Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Battlefield 3 debut trailer - Page 22 Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Battlefield 3 debut trailer - Page 22 Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Battlefield 3 debut trailer - Page 22 Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Battlefield 3 debut trailer - Page 22 Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Battlefield 3 debut trailer - Page 22 Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Battlefield 3 debut trailer - Page 22 Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Battlefield 3 debut trailer - Page 22 Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Battlefield 3 debut trailer - Page 22 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Battlefield 3 debut trailer - Page 22 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Battlefield 3 debut trailer - Page 22 Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Battlefield 3 debut trailer - Page 22 Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Battlefield 3 debut trailer - Page 22 Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Battlefield 3 debut trailer

+50
lamboman1342
. ADestroyer360
snowwolf1996
Sir Manguydude
DeadApe
Jakaah
Cloakey100
KSI Quick Reload
Desert Sleepy
danny13
G00EY LOUIE
Garquin
Silvatos.
eaustinn36
VrAzZLe Meister
AlexJ64
SlaughterShyful
FoundDa Kiwi
whats in a BLT
A Man Whit A Hat
A Chaotic GOD
SlashmanG
Mr Unztopable.
Vicious Fox
El Mexi Can 915
Zwytch
o QuickShott o
snake eyez 89
AaUndeadMarine
KZ Powned
Cry Vengeance
M3LA
ApocalypseVVolf.
xI SiL3NTSh0t
Meatshield718
zombie dude
andrew
Jagdgeschwader
BOBBY BOCCE
steveeeee
Made in Finland
NegativeHUNTER
Bladewind23
A Groovy Tophat
mboddz751
Slacker Hero
MrKurt2012
BLACK SNOW 13
Pwnisher James
Masta Shef
54 posters

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Battlefield 3 debut trailer - Page 22 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 debut trailer

Post  Meatshield718 29th December 2011, 4:59 pm

Desert Sleepy wrote:
It's like fighting in a painting or some weird shit, they just seem to mold into the background. The people aren't as easy to distinguish as people are in other games, and it doesn't help that pretty much every character, Russian or American (or whatever, I'm assuming this is again Russian vs US), looks pretty much the same.

It's like real life or something!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself, but in all honesty that has been the trouble of many soldiers in every modern war against another military.
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 29th December 2011, 5:36 pm

Meatshield718 wrote:
Desert Sleepy wrote:
It's like fighting in a painting or some weird shit, they just seem to mold into the background. The people aren't as easy to distinguish as people are in other games, and it doesn't help that pretty much every character, Russian or American (or whatever, I'm assuming this is again Russian vs US), looks pretty much the same.

It's like real life or something!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself, but in all honesty that has been the trouble of many soldiers in every modern war against another military.

If they're going to keep the "gritty realism" aspect of not being able to distinguish friends from the enemy, then they need to also have some system to keep games from becoming a hodge podge of lone wolves. Maybe in real wars it's harder to tell enemies apart, but they also aren't sprinting alone past your front lines into your base to bomb a crate thing. What I'm saying is, if they're going with the "gritty realism" thing, they need to make it very realistic so there aren't a bunch of people who are the equivalent of Steven Seagal in a Steven Seagal movie* ruining the "gritty realism" vibe.

Since keeping people from going it alone and doing stupid shit is impossible, then they aren't ever going to get a good "gritty realism" vibe, and they might as well make it easy to tell people are the enemy to counteract them trying to Steven-Seagal-character it up.

*Steven Seagal is some shitty actor who makes shitty movies where he's always the hero and is always so badass that it's stupid. He wouldn't mesh well with a "realistic" war movie, similar to how lone wolf players, AKA 99 percent of all players in BF3 normal games, don't mesh well with a "realistic" war game. They're the Steven Seagals of Battlefield 3, going alone into the enemy base because they're unrealistically badass and don't need teamwork. Basically, first person shooter games will always make people into Steven Seagals, and pretty much the only way to counteract it would be to have a private role-playing server.

Anyway, that wasn't my main gripe about the looks of the game. My main gripe was the lack of contrast. I basically play some sight impaired soldier in a war full of hostile Steven Seagals. When I walk outside, it automatically takes a while to adjust to the sunlight, even if I just walked inside. Looking out of a sniper scope or unaiming causes things to go from blurry to clear, which has never happened for me in real life when aiming down any type of aiming mechanism on various things that need to be aimed (guns, crossbows, etc.). And for some reason my sight impaired guy can't distinguish characters form the background well, which I'm perfectly capable of doing in real life. The game just needs more contrast, and less blurriness. It feels too much like a painting.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 29th December 2011, 8:44 pm

No offense Desert, but write six paragraphs of griping all you want, I think you're the one who is blind, not the character in the game.

With regards to the last paragraph. I'm under the impression that you bought this game with unrealistically high expectations.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 29th December 2011, 8:48 pm

Jagdgeschwader wrote:No offense Desert, but write six paragraphs of griping all you want, I think you're the one who is blind, not the character in the game.

Nah. The game has low contrast between characters and environment, unlike real life, where it's perfectly clear. That, and all the various blur effects that don't actually happen in real life.

The last paragraph was about the above: Excessive blur effects and low contrast. Plenty of games don't have those problems.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 29th December 2011, 8:51 pm

Take into account that absolutely NOBODY, not just this site, but nobody shares your complaints.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  KGBOOM 29th December 2011, 8:56 pm

Admittedly, i share a few of Desert's complaints, but i thought they would have fixed them from the beta which is where i saw (or didn't see) some of the gripes.
KGBOOM
KGBOOM
God damn Sunlight

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 29th December 2011, 9:09 pm

Jagdgeschwader wrote:Take into account that absolutely NOBODY, not just this site, but nobody shares your complaints.

So nobody else thinks that the game has low contrast between enemies and the environment?

That's incredibly far fetched.

EDIT: An article on BF3's contrast. http://www.battlefield3online.com/color-contrast-battlefield-3-needs-change/2561/

My understanding of what contrast means tells me that his have more contrast, but apparently he says his have less contrast.

An example with voting: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1438468-what-battlefield-3-should-look-like-yes-thread-about-graphics.html

So, if you go by the numbers, nearly EVERYBODY shares my complaints, or at the very least thinks the game would be better with the changes I want. So it's not just far fetched, it's dead wrong.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 30th December 2011, 2:05 pm

OK, OK, OK, let me get something straight here, just because people think in an overwhelming number that it looks better, doesn't mean it was a complaint, and also doesn't mean that they spent their time to write a whole six paragraphs about the subject, or talk about it in detail like you are, so you have found one example, and I say one example because it's the same person twice, and are now using it against me as "Everybody". I think it looks better too, I also think Fallout 3 looked better without the green tint on everything, but that doesn't mean at all that I thought the original look was bad and complained about it.

Seriously, you just like to argue. So no, it's not incredibly far fetched at all. I mean, really, "Camouflage works on these soldiers! THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED! I can't tell who's who, their uniforms all look the same!" It's kind of stupid. I guess both sides would be wearing similar uniforms to reflect the environment, and if you can't tell someone wearing a black uniform, or something that highly contrasts the environment, like urban camouflage on Caspian border or something, then you're the one who is blind.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 30th December 2011, 2:34 pm

Jagdgeschwader wrote:OK, OK, OK, let me get something straight here, just because people think in an overwhelming number that it looks better, doesn't mean it was a complaint, and also doesn't mean that they spent their time to write a whole six paragraphs about the subject, or talk about it in detail like you are, so you have found one example, and I say one example because it's the same person twice, and are now using it against me as "Everybody". I think it looks better too, I also think Fallout 3 looked better without the green tint on everything, but that doesn't mean at all that I thought the original look was bad and complained about it.

Seriously, you just like to argue. So no, it's not incredibly far fetched at all. I mean, really, "Camouflage works on these soldiers! THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED! I can't tell who's who, their uniforms all look the same!" It's kind of stupid. I guess both sides would be wearing similar uniforms to reflect the environment, and if you can't tell someone wearing a black uniform, or something that highly contrasts the environment, like urban camouflage on Caspian border or something, then you're the one who is blind.

Please stop jag. You're arguing just to argue right now.

@Des, I agree. I have a hard time playing because im on a SD tv and the contrast problems along with lighting makes EVERYTHING hard to tell what it is.
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 30th December 2011, 7:48 pm

All I meant was that the people were too difficult to differentiate from the environment, whether they were camouflaged well or not, because of the game's contrast. If the game would let me take off the filters and play it without a layer of algae encasing everything I'd be fine.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 30th December 2011, 9:03 pm

So basically what you are saying is that the contrast should be less like real life because people lone wolf anyway so it shouldn't be realistic at all.

I agree that the contrast looks prettier in that persons image, but it is less like what it really is. Know what I'm saying?

Bad Company 2 looked beautiful because it had such strong contrast. It gave it a more cartoony kinda feel. In BF3 they went back to the more photo-realistic approach. As a result, this game also looks beautiful, but it's a big difference from the most recent Battlefield game.

I think it's just because it's different that people don't like it. You'll get used to it, and then you'll enjoy it.
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 30th December 2011, 10:32 pm

Desert Sleepy wrote:All I meant was that the people were too difficult to differentiate from the environment, whether they were camouflaged well or not, because of the game's contrast. If the game would let me take off the filters and play it without a layer of algae encasing everything I'd be fine.

Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 30th December 2011, 11:21 pm

I'm sure it'll be fine, I just dislike the overly dark algae filter. I plan on playing it some tonight, who knows, maybe it'll grow on me.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 1st January 2012, 4:45 pm

Been playing the game some more. It's significantly more fun now that I've improved a little, and have played on the desert levels. Not a fan of flashlights in the bright desert, but it doesn't pose much of a problem. I still haven't gone at it like I did in BC2, but it's getting closer.

It's also a lot more fun now that I've finally got a scope for the assault class, and have also learned how to snipe a bit better. Pistoling people is still pretty satisfying though.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 1st January 2012, 8:20 pm

^

Everything does turn better once you get better at the game.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 13th March 2012, 8:44 pm

I came.
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  ApocalypseVVolf. 13th March 2012, 8:48 pm

Tophat 44 wrote:

I came.

Hoo-fucking-ray, more reason to use the USAS-12 frag rounds.
ApocalypseVVolf.
ApocalypseVVolf.
Lykanthropos

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 13th March 2012, 8:50 pm

ApocalypseVVolf. wrote:
Tophat 44 wrote:

I came.

Hoo-fucking-ray, more reason to use the USAS-12 frag rounds.

Nope, they're patching EVERYTHING around the same time as the DLC's release.

Go to the battlelog and take a look.
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 14th March 2012, 3:29 am

Oh God.

Battlefield is not a game for dedicated CQC maps. Just watching the trailer of the entire map on fire makes me cringe.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 14th March 2012, 5:12 am

Jagdgeschwader wrote:Oh God.

Battlefield is not a game for dedicated CQC maps. Just watching the trailer of the entire map on fire makes me cringe.
My thoughts exactly.

It's awesome when by chance there's a shootout in the few indoors areas of the map, but seriously, Battlefield is not the game for indoors battle.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Cry Vengeance 14th March 2012, 6:44 am

You guys are thinking about this the wrong way.

Zombies.
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

http://www.undead-xbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 14th March 2012, 3:42 pm

Cry Vengeance wrote:You guys are thinking about this the wrong way.

Zombies.

This.

Also, i think its a good thing. The maps will drop after the patch that will fix EVERYTHING again so OP Frag Rounds should not be a problem. By the way, they're going to release 2 more DLC map packs after this, and the next one focuses on Large scale warfare, so there is no need to worry about maps. Finally, i think that the small maps will be a good change of pace, this way you get a good mix of all size maps.
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 15th March 2012, 3:35 am

Made in Finland wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

It's awesome when by chance there's a shootout in the few indoors areas of the map, but seriously, Battlefield is not the game for indoors battle.

It's funny, because on BC2 I would've thought it would be a clever idea. But BF3...

GOD NO.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 15th March 2012, 4:20 am

Jagdgeschwader wrote:
Made in Finland wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

It's funny, because on BC2 I would've thought it would be a clever idea. But BF3...

GOD NO.

Well im buying it. If you dont then i can record a bunch of games on there and upload them to attempt to change your mind once its out.
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 15th March 2012, 4:34 am

Oh I'll probably still buy it. And if they fix what's really wrong with CQC, namely OP frag rounds, I'm really just overreacting.

Still a little concerned, but I'm buying it most likely.

NEW MBTS IN THE COUNTER TO THIS DLC

Just jizzed a little. I assume next they'll be adding new factions?
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next