreign oil is draining our coffers, so think outside of the box America! Get off oil dependance (use green renewable sources; NOT nuclear). Around 1% of our power comes from solar, and similar for wind. Very bad! At least bring each into double digits. Hydroelectric could be expanded as well, as well as geothermal in "hot spots". Now, going back to the beginning of the paragraph, we DO need something to bridge the gap, yes, but NOT domestic oil (or coal). Oil and coal are the WORST for the environment. I am however "okay" with using natural gas to do it though (still very dirty, but cleaner than the other two). What gets me though is: In order to "bridge a gap", we have to have a gap. The other side isn't even there! We have not really even begun to start funding large scale renewable energy conversions! What worries me therefore, is that the "natural gas" (or whatever is used) to bridge the gap will become the new long term solution. The bridge should be a bridge, in that it needs to end within a few years (sorry for the excessive metaphors).

@FIn (post right above mine): Completely agree. As I stated before, the 2nd amendment when written had "muskets" in mind, not semi-auto guns or all this fancy stuff. I think if the founding fathers were here today, they would be disgusted in how the nation turned out (in more than just the gun way).
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 31st March 2011, 6:47 pm

All I've got to say is that it's on the market, we should be in it. We used to be the world's largest exporter of oil, and I'm pretty sure Europe and others would be very happy to get oil from somewhere other than OPEC. Drilling technology is also a lot more environmentally friendly now in the way that one derrick or platform can mine oil from five fold the range they could even thirty years ago. This path would be exponentially valuable to our economy.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Shef 31st March 2011, 8:31 pm

Gun Control is proven not to work. Nuff said. Prove otherwise and I mean real facts. Back up the information you give with facts not this theoretical bull crap. Although I don't expect you to be able to do this when it is in fact true that in states with the Righ-to-Carry there is less crime.
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 31st March 2011, 8:57 pm

*doesn't care about gun control either way

Masta Shef, completely refusing to address any of eaustinn's points and saying "WE WON" is really asinine. :/ He seems to make a few solid, valid points and, as austin said, I wasn't aware that we were really keeping score in this topic. Unless you feel the need to validate your beliefs by keeping score, of course.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Shef 31st March 2011, 9:56 pm

Super Mega King wrote:*doesn't care about gun control either way

Masta Shef, completely refusing to address any of eaustinn's points and saying "WE WON" is really asinine. :/ He seems to make a few solid, valid points and, as austin said, I wasn't aware that we were really keeping score in this topic. Unless you feel the need to validate your beliefs by keeping score, of course.

That is funny because just like EAustinn YOU refuse to address MY posts. Look back a few pages to why im not addressing his points. This is exactly the reason I first posted "This thread is repetitive as hell". As well his "valid" points are made up of nothing but speculation and disimformation, I addressed this in my last "serious" gun control post. Understand that everything I say is not speculation and is researched information(backed up with facts) and not Right-Wing propaganda.
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 31st March 2011, 9:59 pm

I'm not going to address your points because I don't care about gun control either way.

I understand that you have researched your topic, but feeling the need to validate your beliefs by proclaiming victory is so ludicrous.

It seemed to me like Austin responded to comments against him; how is that disinformation?
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 28 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 28  Next