Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Triad OOC Discussion (formerly The Great Sigmatic Quiz) Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Triad OOC Discussion (formerly The Great Sigmatic Quiz) Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Triad OOC Discussion (formerly The Great Sigmatic Quiz) Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Triad OOC Discussion (formerly The Great Sigmatic Quiz) Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Triad OOC Discussion (formerly The Great Sigmatic Quiz) Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Triad OOC Discussion (formerly The Great Sigmatic Quiz) Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Triad OOC Discussion (formerly The Great Sigmatic Quiz) Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Triad OOC Discussion (formerly The Great Sigmatic Quiz) Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Triad OOC Discussion (formerly The Great Sigmatic Quiz) Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Triad OOC Discussion (formerly The Great Sigmatic Quiz) Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Triad OOC Discussion (formerly The Great Sigmatic Quiz) Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Triad OOC Discussion (formerly The Great Sigmatic Quiz) Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Triad OOC Discussion (formerly The Great Sigmatic Quiz)

+9
Desert Sleepy
Namorg
Pwnisher James
Slacker Hero
Dexta117
oO Coggy Oo
Meatshield718
Flasktoss55
Sigmatic Scholar
13 posters

Go down

Triad OOC Discussion (formerly The Great Sigmatic Quiz) Empty Triad OOC Discussion (formerly The Great Sigmatic Quiz)

Post  Sigmatic Scholar 17th January 2012, 3:42 pm

Oh look, it's me, the professy posting a topic in the forum game section. Time to be cryptic as shit. I mean, aren't I always? What's with the whole avatar thing with Eagle, Damen, and I? (That's rhetorical. I already know because I made it.)

Triad OOC Discussion (formerly The Great Sigmatic Quiz) TVC%20Full

Anywhoozies, as a prelude of things that may or may not come in the next few weeks (or not?!), I've prepared a short quiz to see who remembers what CANONICAL DETAILS about the SIGMATIC PLANE and a certain PREVIOUS FORUM ADVENTURE. Of course this is optional, as is participation in any topic in this subforum. (I am, obviously, not implying anything about this quiz being a prerequisite for a thing that may or may not happen. Nope. Not at all.) However, I'd really like to see what people know. The answers to some of these questions may or may not have actually been revealed to the UX community at large, but I'm not sure which have and which haven't, thus the quiz.

Should you choose to answer, please do so to the best of your knowledge/ability (more details are always better, but I understand that a lot of you guys are busy with your own lives) and send it to me via private message or something.

WELCOME... TO DIE.
------------------------------------------------
What is the Sigma?

What is a Sigma Matrix?

What is the Omega?

What is the Void?

Briefly explain the Wizard's motivation and method in MSPC.

How is a Devil Roar made?

Who is Professor Vanguard?

Who is Samuel Genesis?

Thank you, UX, and goodnight.

Last edited by Sigmatic Scholar on 26th January 2012, 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sigmatic Scholar
Sigmatic Scholar
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Triad OOC Discussion (formerly The Great Sigmatic Quiz) Empty Re: Triad OOC Discussion (formerly The Great Sigmatic Quiz)

Post  Flasktoss55 17th January 2012, 3:57 pm

The void consumed literally all of my cookies.

So pissed.
Flasktoss55
Flasktoss55
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Triad OOC Discussion (formerly The Great Sigmatic Quiz) Empty Re: Triad OOC Discussion (formerly The Great Sigmatic Quiz)

Post  Sigmatic Scholar 19th January 2012, 2:58 pm

I suppose I should clarify a few things and also bring back some attention to this thread after the blackout.

If word hasn't spread already, yes there is a forum game in the mix. These are things that are true:

It's the spiritual successor to MSPC
It's not a direct sequel
It's not going to feature the original stickmen
(but it will feature stickmen)
It takes place in the Sigmatic Plane sometime after the events of MSPC
There will not be RIDICULOUS ALCHEMY SESSIONS every other goddamn day
When I'll start it, NOBODY KNOWS. That depends on this thread right here!

You see, the reason I'm doing this quiz is to see how much you guys that were involved in MPSC remember, and to see if anyone else knows anything Sigmatic at all. So, if you'd like to participate in a game that is similar to MSPC, I would really appreciate you doing this and sending me your answers (even if they're all "I don't know." Actually especially if all the answers are "I don't know").

Also, it'd be supergreat if people could say whether or not they'd like to participate in this thread so I know how many people are interested. As of right now I plan for there being 10 players, although if a bunch of people do want to participate, I'd have absolutely no problem including a few minor bits of audience participation and maybe opening up a few more character slots.

Also (again), I took this screenshot of me working on this a while back, but the UX horizontal pixel limit for images prevented me from posting a picture of the full screen Sad and I figured I didn't want to waste bandwidth, so I saved it as a low quality jpg.

Triad OOC Discussion (formerly The Great Sigmatic Quiz) Teaser

Enjoy Smile Wink Cool
Sigmatic Scholar
Sigmatic Scholar
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 19th January 2012, 3:03 pm

My answer to all of these questions is Yes, I'd like an explanation and review.

Also, the void consumes my ability to do a thought out response of this quiz.
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  oO Coggy Oo 19th January 2012, 3:07 pm

I'd be interested in participating.
oO Coggy Oo
oO Coggy Oo
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  Dexta117 19th January 2012, 4:02 pm

oO Coggy Oo wrote:I'd be interested in participating.

+1, also I kinda already gave you my answers to this just before we entered the bunker Razz
Dexta117
Dexta117
The Man of Tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigmatic Scholar 19th January 2012, 4:17 pm

Meatshield718 wrote:My answer to all of these questions is Yes, I'd like an explanation and review.

Also, the void consumes my ability to do a thought out response of this quiz.
I'll probably post the answers Eagle gave to me (because they're good and I don't feel like taking my own quiz derp) after a day or two, but I'd like to see what answers I get first.

oO Coggy Oo wrote:I'd be interested in participating.
Awesome. And I got your very interesting answers so thank you I guess?

Dexta117 wrote:+1, also I kinda already gave you my answers to this just before we entered the bunker Razz
Right, I remember now.

Spoiler:
Sigmatic Scholar
Sigmatic Scholar
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 19th January 2012, 4:32 pm

Yeah, I'm interested.
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Slacker Hero 19th January 2012, 6:08 pm

Yes.
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Pwnisher James 19th January 2012, 6:10 pm

I'm possibly interested?
Pwnisher James
Pwnisher James

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorg 19th January 2012, 10:29 pm

100 fucking percent interested.
Namorg
Namorg
posts once a year

https://www.youtube.com/namorg12

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 19th January 2012, 11:04 pm

I'd love to participate in a forum game.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  snowwolf1996 19th January 2012, 11:07 pm

sure why the hell not
snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996

Back to top Go down

Post  . ADestroyer360 20th January 2012, 12:46 am

I'm glad MSPC it getting a sequel. I'll play.
. ADestroyer360
. ADestroyer360
DM Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post  ApocalypseVVolf. 20th January 2012, 2:43 am

Magnificent.

I am interested.
ApocalypseVVolf.
ApocalypseVVolf.
Lykanthropos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigmatic Scholar 20th January 2012, 3:44 am

Alrighty! Thanks for the response guys! So far 13 people have expressed interest.

Eagle
Damen
Meatshield
Coggy
Dexta
Flask
Slacker
Pwnisher James (he says with a question mark)
Namorg
DesertSleepy
Snowwolf
ADestroyer
ApocalypseVVolf

Thirteen is more than ten (number of characters planned and ready), but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Now I think I've got enough quizes back from people to figure out what I needed to know. Time for your reading assignment class! (I'll be using Eagle's answers and commenting on them because they're pretty and also get right to the point) SORRY FOR THE COMING WALL OF TEXT.

What is the Sigma?
The Sigma is the essential essence of reality--a strange pseudoscientific fusion of matter and energy that creates and bonds all things. Understanding of the inner workings of Sigma, then, can allow users to manipulate reality through it.

Don't think I could say it better. The Sigma started as a joke between Eagle and me, but then we (with the help of UX and MSPC of course!) built a universe around it.

What is a Sigma Matrix?
A Sigma Matrix is a set--a local Sigma Matrix is comprised of the Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Sigma nodes, latent within (as well as as a part of) the objects that make up the environment, that store and send energy and information.

There is a whole lot of established canon regarding Sigmatic Theory and what a Sigma Matrix is and how it works, and what a submatrix is. It's likely that the population of UX at large doesn't really care. Contact me if you really really want to know.

What is the Omega?
The Omega is chaotic energy, the extent of which is not fully understood by mortal beings. It is similar to Sigma, but its constant "spiraling" state contributes to its lack of stability. Sheer uncontrollable force, there is a sect in the Sigmatic plane, of beings that believe it can be put to a practical use.

Things involving the Omega are often called "corrupt." An example is the way Genesis spoke derisively in MPSC. From that root, the phrase "By Cor" or other references to corruption are common as casual profanity.

What is the Void?
The Void is an entropic rift between dimensions, where spatial relationships between objects are insubstantial and time is nonlinear.

The final fight in MSPC is a great representation of the chaos inherent in the Void.

Briefly explain the Wizard's motivation and method in MSPC.
Though the Wizard operated on multiple levels, his goal was ultimately megalomanical. His motivation was simply power, but as he gained more, he became deeply intertwined with the Sigma without understanding it, eventually becoming a part of the Void itself.

How is a Devil Roar made?
Step I: Cut a hole in a box.
Step II: Put some souls in the box.
Step III: Get her to open the box.
And that's how you do it. Honestly there's a toothpaste joke in here somewhere but it's not coming out right now.

I'd also add how the Wizard used corpses by painting (maybe in blood? I forget) α, β, γ, Σ, and Ω symbols on them in a macabre Sigmatic alchemical ritual, because that part gets into the idea of a submatrix, which might be important.

Who is Professor Vanguard?
Professor Vanguard is a denizen of the Sigmatic Plane--his skill with the Sigma affords him abilities akin to those of an archmage. He possesses a renegade sense of wanderlust that urges him toward anywhere he might discover new things, embark on adventure, and further his knowledge; however, his immense knowledge of the workings of the Sigma resulted in him being used by the military for the remedial job of data entry, a job from which he constantly seeks distraction.

Who is Samuel Genesis?
Samuel Genesis is a high-ranking officer of the Sigmatic Army; his approach in leading forces is akin to that of a paladin, as he seeks with great fervor to eradicate anything that might be deemed "corrupt". Genesis operates primarily through force, but is capable of careful manipulation of the Sigma Matrices that construct reality.

NOW THAT THE QUIZ IS TAKEN CARE OF... Any questions about it before I move on to something else (probably tomorrow some time).

ALSO! If you haven't already done so, reading MSPC would be superhelpful in understanding everything Sigmatic.
Sigmatic Scholar
Sigmatic Scholar
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  Slacker Hero 20th January 2012, 4:17 pm

if i see that fucking god dog one more time....
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugeth8 20th January 2012, 6:26 pm

I return from my slumber to participate in this forum game
Kugeth8
Kugeth8
I don't miss.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dexta117 20th January 2012, 7:14 pm

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY GOD DOG, FOR HE HAS RETURNED Very Happy
Dexta117
Dexta117
The Man of Tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigmatic Scholar 29th January 2012, 11:09 pm

This just in: I have no idea how to draw cities and streets. Oh well.
Sigmatic Scholar
Sigmatic Scholar
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down