Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
The Diary of Shao. Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
The Diary of Shao. Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
The Diary of Shao. Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
The Diary of Shao. Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
The Diary of Shao. Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
The Diary of Shao. Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
The Diary of Shao. Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
The Diary of Shao. Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
The Diary of Shao. Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
The Diary of Shao. Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
The Diary of Shao. Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
The Diary of Shao. Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

The Diary of Shao.

+17
snipdawg
Carmine
BLACK SNOW 13
mboddz751
Garquin
xTPM
ABigSoggy Wafle
JooJooKaJoo
Masterofkills09
INC Dalton
Phatnutsack
DeadApe
Namorg
Meatshield718
Cry Vengeance
AaUndeadMarine
Zomando
21 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Diary of Shao. Empty The Diary of Shao.

Post  Zomando 24th October 2009, 1:31 pm

ENTRY ONE:

My name is JB Purcell, but my name given at birth was JB Shao. I've always wanted to be a writer. Maybe write articles in a medical journal, or a novel. I never got the chance.

I guess I'll give some information about myself, so whoever finds this knows more about the writer. Well, my father was said to be one of the most feared yakuza bosses in the city. My mother said this was a lie, but now she's dead, and what does her opinion count for anyway? When I was 18, my father was sent to jail. My mother, full of shame, sent me to Los Santos where I later received my MHD and PHD. Through college, I was known for my very strong opinions. A few years after college, I was utterly shunned from the medical field because of my theories on government conspiracies and such. They called me a joke, and no one wanted to hire me. But then I had an idea: Why not follow the footsteps of my father?

I moved back to Liberty City, and began my new career. It all started when I joined an underground fight club. I wasn't as big as the others, but I was faster. While they were just executing a simple brawling style, I was executing Kung-Fu. One night, I was approached by a Italian looking man in a suit.

"Your a great fighter, kid."
"Thanks."
"How are you with killing for money?"

Before I knew it, I was a part-time hitman for the Ancelotti Crime Family. Nothing very serious, but the pay was good. I felt like I was gonna be somebody. Many months have passed until this shit started going down.

ENTRY TWO:

It's been a two weeks since the infection hit, and it's been going just fine. I've stumbled upon a large, organized group of survivors. They call themselves 'The Community'. Those things are on the outside, we're on the inside. We've barricaded ourselves inside an abandoned warehouse. We have weapons, food, two helicopters, and enough supplies to last us a year. I'm one of the only doctors there. Apart from me, there's a Army Medic who calls himself Daniel. I really think were gonna make it!

ENTRY THREE:

I don't know what happened wrong. The fuckers got in. We all got separated.

I just don't know.

I found myself searching for weapons in Hove Beach when I heard an emergency broadcast. It sounded like the Army. It ordered anyone in the area to report to the boat docked in South Dukes, and I got there as fast as I could. When I got there, I found out it was just Daniel, the one that was back at the Warehouse. We didn't really get to know each other, so he asked me my name.

"JB, JB Shao."

Then we saw some more from the warehouse. The ones who called themselves John and Vito, also back from the Warehouse. Along with them was a priest, he had an odd scar, a british accent, and a crazy look in his eye.

"Stop staring at me, you FUCK." I said to him, but his insane eye just followed me where ever I would go.. I went to Daniel for advice.

"That Priest. You better keep an eye on that jew." I said.

All was calm, and Vito decided to go out for an ammo run. When he returned, he brought a horde of monsters with him. We held them off for as long we could. Before I knew it, we were surrounded, and the others disappeared, I ran. I tried to climb to safety, but one of those monsters clawed my back. I was cut deep, and when they were distracted, I limped to safety. I found an old apartment and barricaded myself inside.

ENTRY 3:
I had no idea how to deal with the wound, but I did everything I could. I might have stumbled upon a rabies case once or twice, but this was extremely unfamiliar. Zombies? How Zombies? I felt myself going insane in that goddamn apartment. Every time I dozed off, I see visions of dying. I've probably been in here for three days with little food and water. Am I going to become one of those things? I'm too scared to go outside. I have to find something to do.

Something.

ENTRY 4:

I saw this shit coming. GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACIES. You could tell they were trying to hide something. Nuclear testing, whatever. They were trying to make the world better, but they just fucked it up.

I did all that I could, and I felt myself regaining strength. I thought I was ready to finally leave the apartment, so I headed out the door. Just as I entered the street, I was greeted by the roar of 3 helicopters. Was it the army? Was it someone back from the warehouse? Before I could find out they were blocks ahead of me.

"HEY! WAIT! I'M DOWN HERE!!!" I yelled, but no one answered.

As fast as they came, they were gone. My voice had echoed down the streets, and then it hit me. Every undead fuck probably heard my voice and was sprinting towards me right at that second. Panic-filled, I ran down an alleyway, then another, and so on. My lungs were on fire, and I swore I could hear fast footsteps. Were those monsters behind me? Or was it another survivor? I saw an Antique Shop and I knew it would be a perfect place to hide. I ran inside and began putting everything I could in front of the door, and when that was finished, I rested. I looked around. The place smelled like shit and was full of useful weapons. I decided to take a look around in the back rooms. Well, I found the source of the smell. It seemed like the owner shot himself with a pump shotgun. Why would he kill himself if he had all this food? Behind a sheet of glass, I saw a Katana with a Black Handle. I kicked out the glass and held it in my hands. It reminded me of my childhood, my father taught me how to use one and I never forgot. This also reminded me of how much I missed him.

ENTRY 5:

It's been a week, and I've decided to head out. I stocked up on a glock, surgical knife, and the Katana. When I got outside, I was greeted by a heavy fog. With the Katana tied to my back, I began my journey down the abandoned streets. I tried to stick to the shadows, and keep quiet. I lost track of how many streets I traveled when I was alarmed by the sound of footsteps. I stopped dead in my tracks.

"Well, Well, Well, What the fuck do we have here?" The words echoed, and I didn't know the origin. Where was the voice coming from? I called out into the fog.

"Hel-Hello?"

I traveled down another block, and then realized it. I was completely lost. Where should I go? Left? Right? I took out my knife and moved slowly down the street.

I was lost, and had no idea what to do.

Last edited by JBPURCELL on 11th February 2010, 10:36 am; edited 6 times in total
Zomando
Zomando
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

The Diary of Shao. Empty My Father, Lee JB Shao.

Post  Zomando 24th October 2009, 1:31 pm

ENTRY 6:

I was terrified, and it didn't help me any when I felt a gun pointing at my back. "Looks like we got a little Japanese prick on our hands." one said.

"You got that right, check out his little sword." said the other.

"What do you wanna do with him?" said the first one.

"What the fuck do you think? Were gonna take everything he has, then were gonnAGH-"

He stopped mid-sentence. When I turned around, I saw a long, blood-soaken blade sticking out of his stomach.

"Tachisaru." the killer calmly whispered to the other criminal, and I now knew the murderer was Japanese. The other ran off as fast as he could. I turned to greet my hero and I saw he was an old Asian man.

I smiled and said. "Thanks a lot, man. Those guys would've probably-"

"SHUUSHI." He interrupted, he continued quietly in Japanese, " You are master of the sword, yes?" I suppose he saw the sword on my back.

"Hai." I replied. (That means yes in Japanese, if you didn't guess.)

"Ahh," he continued, "You live like a Samurai, you die like a Samurai."

The old man came at me, sword raised and screaming. Without thinking, I took out my sword and fought back. I didn't want to kill this man, but I had to defend myself. The battles went for another few minutes. We were in our on world. We completely channeled out the Armageddon around, the world consisted only of him, me, and our weapons. The old man brought one last fatal swipe, but I dodged it and hit his sword to the ground.

"You fight very well." said the old Japanese man. He took a good long look in my eyes.

"Like...like my son." he said.

I then knew exactly who it was. It was my Father. I dropped my sword and ran over to him. I embraced him in a warm hug.

"Dad I can't believe your alive!"
"What? Am I old man?"
"No, just with all the shit going on.."
"Come, I'll take you to my 'hideout'."

ENTRY 7:

We traveled in the shadows for about three blocks. When we arrived, I found out that his 'hideout' was only an old laundromat.

"Come." he calmly said. We went through the back door. When we got inside, he locked the door in three places. I turned around to take a good look at the place, and HOLY shit. The place had everything. Food, coffee, weapons, microwave, a TV, and much more electronics.

"Everything's battery-powered, my son." Dad said. "For the electricity had gone out days ago, and I am now relying on double and triple-A's."

"Well, do you get any picture on the TV?" I asked.

"I have got some advertisement. It's from down south. I'm guessing there's still civilization down there.. I guess that's where the helicopters are going." He replied.

"What? What helicopters?" I said.

"The Helicopters! They're all around!" He shouted. "They've been picking guys up all around the city. Everyone's being evacuated."

Was it the guys from back at the warehouse? Or was it the Army? Navy? Government? I needed to get out of the city. I need to get down south. "Do you know where the Helicopters are flying around?" I asked.

"Yes, I'll take you there in the van." He replied quietly.

ENTRY 8:

I was waiting in the back of the van for what it felt like an hour. Every so often, Dad would run into one of those monsters and swear quietly. Finally, the van stopped, and Dad opened the back doors.

"Be Alert, Young Shao." He said. he then handed me a glock pistol.

"How can I find you?" I asked.

"Just look up." He said. I did so, And I saw a large bridge. The laundromat was just on the side of the large monument.

"Thanks, Dad." I said.

"No Son, Thank You." He said. He gave me a warming hug, and got in the van.

"Wait! Dad!" I shouted.

"What, what is it?" He replied.

"Is it true, about you being the most feared yakuza boss and everything?" I asked.

He opened the van door and walked over to me.

"It is as true as this sword is beautiful."

He handed me his own katana. I tied it to my back as he drove away. And just like that, I was on my own and waiting for something that would probably never arrive.

Last edited by JBPURCELL on 11th February 2010, 10:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

The Diary of Shao. Empty Infection Theories.

Post  Zomando 24th October 2009, 1:32 pm

ENTRY 9:

In my time alone, I've began studying the undead that are inhabiting the city, or maybe even the world. It seems they're just reanimated corpses that are motivated by human flesh, but there are many questions that come along with this. Where did they come from? Why human flesh? Etc, etc.

On the topic of where they came from, I believe government testing, others may believe different. When you think about it, the possibilities are endless. On the undead themselves, they are powered only by the brain. They aren't in need of stomach, heart, bladder, etc.. I've seen one that had no legs or arms, just crawling....never tiring.

Back at the warehouse, the others were talking about the different infected they saw, and I didn't think twice about taking notes. Some saw slower ones, and some saw sprinting ones. One man said he saw one that was like the popular comic-book hero 'The Hulk'. He stated it could throw large pieces of concrete and
'gamma-crush'. I still don't know what this means, but his 'findings' are probably false.. Others saw some the ability to spontaneously combust, or explode. With the combination of my theories and their studies, I've came up with this:

If you happened to be bitten by one of these "zombies", you'll become one of them. The time between changes varies. It could be months or minutes. Becoming infected, your skin wastes away along with basic intellect. In some cases, some of them have changed in a drastically different way. Some have gained extreme strength and muscle, others have become explosive. These changes may depend on blood type, but I'm not 100% sure.

As I've said before, they run on human flesh, but how do they find it? It might just be by sighting a human, but if my calculations are correct, they can smell it.

If I find anything else out, I'll write it down immediately

Last edited by JBPURCELL on 11th February 2010, 10:54 am; edited 3 times in total
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

The Diary of Shao. Empty The United States of Crusher.

Post  Zomando 24th October 2009, 1:33 pm

ENTRY 10:

The hours of silent searching were broken by the sound of breathing. I was beginning to get the feeling I was being watched. I heard footsteps, and before I knew it, I was punched to the ground. On the way down, I hit my head on an electric pole.

I was out cold.

ENTRY 11:

Hours later, I woke up with my hands tied behind my back in a dark cell. When I looked to my left, I saw that I wasn't alone. It was an African American man, also tied up, wearing an old, ripped hat and a black jacket. He had a cold look in his eye and he was sporting a rough beard.

"Who, who the fuck are you?" He asked threateningly.

"JB, My name's JB Shao." I said calmly.

"My name's Brennan." He replied. He took a long look around. "Balls, JB." he said while pointing to the corner of the cell with his foot. "Are those yours?" I saw that he was pointing to my katanas.

"Yeah, they are." I replied. He took a deep breath.

"You know how to use them?" He asked politely.

"You don't even know the half of it," I said to him with a smile.

"Nice." He stated while looking around. "You and me are gonna break out of this pla-" He stopped at the sound of footsteps. I could tell two men where approaching the cell.

"We found the black one near Star Junction. The other in Northwood, Sarge." One of the voices claimed.

"Good, did they get bitten?" Asked the other.

"We haven't checked yet, Sarge." Answered the other.

The two entered the cell. The first was what seemed to be a man in his early twenties, he was in a black uniform and was holding a gun. The other was a large man, with a full black beard and shaven head. He approached me first.

"So, you little Chinese prick." he said. "Did one of those things bite you?"

"No, not yet." I replied calmly. He then approached the Brennan.

"What about you?" He said. Brennan turned his head. I could see that he was bitten on the neck.

"Ahh." he said while taking out a cigarette. "Well, since in the long run, I'm gonna kill both of you fuckers, I'll be nice enough to tell you what's going on around here. My name is Sargent Harolds, I'm in charge of the Special Operations squad taking care of Liberty City. We have assembled two bases. Right now, you are in our first, an Algonquin police station. The other is located Francis International Airport."

"Why do you wanna kill us?" I interrupted.

"Well if you were kind enough to let me fucking finish, I would've told you. About half a month ago, we were given the order to evacuate all survivors. No problem there, but about a week ago, we were given new orders. We were told to exterminate all living things found, human or zombie. We've been given the idea that the infection is airborne, and if you're too stupid to know what that means, it means your breathing in the disease. We're not 100% sure.." He took a long pause to smoke his cigarette and look me straight in the eye. "But were not taking any chances."

He let out a hearty yawn. "Well, Private Smith, take care of the black one. We'll decide what to do with the Chinese one. I gotta take a shit." He said while leaving the cell. Private Smith approached Brennan slowly. While the Private was loading his gun, the black man gave me a concealed wink. I could then tell that he was cutting the ropes that were constricting his hands. Without warning, he sprung from his chair and pushed the Private back. The Brennan delivered a perfect roundhouse kick to Private Smith.

"JB! CATCH!" He said as he threw me a katana. Before Private Smith could recover from the shock, I brought the katana's blade down upon him. His organs slowly fell to the floor while his blood sprayed on my face and torso.

"Damn, JB. You CAN use that thing. Well, let's go, my van's probably still in the parking lot." He said while he ran towards the cell door. I picked up the other katana and followed him. Down the hall, we encountered a guard. Before he could fire, Brennan struck him in the face and sent him towards the floor. While the guard was on the ground, Brennan brought his foot down on the soldier's skull with full force. The body laid there a bloody mess.

"That's why they call me CRUSHER, Motherfucker!" He proclaimed. After a few minutes of searching, we found the exit. His van was still in the parking lot, so I sprinted into the trunk seat. He started the engine and we hauled ass out of there.

ENTRY 12:

"Listen, JB. we gotta find a place to hide out." Crusher said while maneuvered around the undead in the road. I didn't have any ideas, so I pretended to fall asleep in the back seat. After a few miles, we were alerted by the sound of helicopters.

"What the fuck? They're following us. They're pretty close to the ground too." Crusher said curiously. Suddenly, the choppers opened fire. "FUCK! JB GET YOUR JAPANESE ASS UP HERE IN THE FRONT SEAT!" I struggled into the seat and buckled myself in. "Here." He said while handing me a Micro-SMG. "Keep those assholes off us." I broke the window and aimed my gun at the helicopters. I opened fire blindly, but I wasn't sure if I was doing any damage, so I hung half my body out the window to get a better shot. I opened fire on the pilot and managed to get a few good shots at his right arm. He swerved out of control and hit the ground. He slid down the road and eventually collided with a parked car. One down, one to go. I reloaded and then aimed at the next pilot.

"HOLD ON!" Brennan yelled. I then saw that he was heading towards a ramp at full speed. The van flew through the air while I was still hanging out, and I mostly remembered screaming. We landed on the highway and continued our daring chase. I was running out of ammo, so I turned around and made every bullet count. Practically every bullet hit the pilot and the chopper was going down. He began sliding on the highway towards us faster and faster. Brennan then saw a break in the outer barrier of the road. He drove straight through the opening. While we flew towards the ground, the helicopter exploded above us.

We were safe.

ENTRY 13:

After three days of searching, we found a multi-level parking complex. We decided to barricade the openings and make shelter on the top level. We began searching for food, weapons, and survivors. In our searches, we only found a few weapons and three survivors. Yesterday, we had our daily search, but Brennan didn't return.

Before we could try and find him, we heard something. When we went to take a look and we saw it. It was a horde of those things. We scurried to the top level of the parking garage and took position. We began to defend the top level. After a few minutes of firing I looked to sky. It was a helicopter. The pilot had a megaphone and announced the following:

"CLEAR OUT THE TOP LEVEL AND I'LL BE ABLE TO LAND!"

We continued to hold those monsters off, but I looked down to figure out that I was almost out of ammo. When I looked up, I was in complete shock. The other three survivors were dead and there were two more helicopters in the sky. It were the Special Ops forces. How did they find us?! They shot my ticket to safety out of the goddamn sky. I was doomed. I was screwed. I was fucked. The Special Ops were taking care of most of the zombies, but the remaining were still coming after me. With what little ammo I had left, I shot one in the head.

I had no other choice. I ran to the ledge and jumped off.

Surprisingly, I didn't die. Or get hit by the undead who jumped for me. I was lying there surrounded by chaos, groans, and gunfire. After an hour it stopped.

~~~~

I've been lying here, with a broken, or sprained leg. I can't walk. I can barely move. All I can do is wait.

Just..

..Wait..

Last edited by JBPURCELL on 12th February 2010, 9:20 pm; edited 5 times in total
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

The Diary of Shao. Empty Westdyke Memorial.

Post  Zomando 24th October 2009, 1:34 pm

ENTRY 14:

I woke up in a hospital, and I found myself asking, Was it over? Was it all a dream? I couldn't move my right leg very well. I tried to call out, but my voice was too sore. Without warning, a man walked in the room. His head was shaven, and he smelled of cleaning equipment.

"Look who's awake." He said to me with a smile. "You've been out for a pretty long time."

"Is it over?" I asked him.

"Not even close!" He replied with a chuckle.

"Where am I?" I asked him.

"Westdyke Memorial Hospital. We've been gathering survivors for some time now.." I wiped my eyes to get a closer look. I then saw it was Vito, back from the warehouse. "We were stationed up North, but then some asshole left the door open. Or something along those lines, It was long ago, I can't remember, but I do remember losing a lot of survivors that day. We've been searching until we found this place. The ambulances are still kicking, so we've been using those to go out and find survivors. Some never make it back. The ones that do make it usually have to fight the horde they attract. Some get wounded and eventually die. That would never happened if Doctor Taylor died..."

"I'm a doctor." I interrupted. "I can help out here if you want."

"What about your leg? We found you lying on top of a corpse, you were wincing in pain..." Vito replied.

"I jumped from the roof, and I suppose the body broke my fall. I'm guessing it's sprained. Let's see, if I move it like thi-FUCKING! Yeah, it's sprained, and I'll need someone to help me wrap it up, then I'll be ready to help you guys."

ENTRY 15:

It's been a month and a half here and I've recognized the schedule. There are routine survivor searches everyday. Two ambulances go out while the rest of the crew stays and watches the building. We also go out and search for food and weapons. The doors are automatically locked from 12am-7am, so the rest of the day they have to be barricaded.

There are 13 of us, and the following happened today:

It started like any other day at the hospital. We had our breakfast consisting of stale cereal and water, and then the guys went out to look for survivors. When they returned, they brought the undead with them. This has happened many times before, so we were prepared. We all gathered in the lobby and fought them off. About seven minutes later, the horde was dead.

"Shit, Vito. I think I got bitten by one of those things." Will said. So we rushed him to a bed and examined him. We look all over but found no marks. He still claimed that he felt nauseous. He began to vomit blood all over the room.

"BACK THE FUCK UP! HE CAN BE INFECTED!" I yelled. "Holy shit, take a look at him." He was getting very pale, and showed most of the symptoms of one who was undergoing the infection process. It can't be true. That man can't be right. I took a seat and held my head in my hands.

"JB, what's wrong?" Vito asked me.

"I've heard that the infection is airborne." I replied.

"That's probably just in some cases. For example, Will's. What are we gonna do?" He said.

"He's infected." I said while taking out my pistol. "We gotta let him go."

Zak, a not-so-peaceful man, overheard this, and suddenly took out his gun and pointed it at me. "We ain't doing shit. This guy's been by my side since the start of all this madness. I'm not gonna let you kill him." I then saw that Vito was pointing his gun at Zak.

"Were all just calm the fuck down. We'll strap him into the bed, and figure out the rest tomorrow. Got it?" Vito decided. Zak left the room furious. Vito gave me a distressed look and left the room also.

I'll write again when it's all sorted out.

Last edited by JBPURCELL on 12th February 2010, 9:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

The Diary of Shao. Empty Chopper VS. Chopper.

Post  Zomando 24th October 2009, 1:34 pm

ENTRY 16:

I woke up the next morning with too much on my mind. When I entered Will's bedroom, I saw that he was completely infected. But from what Vito told me, if Will was killed, Zak was taking someone's life in exchange. "He's an important member of our group. He has the best shot and he's been carrying his weight pretty well." Vito claimed. I guess I just have to see how things go.

The guys were having their routine search, but they wanted me to come along this time. Being a doctor, they expected me to come up with answers. They said that yesterday, Will had stumbled into a Burger Shot up North and alerted a horde on the search. With my sprained leg, they didn't think I'd be much help. So, we took a look in the hospital garage, and we've stumbled upon a motorcycle.

The ambulances traveled South, I journeyed North ... Alone.

ENTRY 17:

After about 15 minutes, I finally found the Burger Shot. With sawed-off shotgun in hand, I approached the entrance doors. Looking through the windows, I saw about seventy of those things crammed into the small building. They were gathered around a fresh, human. I couldn't hear his screaming, but I could oddly feel it. Will was probably surrounded by the undead, in a small, congested area. It was probably caused by the close contact, or maybe being breathed on by one of them, ...maybe.

Before they got a chance to see me, I limped back onto the motorcycle and sped off.

ENTRY 18:

On my way back, I was rudely greeted by the sound of helicopters. From past experiences, I knew what to do: Get the fuck out of there. But before I could I recover from the shock, the bullets began erupting around me. I went down alleyways, under bridges, and down staircases, but the thing always knew which way to go. Instead of going down the road, I found an opportunity to lose them. I sped right through a fence and into an alley way, BAD FUCKING IDEA. I swerved out of control, hit a curb, fell of the bike, and landed unconscious next to a dumpster.

When I woke up, I saw the helicopter in the street, and a soldier coming towards me. I couldn't make out what he was trying to say. He brought his foot down on my stomach, so I guess he wanted me to get up. With my hand in my coat, I obeyed his order slowly. But to his surprise, I sent my katana into his left leg. The blade sliced right through his foot, and to be honest, I didn't expect that to happen. He wobbled towards me with his arms raised, but I rammed my sword through his neck. I remember quite well blood getting in my eye. I never thought blood stung that bad. I then limped back to the motorcycle, and made my escape. About ten minutes later, I was found by the helicopters again. The chopper came down low and sent a mirage of bullets into my back wheel. I lost my balance and rolled down the street. When I came to a stop, I got on my feet and ran into an alley, and bullets followed. I was too afraid to come out of the alley. After minutes of deciding what to do, I made a mad dash to a parked car. It was my lucky fucking day, the keys were on the dashboard. I started the car and hauled ass back to Westdyke Memorial.

ENTRY 18:

Night filled the sky overhead while I pulled up to the front curb of the hospital. Right then and there, it hit me. I checked my phone. 12:17 am. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. FUCK. I was locked out. I panicked. I yelled at the door, but no one answered. I tried to calm myself, I'll just come back in the morning.

In..

in the morning..

It's gonna be a long night.

Last edited by JBPURCELL on 12th February 2010, 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

The Diary of Shao. Empty The Longest Night.

Post  Zomando 24th October 2009, 1:35 pm

ENTRY 19:

12:10 am:

It was at this time that I began my walk to shelter. I couldn't sleep near the door, I would be torn apart in my sleep. I could barricade myself in an apartment or something along those lines.

About a block and a half later, I was greeted by an odd sound. Starting low and then getting louder. Motorcycles? It couldn't be. I turned around to see about six speeding towards me. I highly doubted that they wanted to help me. They began circling me, and I was trapped.

"Well, well. looks like we got a little Asian prick on our hands." One said.

"Let's blow his fucking brains out." another stated.

"NO. FUCK NO. Were going fuck him up with our bare hands. Lets go Angels." Another said. This one was probably the leader. Calmly, I responded.

"Just leave me alone. I don't want to kill you." I said quietly.

"OHHHH, A tough guy, huh?! You don't fuck with the Angels of Death, pal." The first one said. He walked towards me with a bat in his hand. He swung with great force, and I ducked right in time. I grabbed it from him and threw at his face. Even though I was in the darkness, I could faintly see the teeth and blood fly. Two more approached me. The first one sent a punch to my face, but I ducked and delivered an uppercut to his jaw. I approached the other one and chopped at his shoulder forcefully, and this followed with a kick to the biker's chest. One more ran at me, and I dodged his attack and threw a kick to the back of his head. Without warning, I was surprised with a punch to the back of my head. I fell to the ground. The remaining two repeatedly kicked me while I was down. I caught a foot and twisted it thoroughly, hearing a loud crack. I returned to my feet. One of them threw a right hook, which I dodged and returned with a roundhouse kick to the face. I saw the last one stumbling away. I then saw, in a better light, that it was the leader.

"Come on, man! Don't kill me! I can take you back to the clubhouse! We got food! We got guns! Us and the others can survive!" He begged. As he rambled on, I slowly took out my sword. I then interrupted him with a forceful swoop of my blade. The attack had taken off his arm. He began to scream while the blood sprayed in all directions. Without mercy, I then took off his other arm. He fell to the ground, soaked in blood. I then sent the katana's blade into his forehead. The screaming stopped. I picked up his jacket, and put it on. The last thing I needed in a time like this was a cold. The silence was broken by groans. The dying fucker probably attracted every undead corpse in the mile-radius. I ran for two blocks, hoping to lose them. When I turned around, I saw them still sprinting at me. I looked down the street. I saw the silhouettes of 3 men. Survivors? They looked armed. I yelled out to them for help. They responded with a mirage of bullets, and I tried to duck out of the way. I saw the bodies fall around me. Seconds later, the bullets stopped. Surprisingly, I was left unscathed. I returned to my feet and walked over to them.

"Jeez, thanks. I probably would've died without your help." I said to them.

"No problem." One responded. When he came into the glow of a street light, I saw exactly who it was. It was Brennan. I gave him a warm hug.

"Um, you know this guy?" One of accomplices asked.

"Fuck yeah I know this guy! JB, these are the guys I've been traveling with lately. The one asking the questions is Devin, and the annoying little asshole is Seth." He said, and I introduced myself. Brennan continued. "The van's low on gas, so we've been looking for a gas station. I'm pretty sure there's one about three blocks away. Where've you been hiding out?"

"Westdyke Memorial, I'm with others. Once we get some gas we'll head over there." I responded.

"Sounds like a plan. Let's get moving." Brennan replied.

1:23 am:

To our relief, Seth was able to pick the lock of the back door. We walked in the hospital with no problem. We woke up Zak. He had a gun with him. "What the fuck? Who are these people, JB?" He said while having a firm grip on his 12-gauge.

"It's okay. They just want to stay with us." I said while Vito walked in the room, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He did not look happy. An argument ensued, and Vito claimed that there wasn't enough room, which he was somewhat right. I argued, saying that we could squeeze in. I also stated that they had no where else to go, but Vito felt no sympathy.

"There's just no room! They could also be infected!" Vito argued. Brennan looked to the ground, embarrassed. "JB, you can stay. We need you, but your friends, I'm sorry. They have to go."

"Fine." I replied. "If they go, I go."

"JB! We need you!" Vito exclaimed.

"You have all the equipment you need, and there's probably manuals lying around here somewhere. But if one of them are in need of medical attention, they're fucked. I'm sorry, Vito, but we may see each other again though." I said to him. I said my goodbyes to the rest of the residents of Westdyke Memorial.

"That's freaking great. What are we gonna do? Where are we gonna go now?!" Seth complained.

"Seth, SHUT THE FUCK UP. I gotta place we can go. Don't worry." Brennan said.

2:03 am:

We began our journey. Brennan and the others traveled in the van while I followed closely on my motorcycle.

3:06 am:

We made a pit-stop at an abandoned gas station.

3:31 am:

We raided an Italian Restaurant. Al Dente's, If I remember correctly.

3:58 am:

We collected supplies from a Perseus clothing store, and an outdoor-and-camping equipment store.

4:39 am:

We arrived.

4:46 am:

We began unloading the van. We took a look around. Across the street was a police station. That's probably loaded with weapons and supplies, I thought to myself. We followed Brennan down a long ramp to an underground parking station. We put down our equipment while Brennan brought down the van.

5:04 am:

We entered the Police Station, and collected supplies. Along with Police-Issued weapons, we found confiscated weapons, and a shitload of them at that. Jackpot.

5:15 am:

We returned underground. Brennan showed us something very important. With just the push a button, a steel gate came down on the entrance. Perfect. We're safe.

This is Home.

This is Home, now.

Last edited by JBPURCELL on 13th February 2010, 1:14 pm; edited 5 times in total
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

The Diary of Shao. Empty Safety Underground.

Post  Zomando 24th October 2009, 1:37 pm

ENTRY 20:

We've been living underground in a parking garage/facility for a day now.

With me our the following:

Brennan, the black man. He's a trigger-happy lunatic, but he's a good friend. He looks out for his buddies. He goes by the nickname "Crusher."

Devin, the wise one. He knows the city the best out of all of us. He said that he had a helicopter and was evacuating survivors (Was he one of the many pilots evacuating survivors out of the city? Not sure yet.), but his chopper crashed. He met up with Brennan in Alderney.

Seth, my least favorite of the three. He's in his late teens, and he's annoying as fuck. He always tells us "not to worry.", but he's the bitchiest of the group. So far, all I know he can do is pick locks. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure he's useless. Devin and Brennan found him broken down in an apartment with a gun to his head. Devin has assumed the role of the group's Leader. I have no problem with this. He knows what he's doing. With our safehouse, we have found a door to some upstairs apartments. With the sleeping arrangements, Brennan sleeps in the back of the van, and the rest sleep in tents.

Supplies List:

CLOTHING

-Green Jacket
-Black T-shirt
-Jeans
-Perseus Dress Suit

WEAPONS

-1 pistol (I gave my second pistol to Brennan)
-Surgical Knife
-My Katana
-Father's Katana

Just making sure how I'm doing so far, and seeing that I don't forget anything. I'll write again... soon.

ENTRY 21:

While the Armageddon rages on above, the four of us are taking refuge underground. With not having to worry about the undead, I've been given a lot of time to think to myself. With this time, I'll recollect on my life before the infection, and the end of humanity.

It was around March of 2008, and my criminal career was moving too slow. Once in a while I'd be given an assignment, but the time in between jobs felt like eternities. Take out this guy, take this here, steal this, rob there, it was really quite tedious. I thought it was time for a real job. I applied for an intern job at the closest hospital. I supposed I would just start fresh in the medical field. It was fine, I couldn't complain. I just didn't tell my colleagues about my second 'job'.

~~~

ENTRY 22:

It was about 11 am, and we were out looking for food. I was getting tired of that Italian shit we found. Seth had wandered off, claiming he heard something. I wouldn't give a shit if he ever came back, but I heard him let out a cry. When we found him he was with two others. One was hurt, and the other was trying to drag him. We could take him back to the parking facility.

When I was done patching him up, I realized that we were down to one health pack. We just have to be more careful from now on. When he was feeling better, the man that was hurt told us his name was Robert, and his young friend gone by the name Roman G. From what they told us, they are both skilled with firearms, and fine with sleeping upstairs in the offices.

I'm going to bed, I'll write soon.

Last edited by JBPURCELL on 12th February 2010, 9:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

The Diary of Shao. Empty Looking Back and Looking In.

Post  Zomando 24th October 2009, 1:37 pm

ENTRY 23:

MARCH 20TH, 2008:

I'll never forget this day.

It felt like I was waiting for hours. A Blista Compact driven by a man and his accomplice was supposed to meet me outside the gun shop located in Chinatown at exactly 3:15. It was 3:32. I got the email about what was going down the day before.

Finally, the car arrived. The two Italian men in the car came out to meet me. One had dark brown hair and a somewhat pointy goatee, and telling from the stride in his step, he loved what he does. The other was a quieter man, his head was shaven.

"Eh, you Purcelli?" The first one asked.

"Purcell, JB Purcell." I replied, I still went by my 'American' name back then. The email included little instruction. It said to wear a suit, and intimidate the client, and I didn't really know what that meant.

"How ya doing, JB? My name's Vinny. My friend here, his name's Paul. Call him Paulie." Vinny said.

"You're a little late." I said to them in an irritated tone.

"Oh, don't worry about it. Let's go do what has to be done." Vinny replied. We proceeded down the stairs to the underground gun shop. The lights were down low, and the owner, a Chinese man, watched our every move. Posters, swords, and weapons covered the walls.

"How you do?" the owner asked in a friendly manner.

"Pretty good. Pretty good. Hey, I gotta question. You know anything about the Ancelottis?" Vinny said.

"No, no. I don't get involved in shit like that." the owner said nervously.

"I'm pretty sure you do." Vinny said while he picked up a Desert Eagle and pointed it at the Chinese man. "You owe us some protection money. Where's your boss?"

"I tell you nothing!" the man cried out.

"Hey, hey. He asked you a question. It would be polite of you to answer." I said to him calmly.

"Fuck you fuck! You fuck off now! Leave!" He yelled. I let out a heavy sigh. I reached towards the wall and took down a sword. I didn't wanna do this, but the email had very clear instructions. Intimidate the client. The blade came down on his hand, which was resting on a table. He grasped the nub, screaming, but blood sprayed through his grip.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS HE?! YOUR FUCKING BOSS!" I screamed.

"Grand- Grand Dragon Restraunt!" He wailed. While he laid on the ground bleeding, we took everything we could from the shop. We went back up the stairs, and hopped in the car.

"I think you overreacted back there, JB. Just a little." Vinny said behind the wheel, while casually proceeding to our destination.

"What? Oh, sorry. I don't know what happened back there." I replied.

"Don't worry about it. Lookey-loo. Where here." Vinny said. We got out of the car and entered the building.

No one got out alive.

5:00 pm. I got to the hospital for work just in time, and I did the usual. No surgeries scheduled. No emergencies. We had to deal with a bike accident, but no big deal. I got home at 10:00. I jumped onto my bed and stared at the ceiling. This is when an avalanche of thought hit me. I've killed people. Too many. I have too much blood on my hands, and I go to work, and completely channel it out. When I went to rub my eyes, I saw that I was crying. I was drowning in guilt.

I am a terrible person.

I deserve to die.

ENTRY 24:

We've finally had time to settle down here underground. The last week, we've only been setting up and getting used to the facility. We finally have time to get to know each other. To talk. We were gathered around an old lantern, with a beer in each of our hands.

"This is nice. This is real nice." Brennan said quietly after taking a sip from his can. We all agreed. "So, JB. how have you been the last few months? What's your story?"

I told them. Hell, I could've just read my diary out loud, but it stayed soundly in my backpack. When I finished, I let out a sigh and took a swig of my drink. "How 'bout you Seth?"

"Well," he began. "I'm from a little down south. I was on vacation with my parents here. We saw everything. We went places, We ate great food. Tourist crap, but it was some of the happiest days of my life. The fifth day of our vacation, that was when the shit just started. We were in Star Junction. Every screen had reports of the infection. They said to stay indoors, but before we could get a taxi back to the apartment, oh God." He held his head in his hands. "They came sprinting down the the street. There were so many. It was a nightmare. They got hold of my parents. They tore my Mom apart, and they ripped the skin off my Dad. I loved them so much." Seth sat there quietly.

"Mine's a little different." Brennan stated. "I was working in an office at Broker. I hated my job. If I would've been there another week, I would've killed every fucking person in that building, and I even bought a shotgun." he took a deep breath and continued. "I was told the reports came in around that time. I wouldn't know, because I just pawned my television. I walked into the office on Monday morning, with the shotgun. I was gonna do it, but the place was empty. I called out, and I was greeted by the sound of groaning. A pale thing. A monster, came running at me. I blew it away." He took a sip. "I was traveling around the city. I sometimes found other survivors, but we we would always get separated. I was in Northwood when I was attacked by large men in suits. They took me to an abandoned police station and put me in a cell. That's is where I met JB. We managed to escape, but we got separated. Later, I met up with Devin. We were raiding an apartment, and we found Seth. He was in real bad shape. Jumpy. Suicidal. We took him with us, and that brings us to now."

"Nice story." Roman said quietly. He took a long pause. "I don't really have much of a story. I was unemployed and living with my friend when the infection reached Liberty City. I was roaming around with him until he got killed. I was alone for most of my journey from then. Like Brennan, I would meet up with survivors, but we would always get separated. I met up with Robert in Alderney. We were attacked by a biker gang, and Robert injured his leg. Then we met up with you guys, and by the way, you guys can call me Namorg."

"I guess I'll go next." Robert said. "I moved here from Vice City in 2007, with low expectations. I was involved with gangs, the mob, you name it. I've killed a lot of innocent people. I came here with a dream, but it never came true. During the start of the infection, I was set. I stayed barricaded in my apartment for a few weeks. When I ran out of food, I decided to venture out into the open. I met up with a group of survivors on a bridge. At the other side, we saw a helicopter and soldiers. Figuring they could help us, we ran towards them pleading for help. They returned with bullets. No one in that group made it out except for me. I swam to Alderney where I met Namorg." I was sympathetic towards Robert, for I had a point of reference.

"What? I'm last? Fuck it." Devin took a sip from his bottle. "I was a chef at Super-Star Cafe. The pay was pretty nice, and I had a nice apartment. Life was pretty good. I heard the news of the infection at work, and when I got home, I saw that my apartment had been broken into. I called the police but no one answered. So I drove, I didn't know where I was going, but I didn't stop. I ran out of gas in front of the Booth Tunnel. I saw an abandoned Helitours station. There was Helicopter on the pad, so I jumped the fence and ran to it. When I looked in the cockpit, one of those monsters were inside. It opened the door and pounced on me. I managed to wrestle it into the river. Lucky for me, the keys were in the ignition. I took some flying classes back home in Conneticut, so I knew what I was doing. One day I forgot to refuel, and the chopper fell out of the sky. Luckily, I survived the fall. After miles of walking, I met up with Brennan."

There was a long pause.

Robert let out a long yawn. "Well, I'm going to bed."

"Yeah, I will too."
"Me too."
"I'm tired as hell."
"Yeah, let's go."

We all slept soundly.

Last edited by JBPURCELL on 13th February 2010, 4:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

The Diary of Shao. Empty The Longest Journey.

Post  Zomando 24th October 2009, 1:38 pm

ENTRY 25:

We were running very low on supplies, and we agreed that it was time to go out and search for food, and weapons. We were also beginning to become very paranoid. The group decided that Devin, Robert, and I would venture out into the open. The large metal door slowly opened up, and we were on our way..and on our own.

We decided to take a hike across the bridge into Broker. On our way, we found only two things. A cooler of raw meat, and a survivor. I didn't hear his name. I only thing I remembered was the way his eyes darted all around, untrustingly. We had our second thoughts about him traveling with us.

"This one doesn't seem on the level. Watch him" I said quietly to Devin, as we walked ahead of the group.

He joined us on our journey for supplies. We where in the park when we were greeted by a Helicopter above. The pilot gave out only one command.

"HEAD SOUTH."

When we looked back down to Earth, we saw a horde of monsters sprinting towards us. We held them off for quite a while, until we got separated. From then on, I was alone with the stranger. We made a mad dash through a series of alleys and passageways. When we returned to the streets, we saw the helicopter landing. We ran to safety and hopped inside the chopper. The pilot took off, and we were safe..but only for a while.

"Aren't you glad I picked you guys up? That was a close one.." The pilot said.

"Yeah, too close." The stranger said quietly. The pilot let out a painful cough.

"Say, are any of you fellas doctors?" He said weakly.

"Don't worry, I'll help you out. Why, are you alright?" I answered.

"Oh, I'm fine. I'm just-..just great." He said even more weakly. I could see him slipping in and out of consciousness.
Before I could try and help him, the chopper's nose crashed against a a high building. The pilot flew out the chopper door like a ragdoll. We were going down. The blades snapped as we were spiraling towards death. The chopper connected with the ground with great force, and I was knocked out for a few minutes. When I woke up, smoke filled the cockpit. I saw the stranger laying in his seat barely moving. I unbuckled him, and dragged him out of the now burning chopper. When I stopped to catch my breath, the helicopter exploded behind us, and I was sent towards the ground. I limped away weakly. I reached an abandoned construction trailer. Once I got inside, I rested for a while.

ENTRY 26:

When I woke up, I took a long look around. I felt like shit, but I got back on my feet. After a few blocks of walking, I looked to the sky. A bridge, I then remembered what my father said.

"Just Look Up." The laundromaut was a block from the bridge. I set out to his location.

When I arrived, I knocked on the back door, but no one answered. What if he was inside? Hurt? I couldn't take any chances. I took out my pistol, and used up what little ammo I had left on the lock. Thank God the door opened. It was a fucking Christmas miracle. When I jumped inside, I saw that there was no one in there. Sadness ran through me, until I saw a note on the table. I picked it up. It said the following:

"Dear JB,

If you found this, I am happy that you are still alive. Don't worry, I'm still alive. I just chose to travel to a new home. I think the undead are becoming aware. While I am writing this, I am realizing I have never told you that I was proud of you. I received emails from your bitch of a mother telling me that you have become a doctor. I even traveled to Liberty City with hopes of finding you. So I just want to say, that I think your the greatest son a father could ask for. Who knows? Maybe we'll see each other in the afterlife, or sooner.

Your Father,
Lee JB Shao

PS: I left you a present."

I put down the note to see an Assault Rifle resting on a wooden bench.

"Thanks, Dad." I said quietly to myself.

ENTRY 27:

While I was walking away from the abandoned shop, I heard a series of groans. I wasn't taking any chances, so I sprinted away to safety. While I was fleeing, I was shocked at what I saw. It was Devin. He told me that Robert didn't make it out alive. The news was followed by an akward pause. Devin then continued saying that we could hide out in an apartment complex, and so we began our hike. When we arrived we saw a nervous man sitting on the steps.

"Who-who are you?" he said.

"It's okay. We don't want any trouble." Devin said sternly.

"Okay, fine. Whatever." he said to himself quietly. I saw a deep wound on his arm.

"Hey, did one of those things bite you?" I asked him.

"Well. Um. Yeah." He said. Devin and I exchanged troubled looks.

"I'll see what I can do." I said to Devin reassuringly.

"Hey, you guys look like you can use some supplies! Let's go. I know just where to go." He said while skipping down the stairs.

I figured out very early that this man was insane. He had led us into a fucking deathtrap. The air was dark, and corpses littered the street and sidewalks. I became very nervous pondering if the infection was in fact airborne. The area was completely silent, other than the insane man's gentle humming. The silence was broken by a man sprinting pass us.

"PLEASE HELP ME!!!" he wailed. When we looked back behind him, a massive horde of undead came raging towards us. There sported ripped clothing, blood-soaken corpses filled with darkness, and we were overtaken by horror and fear. At that point, I didn't give a shit about anyone else. I ran for my life and followed the fleeing man. "RUN FOR YOUR FUCKING LIFE!" he screamed as I ran with him. Blocks later, we decided to hide in some bushes. He then told me him name was McGarquin, or something like that. He was a lightly-bearded man, wearing a bike helmet and a camo-pants. Judging from his appearance, This man could be as crazy as the one who led us into hell a few minutes back, but there was something about him. Something I could trust. When we felt it was safe, we ran through the park across the road. In the fields, we met up with a survivor. When I got a closer look, I saw it was the stranger. He approached me furiously and held a knife to my throat.

"You left me to die, you fucker." He said tensely. I pushed him away.

"If it wasn't for me, you would've died. You asshole." I said. Garquin separated us. After a while, we calmed down, and he told me his name was Adam. We then traveled towards the coastline. In our journey, we had pretty much no problem. After what felt like miles, we were greeted by a series of bright lights. We then saw we have reached the airport. Before we could celebrate, a crouching zombie pounced from the bushes and onto Adam. We managed to kill it, and Adam walked away unscathed. When I got a better look at the the undead monster, I saw it was a recreation of Robert.

When we arrived at the Airport we saw a cargo boat. Luckily for us, Garquin knew how to drive a boat. All we had to do was refuel it, and we were home-free. While waiting, I developed a plan. Take the boat, pick up Brennan and Seth, sail South, and live. It was perfect, but my train of thought was rudely interrupted an undead horde came running at us. They began jumping on the boat. We were then defending the boat while it was refueling. The battle raged on for about 10 minutes until Garquin alerted us that it would take too long to refuel. Over the sound of gunfire, we heard the sounds of a helicopter. A ray of hope shone through the darkness, but when it got close enough, it opened fire. I manged to jump into the water just in time. I saw corpses float to the ocean floor around me.

What did I do then? I swam for miles. So many miles. By the time I made it to the shore, I couldn't feel my lower body at all. I was paralyzed. I was left to sit and wait until I regained feeling.

Regain.

Feeling..

Last edited by JBPURCELL on 13th February 2010, 4:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

The Diary of Shao. Empty The Magic Man and the Blood Dock.

Post  Zomando 24th October 2009, 1:39 pm

ENTRY 28:

When I woke up, the sun was up and shining. There was also a man hovering over me, and my vision became clearer, I saw he was an older man in an old military coat. His coat had small black letters:

"US MARINE
MARCUS HARRISON
MAGIC MAN"

He was a man with a black beard, large broken nose, and dark eyes. Above his serious brow, he wore a bandanna. He gave me a hand to help me up, and with some difficulty, I did just so.

"'Not really a good place to take a nap, son." He said to me. His voice seemed somewhat hoarse. He looked behind him quickly. "Shit, get down." he brought me down to a crouching position. "Those Special Ops pricks are still searching the area. We gotta stay down. Follow me, and stay behind the rocks." We traveled silently beside the coastline for what felt like, I don't know, 3 miles? When we got back to the city, we took cover behind a dumpster. "Here take this." he said while handing me a pump-shotgun.

"Yo-you don't need it?" I asked.

He just looked at me bluntly.

"Don't Worry, I'll have no problem taking them on with my bare goddamn hands."

We sneaked silently through the city, and every few blocks he would tell me we're getting closer. Somewhere on the way, I clumsily knocked over a trashcan. The sound of metal echoed through the streets. The man gave me a furious look as the horde swarmed towards us. We continued faster as the man chopped and punched the undead out of his way while I covered his back. After a block of fighting, the city laid quietly. The horde was gone. I was in utter shock. This man had just survived a horde with no weapon. He didn't seem like one to brag so we continued. When we were about a block away from our destination when a human wearing dirty ripped clothes came walking towards us.

"Please guys. PLEASE! You gotta help me." this poor man went on and on like this. While the survivor was talking, the ex-war hero, took my gun. Before letting him finish, the blew the speaking man away. He fell to the curb in a bloody mess.

"Wha-what the fuck?" I exclaimed.

"He was infected. I could tell in his eyes. Let's go. We're here." he said coldly.

As we reached the door of his safehouse, he gave the door a unique knock. Probably a code. A bearded man entered the door.

"Marcus. Who's this?" the man asked quietly.

"I found him passed him out near the airport. He has weapons. Quick, let's get inside." He said hoarsely.

We all sat down and got inside. The man at the door gave me a cup of coffee. The soldier took out a cigarette and lit it quickly. "So kid, what's your story? You seem pretty interesting carrying around some Japanese swords..Like some samurai.." He let out a breath of heavy fog. "How've you been surviving?"

"I've been wandering, really. I've met a lot of good people..and a lot..a lot of not so good people. Lately, I've been surviving underground in a parking facility."

We both looked at the man from the door. "What about you Lance? Tell our new friend "JB"."

"Well, my name's Lance Redwell. Before the outbreak, I was working as a EMS ambulance worker. It was fine, I couldn't complain. By the time of the outbreak, we kept shit under control for only a while. After a week or two, it was every man for himself. I would travel around the city in some groups. I held out in Westdyke Memorial, I have to get back there sometime." What a coincidence, I thought to myself. "I went hunting a lot in college, so I know how to use a gun. I've used it to kill a lot of people. Those people-You know what? Forget it. A few months ago, I was a few miles from here. Beachgate. I was with some buisness men, a priest, and a double-crossing fucking Russian. I hated that fucking commie.. One of our men owned a large boat, some oil tycoon kind of guy, our plan was to get to it and sail out of here. I got left behind. It was all because of that fucking Russian asshole." He was squeezing his coffee mug so hard, that it could break. He took a sip and tried to calm down. "I met Marcus a few weeks back, and we've been getting around just fine. Go ahead Marcus, how about you tell JB why they called you "Magic Man"." Marcus let out a hefty sigh, along with a fog of smoke.

"Well, MY name is Sgt. Marcus Harrison. During Vietnam, I was looked up to by most of the men I served with. The reason people call me "Magic Man" is because I would "appear" behind enemy lines and capture forts. Or maybe because I would lead my squad armed only with a knife. ACTUALLY, this knife." he took it out of his back pocket. There was still hints of blood on the blade. "So finding a job was pretty hard after the war. I feel now that I've done practically nothing with my life for a very long time. But when this shit started, I found something to do. It was a war. Be or be killed. W-A-R. WAR, and I've been winning this war." He finished with a final smoke and then flick the cigarette away. I took a sip of coffee.

"I've been trying to get back into Algonquin." I said calmly. Both of there faces lit up.

"So have we. Quick, come with us downstairs." Marcus said. We walked down the steps to be greeted by suitcases, supplies, and a large map of the city. "Well look right here. HERE, the Special Ops have blocked off the bridge. Our plan is to break down the barricade and get into the city. We'll need more men, but it's possible."

"How do you expect to do this?" I asked. A smile spread across Marcus's face. "Take a look for yourself." He slowly opened the door to the garage. Holy fucking shit. It was a fucking tank. My jaw was on the floor.

"How'd you get a fucking tank?!" I asked.

"First of all, It's called an APC. Second of all, we stole it." Lance said cheerfully. I took a look around the room. On one wall there was a collection of handguns, shotguns, machine guns, explosives, etc. On the other wall, there was a festival of weapons. Chainsaws, garden equipment, knives, bats, you name it. "So." Marcus said to me "Are you with us."

"Abso-fucking-lutely." I responded.

Last edited by JBPURCELL on 13th February 2010, 4:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

The Diary of Shao. Empty WAR.

Post  Zomando 24th October 2009, 1:40 pm

ENTRY 29:

We've spent a week preparing for what Marcus has called "War". In that time we've gained some supplies, three survivors, and some "training". And to be honest, if I didn't receive that "training", I would actually be worried about going outnumbered against highly trained soldiers. Thanks Marcus, thanks a lot. It was a Saturday morning, and Lance, Marcus, and I were in the kitchen sharing some quality time. Marcus handed me a cigarette, but I never had one before. Well, I thought, there's a first time for everything, and there's no better time to start then now. It was quite relaxing, actually. I looked up from my cigarette to see Lance he seemed nervous. Marcus walked over to him and gave him a reassuring rub of the shoulder.

"Follow me." he said in his naturally hoarse voice as he walked upstairs. When we got to second floor, we saw him standing in front of the bathroom with what looked like make-up and an electric razor in his hands.

"We're gonna wear make-up?" Lance jokingly asked. Marcus just gave him a stern look.

"Make-up? Fuck no. War Paint. We have to intimidate the enemy. If it worked in 'Nam, it'll work here. Also, shave that mop, Lance. You look like a fucking hippy." Lance, who looked like one that was fond of his hair, walked into the bathroom sadly. About 5 minutes later, he walked out like a man. He came out with his head was completely shaved, a series of painted black patterns on his face, and a pair of expensive aviator sunglasses. "You're up, JB." He said.

While in the bathroom, I took a good look at myself, and it made me think. How long have I actually made it? How long have I survived? Others have died in the first weeks, but not me. But to be honest, I was scared. I was nervous, and I was fucking terrified. With the razor in hand, I put it to my head, and I shaved away my fear. I saw it fall to the ground and sink. I was left with only a small layer of hair, and part of my beard. I then added the war paint. Two long black strips laid fearless under my eyes. I opened the door to see the two men waiting outside. Marcus nodded to me, and I nodded back. He marched into the bathroom and shut the door, as I sat on the ground and thought to myself. Minutes later, the one called "Magic Man" emerged from the bathroom with a war-painted, and a fearsome mo-hawk.

When we got back downstairs, we saw the others were waiting. Sitting on the couch, Earl drank a beer while he stared at us uncomfortably. We found him limping away from a flaming 18-wheeler. I could tell that he didn't feel at home at all. The other two, the ones who call themselves Aaron Wahl and Joshua Gregson, were sitting at the table conversing. Aaron called himself Meatshield, I don't know why yet. Marcus took a long look at each of us and started his speech.

"Well, take a look at how far you've come. You are pretty goddamn special to have made it this far, but there is something in your path. The men on the bridge. The little toy soldiers. I will tell you now that some of them will die and some of us will die, but that's just how war plays out. So, are you fuckers ready for WAR?" We all nodded silently. "Good, when we break through the barricade, we will proceed to JB's safehouse." We all scrambled downstairs. The others ran to the walls to pick up there weapons, but I did not. I was fine with my katanas, surgical knife, and pistol. We all hopped into the APC. From the inside, it looked like a fucking spaceship. When all the weapons and supplies were loaded up, we were ready. The garage door slowly opened, and Lance, behind the wheel, started the tanks and backed out. I was never really a religious man, but I prayed at that moment. I prayed long, and I prayed hard.

This is WAR.

ENTRY 30:

No one said a word on the way there. We were completely silent except for the sound of the engine. After what felt like a half an hour, Marcus broke the silence. "Alrighty, we're approaching the bridge now." This is it, I thought, The moment of truth. We all loaded our guns and waited. I adjusted myself so I could see through the windshield. "Alright, I'll get the gun. Lance, get ready..

..steady..

GO! GO! GO! HOLD THE FUCK ON EVERYBODY!"

The engine roared as we flashed towards the bridge. We saw the turrets begin to fire, and Marcus just shot back with great force. We got closer to the barricade. The loud tinging sound of bullets exploded all around. Closer and Closer. Lance let out a fearsome cry as we smashed through the concrete barricade. We sped down the road swerving. When we approached the toll booths, Lance lost total control. We ran straight into one of the booths. I fell to the ground with great force. When I opened my eyes, I saw Joshua limping away from the APC. He didn't survive long. He was shot to the ground by a hail of bullets. When I turned around, I saw Lance rubbing his head. He turned around to see an RPG hanging on the APC wall. He took it and walked out of the tank. I watched him very closely. I then saw a helicopter hovering towards us, and Lance took aim. He let out a cry heard all around the city.

"VENGEANCE!!!!!" he cried.

The rockets curved through the air and crashed through the cockpit windshield, and fire paraded in the sky. It fell to the ground as he helped Marcus, Earl, and Aaron back into the APC. We sped off into Algonquin. Once again, it was silent, and once again, Marcus broke the silence.

"Victory." he said quietly to himself.

We returned to the parking facility unharmed, well, except for Joshua. Brennan's eyes widened as he saw a big black tank come rolling down the ramp. They introduced themselves to the rest of the group, and I explained what happened to the others. We unpacked the APC and we got settled.

You may read this thinking the "War"" is over. Is it? A war like this is never over. We can only sit and wait, or we can do something about it. But until my chance comes..

I'm waiting.

Last edited by JBPURCELL on 13th February 2010, 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

The Diary of Shao. Empty Cletus.

Post  Zomando 25th October 2009, 10:02 pm

ENTRY 31:

It was a Monday that begun one of the most gruesome experiences in my life. I don't want to write about it, but I feel that I must. I must do this.

As I said, It all started on a Monday. It started as a normal day. We got up, had coffee, and conversed. Somehow, the conversation led to the Airport as Aaron emerged from his sleeping bag.

"The Airport? Do you guys know anything about it?" He asked intently.

"I was out around there with a group about a week ago. The power was still on, and there were choppers on the helipads. Pretty odd, actually." I said calmly.

"The Airport.." he said to himself quietly. "I was there once, I worked there. I was a Jet Pilot, and the pay was great. I was living in a nice apartment up in Castle Gardens. I had a wife, and a kid was on the way." his green eyes sparkled as he reminisced. "When the outbreak became serious, the Airport shut down and I developed a plan. My Wife, Co-pilot, and I would take my private plane and fly South..The plan didn't go as planned. By the time we arrived at the airport, the roads were jammed with cars. I didn't expect this, so I didn't really think of slowing down on the way there. We-" Aaron took a nervous sip of coffee. "We crashed into a mini-van. I walked away from the crash unscathed, but my wife. She- she didn't make it. She crashed head-first through the windshield. I managed to pass around cars and jump the gate. I met my Co-Pilot, Martin Jackson, in front of the hangar. After that, we found my plane and we were just about ready to take off, but there was a man waiting by the door. He had a gun pointing nervously at Martin. He hopped in the plane and started the engine, and Martin and I snuck into the plane. As the wheels started to turn, Martin pounced on the man. With the door still open, and the plane moving, the two began wrestling for control of the plane as I could only watch in panic. Martin managed to push the man away, but into me as well. We both fell out of the open door as the plane picked up speed. I laid there in shock as the man laid next to me unconscious. Martin stuck his head out of the door and said these distant words to me:

"YOUR NOTHING BUT A MEATSHIELD NOW." He said as he rolled away. I was alone. I took the unconscious man's gun and walked back home. So yeah..It would mean a lot if you called Meatshield." He finished with a gulp of hot coffee.

"So, you know how to fly?" I asked him.

"Yeah." Meatshield responded.

"Choppers?" I added.

"Mhm" he said quietly. "Wait a second. Lemme get my coat." He went over to his sleeping bag and took out an old ripped pilot jacket. He took a ring of keys out of the front pocket. His green eyes sparkled more than I have ever seen them do so.

"Okay Meatshield, your coming with me. You're gonna help us get a chopper. Earl, you're coming too." I said. Earl gave me a satisfied grin as he loaded his 12-gauge. I went over to my bag and looked through. Happy-day. Walkie-Talkies, the ones Garquin gave to me. I went over to Brennan and gave him one so we could stay in contact. Earl, Aaron, and I hopped in the van and that is where the horror really began.

ENTRY 32:

Fuck. Of course. OF COURSE. Of course we would run out of gas on the way there. Luckily, we were a block away from an old abandoned "Pay-'n-Spray". Earl and I searched it while Meatshield watched the van. While approaching the establishment, a cold rush of terror ran through me. The city was quiet except for the hanging hub-caps above. Their clanging echoed through the abandoned streets. While investigating the building, Earl's breath became more and more tense. I turned to him to see that he was holding a rusty aluminum bat. Before I could react, he sent the bat to the side of my head. I fell to the ground, and the pain was unbearable. The last thing I remembered seeing was his old dirty boots, and then..Nothing.

ENTRY 33:

I woke up in a dark cold room. I was tied to an old chair, and when I took a look around, I wasn't the only one. To my left, I saw a black man, and a nervous young man clothed in janitor's apparel. To my right, only Meatshield, unconscious. There was blood splattered all over the walls, and this place was very quiet. Until the man to my left broke the silence.

"YO! EH, YO! GET ME THE FUCK OUTTA HERE! Yo, who are you?" the black man asked.

"My name's JB, and the guy to my right's Aaron Wahl, call him Meatshield." I told him.

"Aight, my name's Jamal. I was wandering around Bohan when I was almost hit by a fucking semi. I jumped out of the way, but they attacked me while I was down. I woke up here next to this white prick." Jamal said.

"My name is Fred Lancer, asshole. I was wandering around the Beachgate Carnival armed only with a pistol. There was something really eerie about that place, maybe how the fog wrapped around the abandoned rides. I heard footsteps so I looked behind me, and I saw a group of men walking slowly towards me. They had strange facial tattoos, and they carried daggers. In the middle of them, there was one that looked..looked like a clown. I turned around to see a bat flying towards me...I woke up here. Do guys kno-" He was interrupted by the roars of what sounded like a chainsaw, and three men walked in the room. The first was a skinny bald man. He had a series of tattoos, but the one on his face was the most haunting and interesting. Behind him was a morbidly obese man who had a very similar tattoo. He seemed that he had vomit on his shirt. The last man to emerge from the doorway...It was Earl. We sat there in pure fear.

"Well, I suppose it'd be rude not to introduce myself." said the bald man. "My name is Cletus Macoy Dawson Charger. My fatass friend is Gary Bedfield, and the other is Earl Williams." The four tied-up men, including myself, sat in silence. "No questions, I see? Fine, let's get to the fun." He turned to me and approached me with a hunting knife. "I've been told that you've killed some bikers. Aren't you a badass? A fucking badass?" He let out a howl of laughter as his knife came closer.

"Eh, yo, man. You gonna kill him?" Jamal interrupted. "So were dealing with some Eddie Low-type motherfucker?" Cletus let out a chuckle.

"Eddie Low, If I could meet him.." he said as he walked over to Jamal. "I don't wanna brag, but he looks like a prick compared to me. EARL. LIGHTS." Brightness exploded around us. I was very close to vomiting. Body parts and organs hung from the ceiling. Arms, legs, faces, genitalia, torsos, hearts, I looked down to see the fat man vomit all over the wall. "Dammit Gary, if you can't handle some gore, wait outside."

"Fuck you, Cletus. I'm fine with this kind of shit. Watch." he walked over to Cletus and took the knife. He then cut off Jamal's thumb. His screams echoed through the old building. "See? I dunno what's happened. I've been throwing up like this ever since I've gotten bitten by one of those fuckers."

"Woah, woah. You're infected?!" Earl asked

"Yeah.." Gary said.

"Yeah, me too. What's the big deal?" Cletus added.

"The big-The Big Deal?! You're gonna turn into one of those, those monsters!" Earl shouted. The room laid silent.

"Well, let's have a little fun until then, huh?!" Cletus stated. "Besides, you all know what the boss wants us to do with outsiders.." A smile spread across his face as he left the room. He returned with a rusty yellow chainsaw. "EARL. HOLD THE PRICK." he growled. Earl grabbed hold of Fred as he the chainsaw roared. Cletus began slicing open Fred right down the middle. Blood showered over the killers as the poor young man screamed. The chainsaw stopped and Cletus drove his hands into Fred's stomach. I vomited all over the floor. His hands emerged from the now steaming hole with a long strip of intestines. He got behind the chairs and began strangling him with the hot organs. After seconds, the young man died in the seat. "Earl, cut him up and hang him up like fucking Christmas. Your up next, negro."

"NEGRO?! NEGRO?! WHAT THE FUCK?! YOU BEST UNTIE ME SO I CAN WHOOP YO ASS, YOU LITTL-" His insults stopped as Cletus's blade came down on his shoulder. I REFUSE to write what he had done to Jamal, for it is FAR-MORE worst than what he did to Fred. So about 15 minutes later, Jamal was dead and Cletus was walking towards me.

He approached me with a bloody spoon. He gave me a wild smile as he pressed it against my face. He then began scooping out my fucking eye. The pain was unbearable. I let out a final cry when I felt the string attaching it to my brain snap. He hung my eye up on the wall for all the freaks to se.

"I'm saving the best for last, Jackie Chan. I was just getting started.." he said to me. As he was just about to slice open Meatshield, the fat man fell to the floor. "What the fuck?" Cletus went over to check on him. "Earl, he's- Gary's dead.." he said sadly. I don't what made me say this, but it just might've saved my life.

"He's turning." I said weakly. Cletus looked at me confused.

"How the fuck do you know?" he asked me intently.

"I'm a doctor.." I responded. He came over to me and untied me.

"We could use you, Jackie Chan." he said to me. "But trust me, your gonna die, and your gonna die good." I excused his bad grammar as I waited outside the room. I then saw that he was now helping dismember Fred. Did he kill Meatshield? I didn't want to check, so I waited outside the room quietly.

About 15 minutes later, Fred was hung up like a nice painting, and they were starting to hang up Jamal. As they were doing this, I heard a sound. It was door opening, and it came from downstairs. I went down to investigate, but I kept my distance. When I got a good look of who it was, I could have pissed myself with joy. It was Brennan and Lance, I gave them both a hug. "how the fuck did you find me?" I whispered.

"Your walky-talky was on. We could hear something like a motorcycle, so we went around searching for the sound." Brennan whispered back.

"It's..it's a chainsaw. There's a fucking psychopath up there, and Earl's with him. I don't think they have any guns, so let's go." I whispered. We proceeded up the stairs and waited at the door. Lance started the countdown.

"3....

1!"

We charged in the room with guns pointing. Brennan punched Earl to the floor and pointed the gun to his face, as I went to untie Meatshield. When I turned around to see Lance, I saw him standing dead in his tracks. "YOU." he said furiously. "IT'S YOU!" he yelled. He stuck his gun in his pocket, picked up a rusty machete and held it to Cletus's throat. "YOU'RE THE ONE WITH THE FUCKING SEMI! AREN'T YOU?!"

"I'm- um- well."

"AREN'T YOU?!?!?!"

"YES! YES! WHAT DO YOU WANT?!"

"YOU KILLED TOO MANY GOOD PEOPLE! WE COULD HAVE SAILED TO SAFETY! MAYBE EVEN FOUND A CURE! IT'S ALL YOUR FUCKING FAULT, AND I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU FOR IT!"

"Please, Lance. We don't have time for this." I said.

"SHUT UP! DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO D-" Lance said. He was interrupted by a series of groans. In unison, we all looked to Gary. He was completely paleish-gray and blinking.

"QUICK! WE HAVE TO GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!!!" I said as the undead-obesity got to his feet. I could hear Earl yelling into what was probably a cell phone.

"DAVEY! GET ALL YOUR BIKERS TO THE APARTMENT! WE GOT SOME OUTSIDERS TRYING TO MAKE A RUN FOR IT!" he screamed as the zombified-Gary wobbled after us. He came out of the door after us and vomited a long stream of bile onto Aaron. I took a look around to see a horde forming out of nowhere. They were attracted to the bile. We scurried into the van and made our escape. The horde ran after us, and one of them got hold of Aaron's leg. He managed to shake it off and close the doors. We thought we were safe until a few miles later. I took a look out of the window to see a whole army of bikers lead by none other than Cletus in his semi-truck, coming straight towards us.

"QUICK TAKE THIS!" Lance said to me as he handed me pipe bomb. "Be careful, it's my last one." I lit the fuse and waited for the right moment. Longer, longer.."JB! THROW IT NOW!"

It flew out the window and landed right in the middle of them. The semi-truck swerved out of control as the bikers flew into the air. We were finally safe, I thought, but that was not true. We arrived at the parking facility about half an hour later. I was greeted by the sight of a single biker speeding past us. "Fuck, they know where we are."

"What do we do?" Aaron asked.

""Magic Man" probably has an answer." Lance said. We approached him with sad expressions.

"What's wrong JB?" he asked.

"Other than the fucking hole in my face, I don't wanna talk about it. There's gonna be a shitload of bikers coming towards us anytime soon." I said.

"Well, I got a fucking backpack full of mines and satchel charges, and don't worry. I have an eye patch too." He said reassuringly.

ENTRY 34:

The sun was going down as we finished setting the explosives. So until they were detonated, we weren't allowed outside. I sat in my sleeping bag that night feeling the hole in my face. That asshole made me a freak, and he made me watch too many things.

I will NEVER be the same..

Last edited by JBPURCELL on 13th February 2010, 4:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

The Diary of Shao. Empty Seth.

Post  Zomando 31st October 2009, 11:42 am

ENTRY 35:

It's been a week since the happenings involving Cletus, and I've been getting worse. Without my eye, I can barely read, write, shoot, or walk. I've been stumbling all the time, but to be honest, I'd rather not write about what happened, it's somewhat painful. I was trying focus on a solution, so I went to Marcus. He always seemed to have an answer.

"Marcus, I can't do jack-shit without my eye." I said.

"Well, it seems your in need of a replacement, son. In these dark times, we may have to resort to dark behaviors. For example, taking an eye. I see that someone has a very nice one." He stated.

"Who?" I asked.

"I'll give you hint." he said. "SETH." By this time, I couldn't stand Seth at all, and neither could anyone else. He was useless with any weapon, he was bitchy as fuck, and the weakest link of the group. The news of what was going down spread among the seven of us. It's good to think of it this way, take an eye, and lives will be saved. It was around 4:00 pm when we approached the boy as a group. He was reading some old magazine. He looked up to greet us.

"Dude. Oh. Hey guys. What's up?" He asked, as Namorg let out a deep sigh.

Namorg started. "Seth, what were about to do is for the good of the group. You should-"

"Were taking your eye. Hold still." Brennan interrupted.

"What? Dude! What are you freaking doing? You're not gonna freaking-" The boy was interrupted by a aluminum bat to the head. He was unconscious as we started the procedure. I gave myself a pill to knock me out, so I'll skip to when I regained consciousness.

It was fine, really. A few sharp tugs here and there. Lance did most of the work, but I helped with some things. Lance was halfway through reattaching the eye into the socket when I saw Seth blink with life. As he felt the new hole in his face, he began screaming with pain and shock. It didn't take Brennan long to try and stop the screaming with a jab to Seth's face. The boy's head smacked against the concrete wall, he closed his eyes, and we continued. About 15 minutes later, the job was done.

My sight was blurry and odd at first, but it improved with time. It was a fucking miracle, and just as I gave a Lance a thankful hug, an unknown explosion shook the ground around us. The blast lasted what felt like a minute. When it was all over, we realized it was the satchel charges and explosives we planted. The motorcycle "army" had came, and they were blown to fuck with no sweat. Were pretty shook up at that point so we thought a good night's rest would calm us down.

I'll write in the morning.

Last edited by JBPURCELL on 13th February 2010, 4:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

The Diary of Shao. Empty Re: The Diary of Shao.

Post  AaUndeadMarine 31st October 2009, 11:59 am

too. . . .Much . . .To Read. . . . .EYES STRAINING . . . . . .*Zombie comes at me from behind*. . . .. DAMN YOU JB!!! AND YOUR LONG ASS JOURNAL!!!
AaUndeadMarine
AaUndeadMarine

Back to top Go down

The Diary of Shao. Empty Night of The Shamblers.

Post  Zomando 31st October 2009, 12:54 pm

ENTRY 36:

It was a calm morning. The fog swam through the city. It was at that time that I felt at ease for the first time in what felt like an eternity.

Marcus and I where on our own and once again searching for supplies. These searches have began to get tedious. While we were searching for weapons and such, you can think it could very surprising to find an old dirty man with a shotgun jumping out at you from behind a dumpster. He wore an old wool hat, and pants with some camouflage pattern. He spoke to us in a British Accent.

"Who are you?!" He asked.

"My name is Magic Man, this is my Samurai friend JB." Marcus said jokingly.

"Don't fuck with me. You don't fuck with the LETHAL CRUMPET!!!!" He shouted.

"Jesus, calm down! My name's JB, and his name's Marcus. Happy?" I said.

"Yes. Very. You should follow me, I have a friend with a boat. We must hurry." He said.

"Why?" I asked. He looked at me oddly.

"A storm's coming..."

ENTRY 37:

We met up with his friend about a block away. He was black man who looked like he knew business. His name was Rod and he told us he worked at Goldberg Towers.

"Small World, eh kid?" Marcus said. "I worked there too, I hated it. I remember the day that fucker Tom Goldberg got killed. That Polish fuck shot his way out of there. I could've stopped him, but I let the man go..Whatever. You got a boat?"

"Yeah." Rod answered. "It's this way, follow me." We followed him down the abandoned streets until we reached a dock. We hopped in the boat and sailed towards the great amass of ocean nothing. We sat in silence as the boat floated about.

"We need shelter." Crumpet said. There was something about this man. He knew something we didn't.

"I see a dock coming up. We'll stop there and gather supplies." He said this as night slowly fell over us. We jumped back onto land to look around. Uphill, there was what seemed to be a graveyard, and it was spooky as fuck. "We'll gather supplies and meet back here. Alright?" Rod said. We then traveled into the town to stock up on ammo, and we returned to the dock in about an hour.

"Okay, men. There's a construction site we can hide in about a mile from here." Marcus said.

"Sounds like a plan." Rod agreed. We slowly moved through the graveyard.

"Good men have died here." Crumpet said slowly.

"Well, yeah. It's a fucking graveyard. A lot of people died here." I said.

"NO! You don't understand. This was foretold. This..

This is the Night of the Shamblers."

This man was truly insane, but as he finished his speech, we were greeted by the sounds of groans. We turned around to see an entire fucking army of the undead, but there was something wrong. Something very wrong. They weren't running. They were slowly shuffling towards us. It was like an old fucking Romero film. We began to fire at the horde but there was too many of them. We managed to escape the graveyard. As we saw the construction site ahead, the wind began to blow and rain began to fall. The storm was coming. When we reached the door of the construction site, Crumpet turned around to point his gun at Marcus and I.

"Leave." he said quietly.

"What?! Why?!" I questioned.

"There's too many of us. Those Shamblers will find us for sure. You leave, or I kill you." He said slowly. We ran away from the construction site, to think of something. Think. Think.I looked down the street to see an old pick-up truck.

"Marcus, give me your knife." I said. He handed to me and I approached the car. I kicked open the window and opened the door. This better work, I thought to myself. I shoved the knife into the ignition slot, and turned it slightly. Two miracles in a fucking day. The engine roared to life as I called Marcus to get in. We drove back in harsh weather and rain, and arrived back at the Parking Facility about half an hour later.

We came to see that the large metal door was wide open as we drove down the ramp.

"Brennan, What the fuck?! What's with the door?!" I asked.

"The power's out." He replied.

What were we gonna do? Zombies could just walk in! As we listened to the harsh rain outside, something was added to the sound. Groans. OF COURSE it would be groans. It was unbelievable, and I'm not exaggerating. One thousand or more of those "Shamblers" were waiting by the door and slowly shuffling towards us. We ran to our guns and tried to pick them off. No use. They just got closer and closer. We made a mad dash behind them. I turned around to see one got Seth. Seth tried to break free, but he couldn't. He pulled harder and harder until his arm ripped off. He ran away screaming until he fell to the floor with no energy. They began surrounding him. The power exploded with life as the metal came down slowly. Unfortunately, Seth was lying under it. As his limbs were being ripped apart, the door cam down upon him and sliced him in two. It was unbearable to watch, but it was impossible to look away. When I gazed at my surroundings, I saw no survivors. Only Shamblers. I ran for my life with only my backpack. I reached the Algonquin Bridge when I heard static in my pocket. It was my walkie-talkie. I pressed it against my ear.

"Hello?" I called into the small electronic box. The pause felt like hours. The silence was finally broken.

"JB..JB, It's me. Brennan." it said.

"Brennan, Oh God. Are you alright?" I asked.

"No...I'm not alright." He replied. I felt a pain in my stomach. "I'm dying, JB. I'm dying." What could I say to this man? He was probably miles away and disabled.

"It's all gonna be okay. Don't Worry." I said to him.

"No. No, it's not." I could hear his voice trembling. "I don't wanna die, man! I don't!" I felt a tear roll down my face.

"I'm-..I'm sorry." I said. My voice was trembling as well.

"JB..JB...J-" He stopped. Brennan was dead, and I sat by the median, broke down and cried to myself. I sat there for about 45 minutes. I could hear more static from the small electronic box. It was only groans. I threw the walky-talky into the river.

Goodbye Brennan.

Goodbye.

Last edited by JBPURCELL on 13th February 2010, 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

The Diary of Shao. Empty Recollecting.

Post  Zomando 2nd November 2009, 7:10 pm

ENTRY 38:

The storm hasn't showed any signs of stopping, so I've managed to take shelter in an old Cluckin' Bell. I've locked myself inside the bathroom, for am I not taking any chances. While I wait for the storm to ease, I suppose I could recollect on my past

~~~~~

If my thoughts are correct, this happened around a year ago.

It was a Monday morning, and just like any other ordinary day as I drove to the hospital. Work was depressing. I had deal with some old fuck's appointment, and that was pretty much all that happened. To celebrate such a tedious day, I headed up towards the bar. Smoke filled the empty room as I stepped inside. I sat by the bar and let out a deep breath. In front of me, a saw a perfectly fine unopened bottle. I didn't see anyone around, so I didn't think twice about taking it. The room was completely silent, and somewhat eerie. I jumped when my cell phone blasted in my pocket. I answered it quietly.

"Hello?" I said.

"JB? It's me. Mr. Ancelotti." The man on the other line said. I didn't know WHICH Ancelotti, but I had the feeling it was someone important.

"OH Hi." I responded. "Do you need something done?"

"No, no." The man let out a sigh. " Seeing that you're a doctor and everything, we don't this criminal shit interfering in your line of work. Don't worry, it's nothing personal."

"Oh, well. Okay..Goodbye?" I responded.

"Yeah. It was nice knowing ya, kid." The line went dead. I felt somewhat disappointed, but relieved at the fact that I didn't have to think of the guilt anymore. I felt pure, but I was keeping my gun. Crime was steadily rising, and I wanted to be careful. To be honest, I thought the guys back at work were becoming suspicious. I would usually come to work in stolen cars, and things along those lines. A weight was lifted. Before I could take another sip from my bar, I looked up to see a very angry man glaring at me.

"Eh Yo! What the fuck you doing?!" He said in what I thought was a Jamaican accent.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Can't choo fucking read, Star? Read the sign. This place closed. Due to Sickness, and all. See?" He said. Sickness? What? I then saw this man's eyes seemed somewhat blank. I left the bar without my drink.

This is where the shit really got serious.

Tuesday, I took the day off to go hunting for a place to stay. Around 4:00 pm, I settled on a place in Chinatown. It was pretty nice, but I was going to have to share it with someone else. That someone else was a guns dealer. I thought it over, but I just had to go with this place. It was the cheapest I could find. I managed to unload my stuff and get back at work around 5 pm. I put on my coat and got behind the counter. After about 10 minutes, an awkward looking man came shuffling in towards the desk. I asked if he needed help, but he just responded with low groans. His eyes seemed blank, like the man back at the bar. I got back in front of the counter to show the man the exit, but he attacked me. He lunged towards as the waiting room audience stared in shock. I managed to dodge his attack and grab a pen from the desk. He threw his arm towards my head, but I once again dodged his attack and stabbed the pen into his back. I sent two quick jabs towards his face and he fell to the floor. I managed to drag him to a bed while a nurse took care of him. We couldn't find what was wrong with him, but he died around 8 pm. I left 2 hours later..

Thinking about my old Apartment in Chinatown..

Maybe I should make shelter there. Hold on. Let me see how the storm is doing.

ENTRY 39:

The storm has calmed down, so I'm going to head towards my old apartment. I have with me only the Katana, and a surgical knife. I will have no problem finding it. It's just across the bridge. I'll write when I arrive there.

Last edited by JBPURCELL on 13th February 2010, 4:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

Post  Cry Vengeance 2nd November 2009, 7:18 pm

Your getting really good at this dude.

5 Stars.
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

http://www.undead-xbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 3rd November 2009, 12:52 am

Regarding Entry 33

Stupid Boomers. ._.
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

The Diary of Shao. Empty Winter has come.

Post  Zomando 5th November 2009, 10:25 pm

ENTRY 40:

As, I traveled through the damp wasteland, I was greeted by an unruly cold. I then realized the cruel winter has come. After what felt like 4 hours of traveling, I reached Chinatown. Some of the lights still glowed, which added a spooky feel to the abandoned area. After minutes of searching, I found my old apartment. The large metal door was surprisingly opened, but I barricaded it once I got inside. I sat down on the old couch I used to sleep on. The place looked the same, disturbingly the same. I looked through some old boxes and was surprised at what I found. Merry Fucking Christmas. Grenades, SMGs, Assaults Rifles. After I took everything I could carry, I rested for a few minutes. I then continued.

I decided to raid the Dragon Heart Plaza. I entered the building with my sword raised. I felt like I was in an old Yakuza movie as I walked slowly down the hall. To my surprise, a zombie came from behind a vending machine sprinting. I slashed it to the ground just in time. I was caught a little off-guard, for I was getting a little used to the Shamblers. I continued up the stairs and was attacked by three more. Each floor I ascended, it felt like more of them were accumulating. After minutes of slashing, I reached the top floor, I felt very uneasy. When I peeked down the hall, I could've shit my pants. An orgy of the undead was waiting at the end of the hall. Literally one another on top of each other, just groaning in need of flesh. I had to continue, I felt there was something good waiting at the end. A light at the end of the tunnel. I stepped out from behind the wall and let out a furious roar, signaling the horde. I'll keep my description short, I was VERY lucky, no, EXTREMELY lucky to make it out alive.

I walked down the hall to hear quiet cries, and I followed the sound. It led me to a small room, with a 2 young boys inside. One seemed unconscious as the other looked to me.

"Who are you?" he cried.

"I'm not here to hurt you." I said hesitantly.

"Sure! Just like the others! Just like those things!" He screamed. I crouched next to his dying friend to take a look. He was bitten all around his stomach.

"We have to kill him. He'll turn, and he'll kill yo-"

"NO! YOUR NOT KILLING TIM! IF YOU DO ANYTHING, I'M BLOWING THIS PLACE DOWN! I'VE GOT THE WHOLE BUILDING SET TO EXPLODE!" He said as he grasped a gun in one hand, and a detonation switch in the other.

"What? How?" I asked.

"I'VE HAD A LOT OF TIME ON MY HANDS! JUST GO! JUST LEA-" Just before he finished, his friend groaned back to life and took a large bite out of the boy's neck. He screamed as his hand pressed against the switch. Was the boy serious? I wasn't taking any chances. I sprinted down four flights of stairs as I felt the building shake around me. When I made it out, I turned back to see if the detonation did work. The boy didn't disappoint. I felt the heat of the explosion on my face. I sprinted out of Chinatown and didn't look back. When I thought I was at a safe distance, I rested in an Alleyway.

A Very Long Rest.

Last edited by JBPURCELL on 13th February 2010, 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

The Diary of Shao. Empty Subway.

Post  Zomando 8th November 2009, 11:12 am

ENTRY 41:

I woke up in a cold sweat. Bad dream. Bad fucking dream. There was clowns. So many clowns. If I haven't said so before, I'll say it now. I FUCKING HATE CLOWNS. I tried to get over it, but those images stayed in my head for the rest of the day. If that wasn't enough, it's got even colder. I put my tattered green coat over the old biker jacket to get some extra warmth. I picked up my backpack and I was off on another journey.

I walked through the long empty streets while battling the cold. The journey seemed endless, as I was practically searching for nothing. What is there to look for? Survivors? Everyone's dead. Help? No hope. As I heard a helicopter above, I looked up to get a closer look. It seemed like a military chopper, an Annihilator if I remember correctly. I wasn't taking any chances, so I scurried into the subway. Luckily, it was somewhat warmer down here.
I took out my sword for if I encountered anything. If I used a gun, the shots would echo down the tunnels. Only three, and they weren't any trouble at all. I took a look around and found nothing. I took good hard look at the tunnels. This seemed like a good way to travel. I hopped onto the tracks and continued down the dark path. I tried to use my cellphone to light the now pitch black path, but the battery was dying. After minutes of walking, the battery was dead, and I was fucked. But after even more minutes of traveling, I saw what looked like a flashlight and heard what sounded like a grown man. The more I walked, the closer the sounds and images got. Finally, the man broke from his weeping.

"Who's there, man?" he cried.

"I'm not here to hurt you. My name's JB." I responded.

"You gotta help me, man. You gotta." he coughed.

"Don't worry, I'm a Doctor. What's wrong?" I asked. He shone the dying flashlight onto what was once his arm, but there was nothing there. Just a bloody lump. He shone the light onto his face once more. It was littered with cuts and make-up....Clown make-up.

"Who-who did this to you?" I asked nervously. He coughed.

"Murray. Fucking Murray. Listen to me man. Stay away from Blood Dock." he said.

"Blood Dock?" I asked.

"Beachgate. Firefly Island. The carnival especially. Murray's fucking crazy, but he has friends. It's like a fucking cult. Matching tattoos. Fucking redneck psychopaths. Just stay away." He let out his final scream. The man died in the subway. The flashlight flickered off a few seconds after the man. Spooky.

I finally found some stairs after what felt like half an hour of groping around in the dark. When I reached the streets, I saw I was just in front of the museum in Middle Park. I heard voices. Voices of survivors? I followed the sounds until they brought me to the back of the museum. There were four other men, but to my surprise, one of them was Meatshield. I ran to him and gave him a warm hug.

"You're Alive!" I rejoiced.

"I know! Listen, we gotta find some ammo. LM called up his buddy with some walkie-talkies. The chopper's gonna come, but so is the horde. So come on, let's get ready." He said. After an hour of preparation, we found all the ammo we needed. We waited on the steps of the old museum. We could see the horde sprinting at us from miles away. We opened fire when they got close enough. We were able to defend the steps for about 6 minutes until the others were ripped to shreds. Only Meatshield and I remained, and we made a mad dash to the bridge. I saw the chopper hovering lower and lower. I took a look at the pilot. Lance? No. It couldn't be, but surprisingly the chopper crashed. We then sprinted down to the subway. We escaped, but also lost in the tunnels. We managed to find a small service room were we can sleep for the night.

I'll write in the morning.

Last edited by JBPURCELL on 13th February 2010, 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

The Diary of Shao. Empty Fuck.

Post  Zomando 11th November 2009, 10:04 pm

ENTRY 42:

"How can you explain this disease?"

"We don't know. w We don't know what it is."

"What happens to the victims?"

"They..they die, but the corpses reanimate. The victims then act flamboyantly. They are after the living. They are..

They are after flesh."

"How do we stop them?"

"Barricade your homes, if you come in contact with one, you shou-"

The TV flickered off. I knew by this time this disease shit is getting serious. I ran to my cabinet and loaded up my backpack. I packed sheets, clothes, and the pistol. Where would I go? The army was evacuating survivors out in Castle Gardens. I hurried upstairs to my car. I opened the door and tried to start the engine. No use. I knew I should have gotten gas earlier in the week. Just as I was about to swear, a body crashed against windshield. Frightened, I got out of the car. The sun was setting as I took a look down the street. Death filled the streets while smoke filled the air. I traveled down the alleys. I found myself in front of a construction site, and I chose to take refuge in it. I managed to climb to the third floor and barricade myself on the rooftop.

I didn't sleep well that night, and I felt like shit as morning came.

I climbed back down to the streets, it was deserted. Those monsters were gone. I looked through the abandoned stores for supplies. I stumbled upon a bookshelf in an old Gift Shop. I picked up a certain book, one with blank pages. I read the title.

DIARY

ENTRY 42:

I had another dream, but even worse than before. It was about the man in the subway, but there were more clowns. I clutched the Katana's handle for some sort of emotional support. I talked it over with Aaron, and we've decided to rest for the day down here. I have no problem with.

As long there's no fucking clowns.

Last edited by JBPURCELL on 13th February 2010, 4:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

The Diary of Shao. Empty 裂け女

Post  Zomando 12th November 2009, 10:07 pm

ENTRY 43:

More fucking dreams, but luckily no clowns. Kuchisake-onna.

The legend is said to originate with a young woman who lived hundreds of years ago, and was the wife of a samurai. She is said to have been very beautiful but also very vain, and possibly cheating on her husband. The samurai, extremely jealous and feeling cuckolded, attacked her and slit her mouth from ear to ear, screaming "Who will think you're beautiful now?"

The urban legend picks up from this point, stating that a woman roams around at night (especially during foggy evenings), with her face covered by a surgical mask. When she encounters someone, she will shyly ask, "Am I beautiful?" If the person answers yes, she will take off her mask and say, "Even like this?" At this point, if the victim answers "No," she will slay them or cut their mouths to resemble hers. If the victim tells her she is pretty a second time, she follows the victim home and slays them at the doorway to their residence. In other versions of the myth if you reply yes after she removes the mask she will give you a large blood soaked ruby and walk away.

Even though no clowns, I'm still on the fucking edge.

~~~~

We went out looking for supplies today, no fucking use. We need supplies quick or else were gonna have a tough time survivng.

Last edited by JBPURCELL on 13th February 2010, 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorg 12th November 2009, 10:11 pm

love the way you put in the story of the japaneese girl ive heard it before
Namorg
Namorg
posts once a year

https://www.youtube.com/namorg12

Back to top Go down

The Diary of Shao. Empty Picked up and Again Abandoned

Post  Zomando 15th November 2009, 11:43 pm

ENTRY 44:

It would've never happened unless we had a flashlight. I lost him. I lost Meatshield. Judging from his luck, he'll turn up without a scratch. Let's hope his luck doesn't run out..

I found a service exit that led me back up to the streets. The exit was right by a bridge into Alderney, so I headed towards it. Oddly, I didn't encounter any trouble with zombies along the way, but zombies were the least of my troubles that day.

The streets were silent as my footsteps echoed. As always, the fog filled the city. I was alerted as I thought I heard footsteps. I scurried into an alley to investigate the sound. To my surprise, it was men. Soldiers in dark gray uniforms. Judging from my past experiences, if they saw me, they'd fire on site. I stuck to the shadows. Just as I was about to turn around, I found myself staring down a soldier's barrel. His boot struck me to the ground as he continued to point his gun at me. He signaled over his friends.

"Do you think he's infected?" One asked.

"Not sure, but we're not taking any chances." Another said. "Fire on my signal."

"Ready.."

"Aim.."

A phone crackled with life as the countdown was stopped. I could overhear the conversation.

"Black Dango. I repeat. Black Dango. The horde is coming your way." It said.

"Shit, you better get those cars here in 5 minutes. You're saving our asses." One responded. He gave me a helping hand. As I got to my feet, he handed me a pump shotgun. "We'll sort this out soon."

Just as we took refuge in a gated area, the horde surrounded us. We managed to defend ourselves until the cars came. It was a close one, but I managed to jump into the front seat of the van. We drove off to safety.

I sat in silence as the soldiers stared at me. It was about 2 miles later when the driver began to violently curse. The car stopped in front of a burning building, and the soldiers jumped out.

"HALF OF OUR BOYS WERE IN THERE! NOOO!" I could here one screaming. As they were mourning over their loss, I hopped out of the car and ran to safety. About 6 blocks away, I stopped to catch my breath. I looked up to see a haunting sign.

BEACHGATE.

In other words..

Blood Dock.

Last edited by JBPURCELL on 13th February 2010, 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next