Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
All bout america - Page 18 Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
All bout america - Page 18 Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
All bout america - Page 18 Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
All bout america - Page 18 Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
All bout america - Page 18 Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
All bout america - Page 18 Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
All bout america - Page 18 Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
All bout america - Page 18 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
All bout america - Page 18 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
All bout america - Page 18 Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
All bout america - Page 18 Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
All bout america - Page 18 Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

All bout america

+40
snowwolf1996
Cloakey100
WestHybrid 360
eegleindia
FoundDa Kiwi
Garquin
bman4782
Mattiicus
SlashmanG
Desert Sleepy
Sir Manguydude
Cazio117
Viperous Slayer
DeadApe
ApocalypseVVolf.
RedrumSalad
zombie dude
Black Eyes
sgt zombie23
A Groovy Tophat
Jagdgeschwader
Super Mega King
T REDD262
Cry Vengeance
BAXTABEAST22
Made in Finland
Slacker Hero
mboddz751
steveeeee
Bladewind23
eaustinn36
. ADestroyer360
ABigSoggy Wafle
Masta Shef
Meatshield718
BLACK SNOW 13
andrew
KZ Powned
Vicious Fox
unshapedskills
44 posters

Page 18 of 28 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next

Go down

All bout america - Page 18 Empty Re: All bout america

Post  Cry Vengeance 14th April 2011, 4:45 pm

I feel like your programmed to make points at random sometimes, like that commercial for Bing. Razz

Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

http://www.undead-xbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 14th April 2011, 4:47 pm

Heh. I make points as I think of them so yeah it can seem arbitrary sometimes.

After doing more research I am growing more decidedly anti-Pledge.

Spoiler:
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Cry Vengeance 14th April 2011, 4:53 pm

I was always the guy that didn't practice the pledge, and when the teacher would try and force me to on consequence of being sent to the office, I'd always reply.

"Isn't it Ironic that you're forcing me to say the pledge of allegiance in America? How many times do I have to tell a piece of fabric that I won't bomb my nation's capital?"

Obviously I was sent to the office.

Spoiler:
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

http://www.undead-xbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 14th April 2011, 4:57 pm

Teachers have no sense of humor.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Shef 14th April 2011, 6:24 pm

I'm the only one in my HR that said it. Everyone else are communists.

Better Topic:
http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/shortorder/2011/04/japans_bk_meat_monster_whopper.php
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 14th April 2011, 7:29 pm

I didn't really think it was the biggest deal in the world, it seemed kind of pointless that sometimes I made a pledge to the 'Federal Republic of Germany under Hitler with liberty and justice to all of the master race' and sometimes to Communism. It was a joke and immature but I remember a Korea veteran telling us once at a Memorial Day service on being patriotic to your country,

'...Give respect to your country, because it's housed you without question. When you do the pledge, however redundant it is, proudly give your allegiance to the flag that represents our people and ideals. Proudly stand up and salute the flag when the National Anthem is sung...'

It stuck with me, and I can't say I disagree. There's no reason to change it to 'I pledge allegiance to the people' because that flag represents our people. The next day I bought a flag and hung it in my room and it still hangs today.

For people who are anti-pledge, it's your decision, you can if you want. But it seems to me a little like turning your back on your country. I mean that very loosely, nobody's going to be a domestic terrorist or communist by not saying the pledge, but I really think that it was invented to install in school children a sense of nationalism and an American feeling.

In a way, freedom is hard to defend because nobody has to do anything they don't want to. In the same sense, oppression is easy because everybody is forced to, and if you don't you get shot.

Oh, and I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but in my HR everybody pretty much stopped what they were doing when the pledge was announced over the intercom. In one case when everybody was talking as soon as the pledge came on we all stopped our conversations and pledged allegiance to our country. I can't say I wasn't proud.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 14th April 2011, 10:32 pm

Super Mega King wrote:I was simply making a point that the "Under God" was ADDED.

Which really seems weird to me.

Actually it's my general belief that it was added to break America farther away from the communists. It helped state that here in America we are not "atheist scum". (The first person to add this to the pledge, a chaplain, said that Lincoln said that during the Gettysburg Address, but I don't entirely believe that considering the time period it was added.) For a while we also recited it with the "Bellamy salute", which for some reasons...we don't do anymore.

Requiring it doesn't happen, but it recommended. No one should be forced to recite it, but honestly, it's more of a respectful thing anyway.

Regarding the separating church from state people, I would honestly just say get over it. We've had a history of religious influences that helped form the U.S., and it shouldn't offend anyone accept for maybe an extremist atheist.
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 14th April 2011, 10:54 pm

I'm not saying you're wrong, but isn't it contradictory that we are a nation that welcomes all peoples and customs yet in our Pledge (that is mandatory in some schools, despite it being illegal), it states that we are a nation UNDER GOD?
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 14th April 2011, 11:01 pm

Super Mega King wrote:I'm not saying you're wrong, but isn't it contradictory that we are a nation that welcomes all peoples and customs yet in our Pledge (that is mandatory in some schools, despite it being illegal), it states that we are a nation UNDER GOD?

Domestic policy in the fifties did these things. If you don't want to say it, you don't have to, whether you disagree with it or not.

Also, if there are schools still doing it, it one would take one complaining kid to say no before everyone realizes it can't be reinforced. (Other than private schools of course)
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 14th April 2011, 11:35 pm

Super Mega King wrote:I'm not saying you're wrong, but isn't it contradictory that we are a nation that welcomes all peoples and customs yet in our Pledge (that is mandatory in some schools, despite it being illegal), it states that we are a nation UNDER GOD?

I would argue that it this isn't mandatory at all in schools. Also, a nation 'under God' is stating something so general religious wise that honestly using Cry's words 'Only soccer moms would really debate about'. Also, even though we are a nation that welcomes all people and customs, we still appreciate it when immigrants conform to our ideals and customs. Even though we're the melting pot of the world, multiculturalism doesn't work, cultures don't mix, they separate (Chinatown, Little Italy, etc.) therefore they should conform to being American.
I'm getting off topic.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 15th April 2011, 12:58 am

Super Mega King wrote:Teachers have no sense of humor.
You sure about that?
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 15th April 2011, 1:16 am

Absolutely. Positively.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 15th April 2011, 1:24 am

Maybe you but I have 3 teachers who are some of the greatest jokers ever. One being a Republican Jewish Physics teachers that said bitch, fuck, ho, and n*gga on the first day i met him. He such a prankster too. XD
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 15th April 2011, 1:42 am

I was being sarcastic (hard to convey on the internet, yeah)

I don't have any really abrasive teachers like that but my history and math teachers are the funniest.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew 15th April 2011, 2:36 am

Junior year, which was really my last "academic" school year, I had a English teacher that was a family friend that sometimes made me bring him lunch from off campus in exchange for not marking me absent in class and gave me around 10 signed passes that I could write anything in every quarter. So I could basically skip whenever I wanted but never got shit for it.

Edit - Pledge response
When I was in school, you didn't have to say a word of the pledge, but you did have to stand up, just out of respect for the country. Nobody should be forcing you to say anything
andrew
andrew
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 4th May 2011, 10:38 pm

Bump.

*The below is a continuation of the debate in the "Osama" thread". *

https://undead-xbox.forumotion.com/t6107-osama-is-dead

Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 5th May 2011, 12:12 am

B Mane65 wrote:I dont even know why Canada is involved in the war...too many innocent Canucks getting killed for no reason.

The Taliban is hostile to practically anything Western and hates it with a passion. Now you may say 'Gee, most people in the ME are like that' well most don't outright hate us, they're just tired of a military footprint in their country and I don't blame them. Some even commend us (Saudi Arabia) but in my opinion I think that's mainly because we buy so much oil from them. Still, a friendly face is friendly.

They're involved because they're a part of NATO. NATO doctrine states that any nation declared war upon by an outside source, the entirety of NATO will help defeat that enemy. So that means everyone from Canada to Spain to contract countries like Australia and Japan helping out. In total, there are soldiers from 47 different countries in the Middle East. And also that the US would defend Canada as if it were an extension of the United States.

Zackattackx3 wrote:thats what i dont get, theres people that say he was shot, people say he was blown up and some say he killed himself, i think the military took him captive so we can get answers from him, about other terrorists groups

All reliable news outlets say he was shot. He was not captured, he did not kill himself.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

All bout america - Page 18 Empty temporary topic

Post  Made in Finland 5th May 2011, 4:17 pm

Sir Manguydude wrote:Fine, then in World War III don't expect the US to help with getting everyone else back on their feet, like we did after WWII, and also a little after WWI. Also, I was unaware of us invading any of the countries in Africa that we supply aid to. I mean I was unaware that we invaded Sudan which received 1,212.70 Million dollars in 2009. How about West Bank and Gaza Strip? 1,039.20 Million. Or Haiti? 368.8 Million, and that was before the earthquake, which we have been funneling large amounts of money for aid into. The USA sent in the highest amount of relief, totaling to more than $712 million.

Curbed, with the facts.
You're talking like the US is the ONLY country that has ever aided another country. We just gave 1,48 billion euro's to Greece, and our cotry is about 1% of the US in terms of population and wealth. Does that automatically make us the best country in the world too?
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew 5th May 2011, 5:00 pm

U.S gives out around 30 billion per year on foreign aid alone to other countries, followed by Germany at around 15 billion. So no.
andrew
andrew
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 5th May 2011, 5:21 pm

andr_00_ew wrote:U.S gives out around 30 billion per year on foreign aid alone to other countries, followed by Germany at around 15 billion. So no.
US has 60 times more the citizens. Our aid to Greece alone is more than the entire annual amount of aids given by the US, per capita. Hurr durr, we r teh best country in da world!

All this proves is that you can make ANY industrialized country look like the best in the world, simply by fucking around with numbers.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew 5th May 2011, 5:58 pm

The 30 billion is the monetary aid alone, not including our presence in other countries and military help.
andrew
andrew
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazio117 5th May 2011, 6:03 pm

andr_00_ew wrote:The 30 billion is the monetary aid alone, not including our presence in other countries and military help.

Yeah except they don't want you there.
US needs to stop trying to "help" other countries and maybe try helping its self, your economy is screwed.

Cazio117
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  mboddz751 5th May 2011, 6:07 pm

@austinn: germany wasn't invaded during ww1 so there wasn't much to rebuild (besides their shattered economy). So no the "destruction" of Germany wasn't the cause of ww2. More like it was the desperate german citizens who were wiling to let a man become dictator and restart the mess they had just gotten out of (after Hitler did an amazing job at restoring Germany)
mboddz751
mboddz751
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 5th May 2011, 6:11 pm

mboddz751 wrote:@austinn: germany wasn't invaded during ww1 so there wasn't much to rebuild (besides their shattered economy). So no the "destruction" of Germany wasn't the cause of ww2. More like it was the desperate german citizens who were wiling to let a man become dictator and restart the mess they had just gotten out of (after Hitler did an amazing job at restoring Germany)

I'd say there was significant damage done to Germany in the form of huge, overbearing debts and military. I mean, Germany's economy crashed so hard because it couldn't pay reparations. The conditions of the Treaty of Versailles were entirely biased against Germany which was one reason that WWII happened, though, tbh, it was mostly as you said, desperate citizens let a crazy man take over.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  mboddz751 5th May 2011, 6:12 pm

exactly mega king. i'm not ignorant enough to say it wasn't unfair what happened to Germany in the form of debts.

Germany completely had to pick up the tab for the shattered Austria-Hungary Empire which was balls lol
mboddz751
mboddz751
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 28 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next